The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2017, 02:23 PM   #1
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
TMNT Trivia Book.

Howdy do all. A while back I scanned the old Random House TMNT Trivia book.

Here's the .CBR version of the book.

Sorry for the sloppily colored images.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 10:11 PM   #2
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Haha, thanks for this, Jester! It's been a book I've seen from time to time on ebay but never took the plunge upon. This is the first time I've seen its interior, and I'm very impressed with how they separated the questions by various incarnation and difficulty level. I'll confess that some of those questions are difficult because of their obscurity or because it feels like it would require a long description!

I wish there was more original artwork, but what was included was nice, especially that Rocksteady and Bebop. Did you color them yourself?
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:35 PM   #3
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Yeah....back when I was a kid.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 05:22 PM   #4
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Here's a few answers that I'm not convinced are entirely accurate:

Cartoon:
17. Is Irma April's specific secretary or did she have a larger role at Channel Six? I thought she was the general receptionist and later became a technical assistant.
26. Krang is technically from Dimension X rather than "outer space," thought the nature of Dimension X in the old show is somewhat debatable.
69. I was thinking that "Vinnie's Pizza" was the preferred place. I can't remember much about "Joe's Pizza" in the show.
78. Dask misspelled as "Dax."
89. "Jersey Red" misidentified as "Big Red."
90. Uh... I wouldn't say "The Great Boldini" was a friend of the Turtles.
96. Good publicity wasn't exactly the main reason the Rat King wanted some personal time alone with April...
98. Did the Rat King want Splinter to teach his rats some fighting skills?
105: Misspelled "O.M.N.S.S." (OMNIPOTENT MULT-PROCESS NEXUS SUBUNIVERSAL SENTIENT) as "OMNUS"
114: I think its supposed to be "Rhino Man" and "Mighty Hog," if they are looking for "Heroic" reputation.
115: Clayton Kellerman's TV show was actually called "On Trial," not just "Trial."
117: Wasn't Michelangelo turned into a Gerbil, not a Hamster?

Movie 1
9. Misspelled "Domino's Pizza" as "Dominoes."
11. One could argue that Raphael's "crush" on April was stronger than Mikey's.
25. I can't remember but did Yoshi and Tang Shen ever marry before Saki killed them?
35. I think the book got the "Bossanova/Chevy Nova" gag backwards.
47. Not a mistake but I'm surprised an old kid's book went ahead and spelled out the "Sex Pistols" reference.
56. Jose Canseco's name is misspelled... badly.
74. The Island was affectionally named "Lairdman," not "Landman."

Movie 2
27. Professor Jordan Perry's name misspelled.
39-40: Not mistakes so far as I know, but man those are obscure details!

Playmates Toys
22: I always thought those were electrical eels, not leeches!
25. Mutagen Ooze is pretty dangerous, but I don't know that I'd call it "lethal."
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 02-12-2017 at 01:15 PM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 09:24 PM   #5
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
Iis this the book with the lime green shell design cover? If so then I still have this book! I remember that it DID have a lot of really obscure stuff, but I don't recall if the second movie had been released when I bought it.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 05:24 AM   #6
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
No, it had a cover with splinter quizzing the Turtles alla Alex Trebek.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656

Last edited by Jester; 02-08-2017 at 05:29 AM.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 08:29 PM   #7
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
Ah. Different book then. But still cool. Mine was the "Unofficial TNMT Trivia" one. Found it at Wal-Mart back after the movie came out IIRC.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 04:40 PM   #8
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
One more potential correction on question #70 of the 1st movie section.

Casey Jones would emphatically deny that he suffers from claustrophobia. In his own words, "Do you want a fist in the mouth? I never even looked at another guy before."
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 02-18-2017 at 04:45 PM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
books (children), random house


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.