![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
That whack job behind you
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
|
Has anybody ever seen your love for TMNT as a shortcoming?
Back in my mid 20s ( 2005 - 2008 ), my sister used to put me down for still liking the Ninja Turtles and once in a while my mom would follow suit, even going so far as to blaming my fondness of them for my short temper. There have been times recently where even I found myself wondering if my family is right about it. It's hard enough letting such a cherished part of your childhood go to the wayside, but when people in your life say sh*t like that, it really makes you question everything.
On the other hand I always find it surprising how supportive my cousins and other relatives can be as opposed to my own immediate family. As a result I often find myself desiring to spend more time with those people. I can remain a TMNT fan and not feel judged around them. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
|
I would just tell those who dislike it to stop arguing, or maybe they woul'dve liked it better if you used alchocol, tobacco or even drugs?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 | |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,416
|
Quote:
But alcohol and tobacco are delicious.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,806
|
Once you're a TMNT fan, you're a TMNT fan for life.
Once you go TMNT you never go back. |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 | |
|
Annalist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
|
Quote:
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 | |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,416
|
Quote:
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 | ||
|
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
|
Meh, everyone's a weirdo to someone else.
You've just got to own what you love, and let the chips fall where they may.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------ Quote:
Quote:
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
That whack job behind you
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
|
Andrew, you're kind of using my question as an excuse to do your typical "I hate the original cartoon." ranting, and I really don't appreciate it. Please refrain from pulling that sh*t in this thread. I'd appreciate it.
Aside from that, I've been loving everybody else's contribution to the conversation, especially what plastroncafe just said!!! |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,416
|
Well, clearly. I didn't think it needed to be said outright.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
|
Andrew, Jeff keep your personal beefs out of the thread, please.
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
That whack job behind you
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
|
Andrew, I asked you politely as I possibly as I can NOT to be a dick on this thread that I started and I'd thank you to respect my wishes instead of trying to egg me on. Now go find some other place on the forum to act out!!!
Check your PM box, please!!! Last edited by Jephael; 01-04-2017 at 01:38 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#12 | |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,416
|
I did, honestly. I would have made the same posts if it was anyone else.
Except if it were Plastron's. I don't think I'd risk it. What were you, like, the kid on the playground who'd narc out kids using bad words to the playground lady and then brag about it in class? You realize that'd hardly something to take pride in, right? Oh, you edited it already. Looks like you decided to fire away! Good on you, man. Quote:
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
Col. Stinkmeaner
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,218
|
I think my addictive personality causes me more grief than whatever it is I happen to be fixated on at any given time. Be it TMNT, or anything else.
My girlfriend will often joke that she's the fifth most important person in my life, after the turtles. To which I remind her that she forgot Master Splinter and she's 6th But she's mostly joking. It only gets dramatic when she feels like I'm letting alcohol or pornography get between us. |
|
|
|
|
|
#14 | ||
|
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
|
Smart Man.
I mean, as a question goes, it's not a terrible one. I got picked on a lot as a kid for liking the things I liked, and not having those things equally liked by girls of my cohort. It's all a matter of finding "your people." That said, there's a line between Liking/Loving something and being Insufferable about it.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------ Quote:
Quote:
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#15 | |
|
That whack job behind you
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 | |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,416
|
Quote:
It's a bit like a year ago, my girl reached up to get a box out of the closet and... oops, a book falls on her head. I start laughing, and she's crying. Is it my fault that I'm laughing? I don't know, I don't think so.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
|
Col. Stinkmeaner
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,218
|
Relationships are hell. You're better off.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
|
That whack job behind you
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
|
don't be a sexist pig.
**DR** Last edited by DarthRaphael; 01-05-2017 at 02:10 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#19 | ||
|
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
|
Are you for serious right now?
__________________
------------------------------------------------------ Quote:
Quote:
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#20 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 9,998
|
Not really. Even when I was a teenager I didn't get teased for it. Just some chuckles or "really?" kind of reactions. Plus, despite liking FW and all it's kinda sad that FW and live action movies are the only things people associate with the Turtles and thus automatically label you asa "pathetic manchild" if you tell them you're a TMNT fan.
Not embarrassed of it by any means, but it's just not worth to disclose to some people that I like TMNT. Not that I get asked questions often that might lead me to say I like TMNT, anyway. So it's hard for people to know unless they check my FB profile and take a look at which pages I follow. |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|