The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2017, 07:10 PM   #1
BYWInsaniac
Thug
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA
Posts: 68
FREE SCREENING: TMNT Monster Arc!

Southern California fans, there's a free screening of the TMNT Monster Arc tomorrow in Santa Monica:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/teenage...ts-38818638593

Q&A with Ciro and the cast afterwards! Come on out, nothing like watching TMNT on the big screen!

-JJ
BYWInsaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:34 PM   #2
matteso586
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by BYWInsaniac View Post
Southern California fans, there's a free screening of the TMNT Monster Arc tomorrow in Santa Monica:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/teenage...ts-38818638593

Q&A with Ciro and the cast afterwards! Come on out, nothing like watching TMNT on the big screen!

-JJ
Why isn't this announced sooner?
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:11 PM   #3
BYWInsaniac
Thug
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteso586 View Post
Why isn't this announced sooner?
I wish I knew. I think it was officially announced Wednesday?

-JJ
BYWInsaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 02:31 AM   #4
Redworld96
Stone Warrior
 
Redworld96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Spain
Posts: 628
So ... how it was the screening + discussion?

Last edited by Redworld96; 10-15-2017 at 09:45 AM.
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:17 AM   #5
AnarkyLantern
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 153
It was a lot of fun. Ciro said it wasn’t a go until this last Monday. It was so close to the wire that it didn’t have end credits. Some things revealed during the Q and A: Splinter was going to die at the start of the show in Ciro’s initial pitch.

Concerning the finale, post apocalyptic arc:
Spoiler:
The Mutation bomb in the finale would have happened when the turtles were 21, ie no longer teenagers. Alejandro Jodorowsky was the influence for Mikey.


A movie was pitched with a sludge Krang but Nick passed.

Also, Greg Cipes was given a sculpture of Ice Cream kitty by one of the attendees.
AnarkyLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:48 AM   #6
newfan
Stone Warrior
 
newfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarkyLantern View Post
It was a lot of fun. Ciro said it wasn’t a go until this last Monday. It was so close to the wire that it didn’t have end credits. Some things revealed during the Q and A: Splinter was going to die at the start of the show in Ciro’s initial pitch.

Concerning the finale, post apocalyptic arc:
Spoiler:
The Mutation bomb in the finale would have happened when the turtles were 21, ie no longer teenagers. Alejandro Jodorowsky was the influence for Mikey.


A movie was pitched with a sludge Krang but Nick passed.

Also, Greg Cipes was given a sculpture of Ice Cream kitty by one of the attendees.
I'm glad they didn't kill Splinter at the start! He was such a good character and badass fighter.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:50 AM   #7
AnarkyLantern
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I'm glad they didn't kill Splinter at the start! He was such a good character and badass fighter.
Same. I don’t think it would have had the same gravitas so early.
AnarkyLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:57 AM   #8
newfan
Stone Warrior
 
newfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarkyLantern View Post
Same. I don’t think it would have had the same gravitas so early.
Not at all, this incarnation wouldn't have had chance to grow on the audience and we wouldn't have seen the turtles relationship with him either, much harder impact doing it later. Also, it would have also affected the Karai being his daughter story. Still a shame they killed him but it sounds like it was always on the cards.

As for them pitching a movie to Nick, I hope they try again with that at some point.

Last edited by newfan; 10-15-2017 at 10:24 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 11:13 AM   #9
Optimus Primer
Hench Mutant
 
Optimus Primer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Rupert's Pizzeria
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Not at all, this incarnation wouldn't have had chance to grow on the audience and we wouldn't have seen the turtles relationship with him either, much harder impact doing it later. Also, it would have also affected the Karai being his daughter story. Still a shame they killed him but it sounds like it was always on the cards.

As for them pitching a movie to Nick, I hope they try again with that at some point.
Ciro said he really wants to make the movie, and has more stories to tell between and before the apocalypse. Also, for the proposed movie, Ciro said the remains of the Kraang would form with the bacteria in the Hudson River to form Kraang Primordius., which would cause the 21-year-old turtles to come out of hiding again to fight it.
__________________
"It's us! Why do we look like... dorks?"
Optimus Primer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 11:34 AM   #10
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,383
Sounds like the bomb was the plan/fail safe for Kraang Primordius then.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 11:40 AM   #11
newfan
Stone Warrior
 
newfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Primer View Post
Ciro said he really wants to make the movie, and has more stories to tell between and before the apocalypse. Also, for the proposed movie, Ciro said the remains of the Kraang would form with the bacteria in the Hudson River to form Kraang Primordius., which would cause the 21-year-old turtles to come out of hiding again to fight it.
Nick are currently focused on the new toon but once that is up and running I don't see why they can't have a movie or 2 with the CGI's separate to that.

I wonder why he would want them not doing much in those last few years.

Last edited by newfan; 10-15-2017 at 11:49 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 12:16 PM   #12
Cyndaquilfan123
Thug
 
Cyndaquilfan123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Roseville CA
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarkyLantern View Post
It was a lot of fun. Ciro said it wasn’t a go until this last Monday. It was so close to the wire that it didn’t have end credits. Some things revealed during the Q and A: Splinter was going to die at the start of the show in Ciro’s initial pitch.

Concerning the finale, post apocalyptic arc:
Spoiler:
The Mutation bomb in the finale would have happened when the turtles were 21, ie no longer teenagers. Alejandro Jodorowsky was the influence for Mikey.


A movie was pitched with a sludge Krang but Nick passed.

Also, Greg Cipes was given a sculpture of Ice Cream kitty by one of the attendees.
“Would have.”

What is he implying there?
Cyndaquilfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 01:27 PM   #13
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndaquilfan123 View Post
“Would have.”

What is he implying there?
Nothing...
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 01:32 PM   #14
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 32,393
I wonder if that's also the story Fugitoid was going to play a role in. Hope we can get it years down the line.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 04:42 PM   #15
AnarkyLantern
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndaquilfan123 View Post
“Would have.”

What is he implying there?
Personal grammar choice concerning future events in a fictional timeline. Everything I posted was a paraphrase
AnarkyLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 05:29 PM   #16
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 10,834
Andre was at the screening.
https://twitter.com/BlackNerd/status/919370832215916544







__________________
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 07:50 PM   #17
matteso586
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 583
Wish that they confirm that Mutant Apocalypse was set in an alternate timeline. Otherwise that'll contradict Renet's existence, and the claims that the Turtles will become legendary heroes.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 08:16 PM   #18
Powder
Endless Screw
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 24,913
It wasn't. It's canon. It doesn't. This ain't the thread for it.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 08:18 PM   #19
LeotheLateBloomer
Mad Scientist
 
LeotheLateBloomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,595
Who even cares what he does anymore?
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 08:22 PM   #20
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 32,393
Hopefully Nick changes their minds and let's Ciro make a movie a few years later as part of a "reunion" since all the kids who watched this show will be grown up.

Really like the ideal of some primordial Kraang, likely involving Fugitoid and possible time travel. Would be perfect to wrap up the show with.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.