The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite TMNT future-timeline
Once Upon a Time Machine (1987-1996 animated TV-series) 1 4.76%
Future Shark trilogy (1988-1996 TMNT Adventures Comics) 7 33.33%
Fast Forward (2003-2009 animated TV-series) 5 23.81%
Other 8 38.10%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2017, 03:57 PM   #1
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Favourite TMNT future setting

Many TMNT-versions have their own future timeline. Which is your favourite?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 04:00 PM   #2
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
I love the setting of New New York in 4Kids, but at the same time I prefer Future Don and Raph from Archie comics over Cody and Serling.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 04:09 PM   #3
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
How you gonna ignore the future settings of Mirage? C'mon, man. IDW also had a future issue, though it was an alternate timeline in the way that SAINW was (& that too could go into the list).

Anyways, it's a hard one to call. I kinda like them all equally, I guess?
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 05:10 PM   #4
cloud
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 738
I like the Mirage comic glimpse of the future the best. I think it was loosely adapted in the Same as it never was story arc in the 4kids 2k3 show.
There's only glimpse of the possible future where things are more dark and tragic. The turtles went their separate ways with no explanation while some turtles have some distinctive scars and injuries. It just felt like there was a strong story to be told there and we're so used to seeing all 4 of the turtles together, it's such a strong message when you see them no longer a team of 4.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:32 AM   #5
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
How you gonna ignore the future settings of Mirage? C'mon, man. IDW also had a future issue, though it was an alternate timeline in the way that SAINW was (& that too could go into the list).

Anyways, it's a hard one to call. I kinda like them all equally, I guess?
Didn't read them, but you can vote for "other". Same as it Never Was also go for "other".
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 06:03 AM   #6
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
I'm saying "other" because I have multiples.

The Mirage future of the ocean level rise taking place was pretty interesting. Disaster as climate scientists predicted did occur, but life moved on and adjusted, then moved along, business as always. The turtles may have split apart and started leading their own lives. Sad as it is, that's okay. It happens in families sometimes.

There is a glaring problem with it, though. If the Utroms were so concerned about saving the human race...why did they focus on curing cancer instead of presenting humanity with the tools to save the planet as they knew it? Why did Earth become a tourist spot for alien life if it was in danger of flooding? Fix your priorities, fellas. Save the world first, THEN its people and invite visitors.

I also sort of liked the alternate future in Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything. The one where Krang succeeded in taking control of the Earth. Mostly because, within the bar, there are humans hanging around. Again, Earth is flooded with aliens, but humans live on and intermingle with alien life. Ironically, it seems the presence of the turtles likely have made matters worse for Earth. Had they and Saki not been a pressing threat, Krang might not have felt the need for utter annihilation. He seemed to have gone along with Plan A and succeeded without resorting to Genocide. Okay, maybe on Earth. Who knows what happened to Neutrino.

It doesn't seem to be total paradise, but any future where humanity has managed to cling on is fine by me. Especially right now with how things are going in reality...
__________________

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 01-22-2017 at 07:34 AM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 06:12 AM   #7
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
I like the Mirage comic glimpse of the future the best. I think it was loosely adapted in the Same as it never was story arc in the 4kids 2k3 show.
Nah. They're unrelated.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 04:48 AM   #8
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist
 
Cryomancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,090
Am I remembering things poorly or were there some similarities between Mirage and Archie's futures? They were both flooded at least?
__________________

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 08:23 AM   #9
Icebot
Foot Elite
 
Icebot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast, US
Posts: 3,225
Fast Forward is my favorite!
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 11:30 AM   #10
FredWolfLeonardo
This ***** used to be Fun
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Aotearoa New Zealand
Posts: 5,370
I liked "same as it never was" from 2k3 and sheredderville from FW
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:36 PM   #11
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I liked "same as it never was" from 2k3 and sheredderville from FW
Shredderville is just a dream, but more of Earth in an "alternate reality" than future.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 11:57 AM   #12
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur
 
Tetsu Deinonychus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Studio Snowlion HQ
Posts: 3,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Am I remembering things poorly or were there some similarities between Mirage and Archie's futures? They were both flooded at least?
They were indeed both flooded by global warming, both had Raphael missing an eye, and both were largely defined by Stephen Murphy. There's a lot of overlap.

I have to say I liked the Archie future the best. It was the best defined and most interesting. Future Don and Raph were great, and "Dreamland" was a very cool story. The Mirage future (which really should have been an option) is a little too bleak and mysterious for my taste. And, I don't even remember "Once Upon a Time Machine", unless that's the one where Mike had a cooking show.

My second favourite would be "Fast Forward". I know it was the "shark jump" for the 4kids TMNT, but it was entertaining and I enjoyed watching it just fine (and I like the Cody/Starlee pairing).
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 03:44 PM   #13
Icebot
Foot Elite
 
Icebot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast, US
Posts: 3,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Deinonychus View Post
And, I don't even remember "Once Upon a Time Machine", unless that's the one where Mike had a cooking show.
It is not. The cooking show happened in Splinter Vanishes.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 04:36 PM   #14
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Deinonychus View Post
They were indeed both flooded by global warming, both had Raphael missing an eye, and both were largely defined by Stephen Murphy. There's a lot of overlap.

I have to say I liked the Archie future the best. It was the best defined and most interesting. Future Don and Raph were great, and "Dreamland" was a very cool story. The Mirage future (which really should have been an option) is a little too bleak and mysterious for my taste. And, I don't even remember "Once Upon a Time Machine", unless that's the one where Mike had a cooking show.

My second favourite would be "Fast Forward". I know it was the "shark jump" for the 4kids TMNT, but it was entertaining and I enjoyed watching it just fine (and I like the Cody/Starlee pairing).
"Once Upon a Time Machine" is the future of the 1987-1996 animated TV-series. It's one of the lighter futures, with crime reducing, new inventions and the Earth isn't flooded by global warming. Splinter isn't there, probably dead because of old age.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 04:45 PM   #15
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
My favorite future setting is from Future Shark Trilogy, It showed us what the Turtles be like as mature adults, That was also followed by the Cyber Samurai Mutant Ninja Turtles story also set in the future.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:43 AM   #16
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
My favorite future setting is from Future Shark Trilogy, It showed us what the Turtles be like as mature adults, That was also followed by the Cyber Samurai Mutant Ninja Turtles story also set in the future.
I liked how we already saw it in late-"Integalactic Wrestling", Cudley by accident dropping the turtles of on Earth circa 100 years later, with greenhouse effect, pollution and flooaded coastal towns.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.