The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2015, 08:55 AM   #1
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,215
Casey and April #4 preview/discussion

http://www.comicbookresources.com/co...ril-4-idw-2015
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 09:19 AM   #2
ChosenOne
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,951
Finally! I spent all of yesterday and this morning (in Europe) searching for this preview but you got the drop on me, Nines. I guess they took their sweet time posting it figuring not many people would care about the delay.

Aaand... Welcome to what the previous three issues should've been like!

Last edited by ChosenOne; 09-19-2015 at 09:24 AM.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 11:30 AM   #3
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,215
I guess Rat King was (or posed as) Spiro Agnew. Kinda funny.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 11:45 AM   #4
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Richard Nixon done got taken in by Rat King?

And where the FVCK was all this goodness the first three useless issues?
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 12:42 PM   #5
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Richard Nixon done got taken in by Rat King?
Poor Tricky Dick just can't catch a break when it comes to his portrayal in comic books, I guess. Maybe it's not quite as bad as what Marvel did to him in Captain America #175.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 09-19-2015 at 05:56 PM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 02:11 PM   #6
ctt4lfecw
Stone Warrior
 
ctt4lfecw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Neutrino
Posts: 817
Ah yes the book where nothing really ever happens. Thank god this is over this week. Batman/tmnt here we come!
ctt4lfecw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 04:50 PM   #7
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Poor Tricky Dick just can't catch a break when it comes to his portrayal in comic books, I guess. Maybe its' not quite as bad as what Marvel did to him in Captain America #175.
Care to give me a spoiler on Nixon in Captain America? You intrigue me greatly, old man!
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 05:43 PM   #8
ChosenOne
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,951
I'll just leave this here...


Last edited by ChosenOne; 09-19-2015 at 05:59 PM.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 05:53 PM   #9
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Care to give me a spoiler on Nixon in Captain America? You intrigue me greatly, old man!
Sadly, I've never actually read that infamously historic issue myself, but it was one of the most pivotal events in Captain America's character development way back in the 1970s in the wake of Vietnam and the Watergate scandal. It really shook up Cap as to whether he was really fighting on the side of the good guys anymore. As I understand, it was the conclusion of the "Secret Empire" storyline (now available in a TPB if interested), where Cap discovered the mysterious leader of the Secret Empire was non other than . . . eh... some high ranking government official whose face remained shielded from the reader via silhouette... who promptly committed suicide! Marvel editors tried to distance themselves from committing to the true identity of "Number One," but the authorial intention was pretty obvious.
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Number_...28Earth-616%29
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 06:25 PM   #10
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I'll just leave this here...

I laughed a little too hard at that.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 07:41 PM   #11
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Sadly, I've never actually read that infamously historic issue myself, but it was one of the most pivotal events in Captain America's character development way back in the 1970s in the wake of Vietnam and the Watergate scandal. It really shook up Cap as to whether he was really fighting on the side of the good guys anymore. As I understand, it was the conclusion of the "Secret Empire" storyline (now available in a TPB if interested), where Cap discovered the mysterious leader of the Secret Empire was non other than . . . eh... some high ranking government official whose face remained shielded from the reader via silhouette... who promptly committed suicide! Marvel editors tried to distance themselves from committing to the true identity of "Number One," but the authorial intention was pretty obvious.
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Number_...28Earth-616%29
Interesting indeed! I think my favorite portrayal of Richard Nixon is from Doctor Who's "Day of the Moon" two-part story. I love those episodes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I'll just leave this here...

http://i.imgur.com/frOCuS4.jpg
Oh Rat King... Face it, RK, you haven't done much else yet this story. Unless you redeem yourself with some sheer badassery this issue, you've been reduced to the TMNT's version of Stubb's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ...2_Stubblefield
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 01:33 AM   #12
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist
 
shredder orokusaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,518
Will it release tomorow?
__________________
I AM THE SHREDDER!!!!!
shredder orokusaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 05:37 AM   #13
old_hob88
Foot Soldier
 
old_hob88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Baltimore, Marlyand
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
Will it release tomorow?
It comes out this Wednesday.
old_hob88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 05:39 AM   #14
old_hob88
Foot Soldier
 
old_hob88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Baltimore, Marlyand
Posts: 249
So far the preview for #4 looks better. I'm hoping we get some big payoff this issue to make up for the slow pacing of the first three.
old_hob88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 07:20 AM   #15
ChosenOne
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,951
Well, it was a decent end to the mini, at least... Though it felt a bit rushed, especially after three issues where nothing happened and suddenly we were moving so fast that the final pages came out of nowhere.

Not the best effort by the IDW TMNT crew in terms of a mini, but this issue was at least intriguing.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 08:41 AM   #16
old_hob88
Foot Soldier
 
old_hob88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Baltimore, Marlyand
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Well, it was a decent end to the mini, at least... Though it felt a bit rushed, especially after three issues where nothing happened and suddenly we were moving so fast that the final pages came out of nowhere.

Not the best effort by the IDW TMNT crew in terms of a mini, but this issue was at least intriguing.
I agree with this, but I feel the payoff at the end still wasn't worth the first 3 issues. Honestly, we don't really know too much more about the pantheon other than

Spoiler:
There is a snake immortal (kinda looks like Scaletail, but that's unlikely) and April is going to play a big part in the coming war. Also "Red"'s real name is Aka.


I was just hoping for something more in terms of what is coming up with the pantheon, or perhaps another character reveal.

I dunno, I just found this whole mini to be a disappointment.
old_hob88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 08:48 AM   #17
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_hob88 View Post
I agree with this, but I feel the payoff at the end still wasn't worth the first 3 issues. Honestly, we don't really know too much more about the pantheon other than

Spoiler:
There is a snake immortal (kinda looks like Scaletail, but that's unlikely) and April is going to play a big part in the coming war. Also "Red"'s real name is Aka.


I was just hoping for something more in terms of what is coming up with the pantheon, or perhaps another character reveal.

I dunno, I just found this whole mini to be a disappointment.
Haven't had a chance to read it yet. So, to sum EVERYTHING we've learned from this mini-series:

Spoiler:
  • Rat King likes Barbeque,
  • Rat King has a sister he calls Red but is named Aka and is a crane,
  • Rat King has a snake sibling,
  • and last and most importantly...
  • Mariko Tamaki should NEVER write for TMNT again
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 09:17 AM   #18
old_hob88
Foot Soldier
 
old_hob88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Baltimore, Marlyand
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Haven't had a chance to read it yet. So, to sum EVERYTHING we've learned from this mini-series:

Spoiler:
  • Rat King likes Barbeque,
  • Rat King has a sister he calls Red but is named Aka and is a crane,
  • Rat King has a snake sibling,
  • and last and most importantly...
  • Mariko Tamaki should NEVER write for TMNT again
^Pretty much this.
old_hob88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:53 AM   #19
Metalhead 2.0
Stone Warrior
 
Metalhead 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 822
All I want to know is
Spoiler:
where did Aka get that pizza?
There wasn't a store for miles and even if there was it's not like she can just walk in there and buy it...
Metalhead 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 11:02 AM   #20
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalhead 2.0 View Post
All I want to know is
Spoiler:
where did Aka get that pizza?
There wasn't a store for miles and even if there was it's not like she can just walk in there and buy it...
Well, this IS a TMNT comic. What better way to disguise a terrible useless story than by including...

Spoiler:
Pizza?
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mini-series


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.