The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Secret of the Ooze or Out of the Shadows?
Secret of the Ooze 59 73.75%
Out of the Shadows 15 18.75%
Neither 6 7.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2016, 07:32 AM   #1
Mew
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: In an apartment
Posts: 3,159
The better TMNT 2

Which is better, Out of the Shadows or Secret of the Ooze?

I think Secret of the Ooze hands down. The Turtles are better, in both design and personality. April isn't just sitting there to look pretty. She actually acts! (No pun intended) Tokka and Rahzar are almost the same as Bebop and Rocksteady, but they don't use CGI and looked very good. I don't like them as much, but they weren't so bad. Super Shredder looks way better then this Shredder. He had a helmet and some blades. And he actually fought. Krang was very good in OOTS, but he was barely there!

Secret of the Ooze also had way better action figures.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 09:41 AM   #2
Cyndaquilfan123
Foot Soldier
 
Cyndaquilfan123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 175
I liked Out Of the Shadows better. It's now my 2nd favorite TMNT movie.
Cyndaquilfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 12:04 PM   #3
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,039
Secret of the Ooze. It's a bad movie but it's at least a bad movie that does not give me a headache.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 06:35 PM   #4
killerkobra
Random Punk
 
killerkobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Edmonton Alberta Canada
Posts: 20
Ooze is awesome and I love it. Some cheesy moments yet but still great

Out of the Shadows I liked, but Shredder and Casey ruined it for me.

Voted for Ooze
killerkobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 07:03 AM   #5
pferreira
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,514
I love Secret of the Ooze, a fun sequel.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 07:07 AM   #6
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Soto is boring and uneventful, so OotS.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 07:40 AM   #7
Lucky
Mouser
 
Lucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 5
I enjoyed both, but I've got to give the edge to Out of the Shadows.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:00 AM   #8
mikey22
Stone Warrior
 
mikey22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 682
def the original

yes it sucks there is no weapon usage
but damn

there were no fart jokes

no pathetic plot lines of betrayal

you also get jim henson muppets

a little too raph is one of the best lines in movie history!


definitely better than "MY MAN"
mikey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:20 AM   #9
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndaquilfan123 View Post
I liked Out Of the Shadows better. It's now my 2nd favorite TMNT movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I enjoyed both, but I've got to give the edge to Out of the Shadows.


Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 12:59 PM   #10
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative
 
GoldMutant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: New England
Posts: 1,763
Considering I don't have any intention of watching Out of the Shadows due to disinterest, better talk about Secret of the Ooze.

Based on the former's trailer, SOTO looks a lot better. Personally, it's my favorite Turtles look on the big screen, even more than the original 90's film at times. It introduced Tokka, Rahzar, and Super Shredder too who have all gone on to appear in numerous TMNT media, either cartoon wise for the duo or the video games for all of them. Other than that, I honestly am not a fan of the movie.

Whether it be due to a cheaper plot, the lighting hurting the film's appearance, the toned down violence and script and so on are my issues. It's not the worst Ninja Turtles film, but even with nostalgia it doesn't peak my tastes. I honestly don't feel there's been one good Turtles sequel movie in general; the only exception I can think of is TMNT. It's not the greatest piece of TMNT lore, but it's animation is rather stunning, music is wonderful, and majority of the voice actors do well.

Back on topic though, until I see OOTS, I can't vote favorably towards either.
__________________
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 03:59 PM   #11
pferreira
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
Considering I don't have any intention of watching Out of the Shadows due to disinterest, better talk about Secret of the Ooze.
I found Out of the Shadows to be a more fun film and better than the first Platinum Dunes. Your mileage may vary.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 03:20 AM   #12
Longview01
Foot Soldier
 
Longview01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 202
Out of the Shadows, easily my 2nd fav film now
__________________
Longview01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 09:34 PM   #13
slingtheory
Stone Warrior
 
slingtheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 580
I have to say soto. Sure its downgrade from the original but it's still an insanely quotable nostalgic flick that left it's mark on the franchise. You can walk up to any stranger in thier 30s today with a line from that movie and 9 times out of 10 they'll know exactly where you got it from. I'd honestly be surprised if anybody even remembers oots 10 years from now
__________________
slingtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 06:21 PM   #14
ZacksSoUgly
Foot Soldier
 
ZacksSoUgly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 104
As much as I liked Out of the Shadows, Secret of the Ooze is still better. SOTO hasn't aged as well as the original movie, but only time will tell if OOTS holds up in any way.

Voted for SOTO
__________________
Check out TMNT articles I've written for The Hundreds :
TMNT Movie Rankings
Top 10 Comics of 2015
Kevin Eastman Interview

TMNT Collecting Social Media
Instagram : @ZOSOtmnt
ZacksSoUgly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 09:39 AM   #15
Leolead
Stone Warrior
 
Leolead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Cali
Posts: 909
Uhh tie, but if I HAD to choose SOTO
__________________
Leolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 06:13 PM   #16
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
I liked both about equally. SotO was good but not what I expected after the first. OotS was decent compared to the previous film. Both had issues but also had their high points as well. Like R and B being actual characters instead of just idiotic "babies" doing what mama Shredder tells them. However, I liked Perry better than the new movie's cheesy version of Baxter. Story was about as good/bad in equal parts in both.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 10:29 PM   #17
Masterpiece
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 36
Secret of the Ooze wins, but it's still a poor sequel.
Masterpiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 10:30 PM   #18
Masterpiece
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Secret of the Ooze. It's a bad movie but it's at least a bad movie that does not give me a headache.
That's the best way to sum up Secret of the Ooze, LOL!
Masterpiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 10:32 PM   #19
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,412
OotS is almost the spiritual successor of TMNT II. Both are devoid of anything resembling heart, both pander to One Million Moms or whatever and Playmates ("no weapons use! think of the chiiiildren!" "mrrrre mutants!").

That said, at least TMNT II had the TMNT looking like the TMNT. And kind of had a beginning, middle, and end.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 09:17 AM   #20
pferreira
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
OotS is almost the spiritual successor of TMNT II. Both are devoid of anything resembling heart, both pander to One Million Moms or whatever and Playmates ("no weapons use! think of the chiiiildren!" "mrrrre mutants!").

That said, at least TMNT II had the TMNT looking like the TMNT. And kind of had a beginning, middle, and end.
Compared to the 2014 film Out of the Shadows was terrific.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tmnt 2


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.