The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2017, 05:06 AM   #1
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Do you prefer Casey Jones hanging out with the turtles in almost every story?

Do you prefer Casey Jones hanging out with the turtles in almost every story, or just appear sometimes as in the 1987-1996 animated TV-series.

I prefer him in storylines with street criminals. When it comes to extraterrestrials attacking Earth, there's no major point of almost always using him.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 06:37 AM   #2
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,035
It's actually feels weird to imagine Casey not being part of the main cast, so the fact that the Nickelodeon cartoon didn't introduce him until season 2 seemed kind of bizarre, and that he was barely in the FW cartoon is definitely bizarre.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 06:44 AM   #3
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior
 
Splinter the boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 938
I like him around. who doesn't?
__________________

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 06:45 AM   #4
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter the boss View Post
I like him around. who doesn't?
But not for almost every story. The MWS series had him more as an ally the turtles would call when needing help, but not part of the family.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 11:03 AM   #5
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
It really depends on how he's depicted. I thought 4Kids did a good job with his personality and storyarc, which IDW has adapted very well. The Nickelodeon cartoon on the other hand seems to have taken him into a far less mature direction.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 03:22 AM   #6
Walkabout
Stone Warrior
 
Walkabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 556
My "ultimate" TMNT universe is a mix of Mirage, Palladium RPG, original toys, OT and the first movie.

I like Casey as the #1 (combat) ally, but don't think he has to be with the turtles all the time, every time...like April.
__________________
"When did Mickey become Sherk?" -Ralph


R.I.P. Dave Brockie A.K.A. Oderus Urungus
None But The Brave
Walkabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 10:49 AM   #7
Dork of 1987
Random Punk
 
Dork of 1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 17
I like Casey as an unhinged and ultra-violent foil to the turtles like he was in the Mirage Raphael one shot.
Dork of 1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 05:37 AM   #8
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
It really depends on how he's depicted. I thought 4Kids did a good job with his personality and storyarc
Yes, it did. But did he still need to hang out with the turtles in almost every episode from his introduction?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.