The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2017, 02:44 PM   #1
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
John & Marsha

According to the Internet Movie Database, there is actually a TV-series named John & Marsha, which is from the Philippines and aired between 1973–1990.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0439933/

Is the scene we see in "The Ninja Sword of Nowhere" actually from that series? Just a question.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 02:50 PM   #2
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
No, I don't believe so. They were just common names used in soap operas & other drama series'.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 03:00 PM   #3
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 03:16 PM   #4
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
No! No! I want John and Marsha!!
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 05:31 PM   #5
billbot85
Mad Scientist
 
billbot85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,007
I always loved that Krang was addicted to watching soaps. Not to mention that some of the dialogue in that "John and Marsha" show was so absurd and obviously poking fun at soap operas in general.
__________________
MY COMPLETE WISH LIST:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...03#post1120403

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:43 PM   #6
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan
 
DarkFell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: At the current moment, on your screen.
Posts: 2,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
No! No! I want John and Marsha!!
Thanks for the laugh dude.

As for those two scenes, I (to this day), cannot entirely understand the character's situation, but, as it was mentioned in this thread, the scriptwriters were probably poking fun at random soap operas.

Also, I didn't know that there was a song that was called John & Marsha. Thanks for the Youtube clip Jester.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 09:55 AM   #7
blindturtle02
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tx
Posts: 2,627
"It's so... True to life!"
__________________
Please don't remove my nice hat and wack me in the butt with it.
blindturtle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 03:22 PM   #8
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
Also, I didn't know that there was a song that was called John & Marsha. Thanks for the Youtube clip Jester.
I don't see it as much of a song, just two people talking accompanied by background music.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:09 PM   #9
pferreira
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbot85 View Post
I always loved that Krang was addicted to watching soaps. Not to mention that some of the dialogue in that "John and Marsha" show was so absurd and obviously poking fun at soap operas in general.
At least Krang found some entertainment from Earth.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.