The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2015, 07:14 AM   #1
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,098
Who's the character to turn PDMT around

there's one character missing to turn BayTurtles movies around. Who is it?
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 07:47 AM   #2
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
In my opinion they're too flawed to be fixed by the mere inclusion of a certain person/creature. Granted, Bebop & Rocksteady are helping to make the sequel more appealing, but I don't necessarily think small improvements are turning things around entirely. I thought Casey Jones would do wonders for them but they've completely neutered the character, so I'm fairly sure right off the bat that it will not only not make things better, but hinder it further.

If we could go back & tinker with the first one a little bit? Having the Hamato Yoshi/Oroku Saki origin in place would be a big help, & those are two characters that were never referred to or seen (you could count the bald Shredder character but that namesake was not used so it's kinda up in the air).
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 08:00 AM   #3
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Cudley the Cowlick. Duh.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 08:37 AM   #4
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
TMNT has a huge roster of characters they can bring to live action, with Krang and the Technodrome possibly showing up in the 2nd one, maybe they can bring in Leatherhead for the 3rd.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 08:45 AM   #5
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Yep, Hamato Yoshi and the Oroku Saki feud is the thing that kicks it off properly and makes it all work. You need that from the very beginning. But it's too late now -- they could try to retcon that into a sequel, I guess, but it'd be really forced and awkward. IMO, the foundation's been set already and can't be improved. Unfortunately.

Oh well. Better luck next reboot.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 08:50 AM   #6
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist
 
Panda_Kahn_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Yep, Hamato Yoshi and the Oroku Saki feud is the thing that kicks it off properly and makes it all work. You need that from the very beginning. IMO, it's too late now -- they could try to retcon that into a sequel, I guess, but it'd be really forced and awkward. The foundation's already there and can';t be improved, unfortunately.

Oh well. Better luck next reboot.
I disagree totally. Since we're working from an IDW-like origin, the reincarnation angle could be worked into the second or third film as a revelation/flashback, and not be forced.

Character wise, Lets see the Tricertons for the third one, make them krang's foots soldiers, with the rock soldiers being his elite guard.
__________________
My TMNT fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1266176...n-a-Half-Shell

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 08:59 AM   #7
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Irma.

Then the OT tmnt based movies are complete.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:36 AM   #8
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
Hamato yoshi.
__________________
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:38 AM   #9
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist
 
Panda_Kahn_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
Hamato yoshi.
This, 100% times 1,000!
__________________
My TMNT fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1266176...n-a-Half-Shell

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:47 AM   #10
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior
 
TheJ-manTurtleMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 646
If Eric Sacks is still in the movies, I can see him being mutated into a different character, possibly the Rat King.
__________________
Hey Man! It's The J-Man!

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:59 AM   #11
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
This, 100% times 1,000!
Still bothers me that they wrote him out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJ-manTurtleMan View Post
If Eric Sacks is still in the movies, I can see him being mutated into a different character, possibly the Rat King.
I was hoping for that as well. If they do plan to keep him around, I think the Rat King would make total sense given his history with experimentation on Splinter himself. Plus the Turtles having to fight their own master in Movie-3 would be amazing.
__________________
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 10:05 AM   #12
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
Turn around? None I can think of.
Would be amusing to see: Ninjara or Alopex.
Or maybe Lucindra.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 10:20 AM   #13
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist
 
Panda_Kahn_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Turn around? None I can think of.
Would be amusing to see: Ninjara or Alopex.
Or maybe Lucindra.

I'd LOVE to see Ninjara/Alopex, though Lucindra may be a problem, as Rick Arthur still owns her.
__________________
My TMNT fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1266176...n-a-Half-Shell

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 10:21 AM   #14
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
In my opinion they're too flawed to be fixed by the mere inclusion of a certain person/creature. Granted, Bebop & Rocksteady are helping to make the sequel more appealing, but I don't necessarily think small improvements are turning things around entirely. I thought Casey Jones would do wonders for them but they've completely neutered the character, so I'm fairly sure right off the bat that it will not only not make things better, but hinder it further.

If we could go back & tinker with the first one a little bit? Having the Hamato Yoshi/Oroku Saki origin in place would be a big help, & those are two characters that were never referred to or seen (you could count the bald Shredder character but that namesake was not used so it's kinda up in the air).
Completely agree, the turtles and the entire trilogy its self is flawed on many fundamental aspects.

At least we will get some good jokes and what looks to be a decent movie
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 10:50 AM   #15
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Irma.
Beat me to making that joke.

Really though, Yoshi obviously. How can you not have Yoshi in Turtles? It makes as much sense as a horror movie with no killer and/or monster.


Spoiler:
If not that, uhh... I know, stop sidelining Leo in films, he can do it! He can save the day, and movie, and whole film industry!
Spoiler:
Leo: Wait, what?

IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 12:53 PM   #16
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative
 
GoldMutant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: New England
Posts: 1,763
Venus.

In all seriousness, yeah the obvious thing is something involving Hamato Yoshi because of the stupidity. (even with his name on the book, screw that logic of the unmutated rat) The damage is done though, better luck next time.
__________________
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 06:55 PM   #17
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior
 
TheJ-manTurtleMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 646
I would love it if they had Klunk in these movies
__________________
Hey Man! It's The J-Man!

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 09:09 PM   #18
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
I disagree totally. Since we're working from an IDW-like origin, the reincarnation angle could be worked into the second or third film as a revelation/flashback, and not be forced.
Except the IDW series had that angle from the beginning. Suddenly opening that can of worms in a sequel would almost assuredly be awkward and forced and seem like it came out of nowhere. I suppose it's possible to introduce that after the fact in an effective way, but considering that these movies can barely get their bare-bones generic action movie plots to make sense, I wouldn't bet on it.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 09:14 PM   #19
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
In all seriousness, yeah the obvious thing is something involving Hamato Yoshi because of the stupidity. (even with his name on the book, screw that logic of the unmutated rat) The damage is done though, better luck next time.
Wait what book?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 06:21 AM   #20
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist
 
DarkLightDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Wait what book?
The book in which they learned ninjitsu. The author is named as Hamato Yoshi.
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
turn pdmt around


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.