The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2017, 01:17 PM   #1
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist
 
go_ninja84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: st. clair MI
Posts: 1,847
ripped off by myteefinestuff (resolved)

I recently bought some parts to complete my sewer playset. Sent via friends/family as per rules to get the 60% discount. Wont reply to emails, wont ship, and now i have no buyer support. Stay away from this place, Tom obviously does not care anymore

Last edited by go_ninja84; 12-05-2017 at 03:21 PM.
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 02:09 PM   #2
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 13,149
I thought they shut down years ago....
__________________
Admin of Turtlepedia. If you have any questions or problems, let me know!

I make terrible video games. Please buy them.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 03:34 PM   #3
snake
Noided
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 11,669
Pretty sure he shut down and made a comment on this site about it.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 04:22 PM   #4
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,794
I placed an order at the beginning of the month and it went smooth like usual with quick shipping. So this is strange to read. Sorry itís happening to you dude. Are you super sure it was the correct PayPal email?
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 05:30 PM   #5
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist
 
go_ninja84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: st. clair MI
Posts: 1,847
If he did shut down then they should not have taken my money but they did
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 05:30 PM   #6
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist
 
go_ninja84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: st. clair MI
Posts: 1,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
I placed an order at the beginning of the month and it went smooth like usual with quick shipping. So this is strange to read. Sorry itís happening to you dude. Are you super sure it was the correct PayPal email?
Ya it was his gmail email
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 05:43 PM   #7
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
If he did shut down then they should not have taken my money but they did
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
Ya it was his gmail email
I donít think they are shut down because the website is up and I ordered successfully a few weeks ago.

Iím not sure if your open to advice? But perhaps have a friend email a generic question to him and see if they get a response. Then you know he is indeed reading the emails. Then the friend could send a second email asking about your shipping delay.

This is just weird to happen and makes me think itís a technical error of some kind. I know the website was down about a year ago because it switched servers or something like that.

What date did you order?
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 07:38 AM   #8
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,213
You have to place the order and then wait for him to invoice you for it. Is this what you did?

I've sent him an email on your behalf as he usually replies to me quickly due to the amount of business we have done. I am sure there is a reasonable explanation, as he is a very honest person and I have never had a problem buying from him.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 12:52 PM   #9
zflareside92
New Recruit
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4
Myteefinestuff Shipments

I see that there is a post about Myteefinestuff receiving a payment and not shipping the order. My store has been online since 2004 (1000's of orders shipped) and I have not missed an order yet, so this baffles me. I have searched my PayPal account and can not find any Payments received that I did not respond to. I have searched my store's order history and can not find an order that I should have shipped. If what you say is true, then believe me, I will make you whole again, but I need your help. Please let me know what your order number is. My email address is myteefinestuff@gmail.com. I have been having some dificulty with my hosting provider. They (Verio) sold out to Endurance International Group and the transition was a nightmare back in January. I would change to a better hosting service if I was not selling out my vast inventory @ 60% off. I just don't want to start all over again with a new provider. So, please respond to me. I am dying to fix this. Tom
zflareside92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 03:33 PM   #10
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist
 
go_ninja84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: st. clair MI
Posts: 1,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by zflareside92 View Post
I see that there is a post about Myteefinestuff receiving a payment and not shipping the order. My store has been online since 2004 (1000's of orders shipped) and I have not missed an order yet, so this baffles me. I have searched my PayPal account and can not find any Payments received that I did not respond to. I have searched my store's order history and can not find an order that I should have shipped. If what you say is true, then believe me, I will make you whole again, but I need your help. Please let me know what your order number is. My email address is myteefinestuff@gmail.com. I have been having some dificulty with my hosting provider. They (Verio) sold out to Endurance International Group and the transition was a nightmare back in January. I would change to a better hosting service if I was not selling out my vast inventory @ 60% off. I just don't want to start all over again with a new provider. So, please respond to me. I am dying to fix this. Tom
Got in touch with Tom, everything is straightened out. I sent e-check and didnt know it which takes longer to process. Its just a waiting game now till the check clears. Ill keep you all updated, hopefully its smooth sailing from here because your store was the only place i could find the raare parts i needed
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 08:47 AM   #11
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,213
Just as I thought.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 09:34 AM   #12
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 12,142
Maybe change your thread title now that everything is copacetic?
__________________
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 10:21 AM   #13
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant
 
Peter Palmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by zflareside92 View Post
I see that there is a post about Myteefinestuff receiving a payment and not shipping the order. My store has been online since 2004 (1000's of orders shipped) and I have not missed an order yet, so this baffles me. I have searched my PayPal account and can not find any Payments received that I did not respond to. I have searched my store's order history and can not find an order that I should have shipped. If what you say is true, then believe me, I will make you whole again, but I need your help. Please let me know what your order number is. My email address is myteefinestuff@gmail.com. I have been having some dificulty with my hosting provider. They (Verio) sold out to Endurance International Group and the transition was a nightmare back in January. I would change to a better hosting service if I was not selling out my vast inventory @ 60% off. I just don't want to start all over again with a new provider. So, please respond to me. I am dying to fix this. Tom
Just as a heads up, it is against the Paypal User Agreement to solicit/receive friends and family payments for business transactions.

