The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Alpha's Magical Christmas or We Wish you a Turtles Christmas?
Turtles Christmas 3 42.86%
Alpha's "Magical" Christmas 2 28.57%
Neither/Can't decide/ETC 2 28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2016, 05:43 AM   #1
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist
 
thundermaster612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Ninjago City
Posts: 1,214
Turtle's Christmas VS Alpha's Magical Christmas

This thread is for the Power Rangers fans. I decided to watch Alpha's Magical Christmas because its December and the wiki said it was sort of like We Wish you a Turtle's Christmas. But anyways I believe it's time to compare, which is worse/better: Alpha's Magical Christmas or We Wish you a Turtles Christmas? I'm leaning towards AMC. Also please keep the conversation about Power Rangers within the Mighty Morphin seasons because that's when this took place and I don't want spoilers for other seasons I'm going to watch.

Oh yeah, here are links for people who want to see them:
AMC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wu6btCUd_Q
WWTC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6grWQ55VAI
__________________
thundermaster612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 06:27 AM   #2
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite
 
LeotheLateBloomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,117
As much as I love both, I wish people would cease making comparisons between the two.

Anyway, I remember watching both as a kid but I found Alpha's Magical Christmas to be boring. Maybe because I've always loved TMNT more than PR even as a kid. It really depends on whether you prefer something to be so bad, it's laughable or so bad, that it's boring. I prefer the former so I'd go with WWYATC even if I don't like the special as much as an adult. Turtle Tunes made me shutter, though.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 08:51 AM   #3
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur
 
Tetsu Deinonychus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Studio Snowlion HQ
Posts: 3,021
Turtle Christmas is more ridiculous and insane, and therefore more fun to watch. They're both pretty "so bad it's good" and make for a fun double feature, though.
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 11:23 AM   #4
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,393
I prefer I'm Dreaming of a White Ranger to AMC. It involves the Rangers more and there's at least an attempt at some sort of threat to Santa and his workshop.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 12:23 PM   #5
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Deinonychus View Post
Turtle Christmas is more ridiculous and insane, and therefore more fun to watch. They're both pretty "so bad it's good" and make for a fun double feature, though.
Agreed with this. I prefer Ninja Turtles because I always loved TMNT much more and prefer the concept. Sure TMNT was corny but it had a charm about it. I still think of a few moments in there to this day like the pun of the wrap rap title or Micheangelo spontaneously doing a spin of 'Oh, Little Town of Bethlehem' or wishing Shredder a Merry Christmas and realizing what they sang. The one thing about Alpha's Magical Christmas I liked had nothing to with it's premise. It was the fact that the Green Ranger appears after he was swapped out in favor of the White Ranger creating a 'what if' where he remained Green,but half the team still left'
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 01:20 PM   #6
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,186
I'm a fan of both but turtles Christmas is genuinely entertaining for me while alphas magical Christmas is more of a what the heck interesting.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 08:23 AM   #7
pferreira
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,514
Say what you will about Alpha's Magical Christmas but at least the production values for that are consistent with the Power Rangers series.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.