Here's a statement from a Paypal forum admin:

Lastly, it is against the PayPal User Agreement to accept personal payments for the sale of goods and services. The ability to receive personal payments could be disabled if the feature is abused. That's not something we want to have happen with any customer as they would then completely lose the option. Even for friends and family.

I personally recommend NEVER using friends & family payments for business transactions. Sob stories about getting ripped off keep happening, but my sympathy for them ran out years ago.
__________________
Peter Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 10:26 AM   #14
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant
 
Peter Palmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Maybe change your thread title now that everything is copacetic?
I've got to throw a +1 on this one.

An individual going on a searchable public forum and stating a business ripped them off when the problem turns out to be the individual didn't understand the features of the payment system they chose to use is pretty unfair to the business.
__________________
Peter Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 10:32 AM   #15
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Palmer View Post
I've got to throw a +1 on this one.

An individual going on a searchable public forum and stating a business ripped them off when the problem turns out to be the individual didn't understand the features of the payment system they chose to use is pretty unfair to the business.
I can't believe we actually agree on something.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:05 PM   #16
Coro
Mad Scientist
 
Coro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Posts: 1,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Palmer View Post
Just as a heads up, it is against the Paypal User Agreement to solicit/receive friends and family payments for business transactions.

Here's a statement from a Paypal forum admin:

Lastly, it is against the PayPal User Agreement to accept personal payments for the sale of goods and services. The ability to receive personal payments could be disabled if the feature is abused. That's not something we want to have happen with any customer as they would then completely lose the option. Even for friends and family.

I personally recommend NEVER using friends & family payments for business transactions. Sob stories about getting ripped off keep happening, but my sympathy for them ran out years ago.
You always show up to say this same stuff, but its clearly on the site when you make the payment. Everyone knows what they are getting into when making payments like this. Let people be if you are truly tired or out of sympathy.
__________________
SuperChadMonkey
Space Monkey Toys
http://www.spacemonkeytoys.com/
Now shipping to CANADA!
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 02:58 PM   #17
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant
 
Peter Palmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
You always show up to say this same stuff, but its clearly on the site when you make the payment. Everyone knows what they are getting into when making payments like this. Let people be if you are truly tired or out of sympathy.
What stuff? The rules? Which site? Paypal? A few things:

1) You know what else is on the Paypal website? The user agreement...the terms that every user agrees to BEFORE using the service. You don't like the rules, don't use the service. And certainly don't whine when abuse of said service puts you in a pickle.

2) In my experience, people don't always know that using the friends and family option in this manner is against the terms of service. Many don't even know why a seller will ask them to send payment in this fashion. Often times the 2 ways a Paypal newbie will figure this out is a) getting burned by a scam artist or b) reading threads like these...hence why I call out this practice when I can.

3) Being out of sympathy changes the tone of the message, but not the message itself. Being out of sympathy simply means my posts on this subject are less
"You poor, innocent darling, let's talk this out"
and more
"You messed up, here's how you don't mess up in the future".

I won't just "let it be" as threads like these may help people in the future. Maybe someone will read about this and then opt to use paypal correctly, thus avoiding a scam that would have otherwise taken them by surprise.

After all, "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.Ē
__________________
Peter Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 03:37 PM   #18
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 13,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Palmer View Post
After all, "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.Ē
Wow that is a bit extreme to assign people who use the "wrong" form of PayPal payment, don't you think?
__________________
Admin of Turtlepedia. If you have any questions or problems, let me know!

I make terrible video games. Please buy them.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 03:39 PM   #19
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 12,142
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeviiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllll.
__________________
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:48 AM   #20
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant
 
Peter Palmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Wow that is a bit extreme to assign people who use the "wrong" form of PayPal payment, don't you think?
It's a famous quote by Edmund Burke. As with many quotes and idioms, don't let the literal words derail the intended message. I'd encourage you not to make a mountain out of a molehill. And yes, I realize that we have not yet talked about mountains nor molehills in this conversation thus far. Again, extract the message, don't over-analyze the literal words.
__________________
Peter Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.