![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
I'm leaving. Goodbye. :)
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: No comment -_- ...
Posts: 2,754
|
[Rise of the TMNT] Who has your favorite (or least favorite) character design?
As I've examined all of the artwork that have been unveiled so far, I've noticed that I can't really decide which character has, in my opinion, the best overall character design, as they all have certain aspects that look visually unappealing, at least to me.
However, out of all the characters, the character with my least favorite design is ... Spoiler:
Sorry. I just don't like his design. In your opinion, who has your favorite (or least favorite) character design? Discuss your thoughts and opinions below. Last edited by Papenbrook; 03-20-2018 at 01:40 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
|
In order
Favourite design is Mikey, he just looks a mix of 2k3 Mikey and Nick Mikey. Then it's April Leo Raph Donnie Least favourite design is Splinter.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.
Last edited by Vicky82; 03-19-2018 at 02:43 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Annalist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
|
Donatello.
Stop with the "weak nerd turtle with glasses" crap.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 | |
|
This ***** used to be Fun
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Aotearoa New Zealand
Posts: 5,370
|
My most to least favourites are:
Raph Mikey/Donnie (tied) Splinter April Leonardo I don't think Leos design is bad by any means, but I agree that he is a bit too lanky/angular looking and the combination of his red marks and creepy expression doesn't help things. Rise Raph I absolutely love. His design and voice keep on reminding me of Maui from Moana for some strange reason
__________________
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: :noitacoL
Posts: 1,043
|
Mikey looks pretty good from certain angles, but Raph probably has my favorite overall design.
Whoever decided that design for Donnie needs to be slapped at least twice. All the tech bull all over his back didn't look good at all in Bayturtles, why would it look good now? And the swollen head... just, what a disaster.
__________________
"Shredder, you gotta listen to reason!" - Leonardo "Oh Turtles! Oh Turtles! Chew your gum properly." "If I miss this week's Kirby, heads are gonna roll." - Raphael "The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder "Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 2,393
|
Mikey is my most liked design.
Splinter is the least, the angry expression he was pulling on that image didn't help him, will have to see a calmer face. As for comments I've seen on Donnie's head shape, I do look at it and think it's missing a bolt, sorry, I'm not trying to troll, but that comes to mind when I look at the shape. Last edited by newfan; 03-20-2018 at 12:22 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,789
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 900
|
Leo
Mikey Raph Donnie. I like them all, except for Donnie. Why is his head shaped like a box? And he has too much tech, goggles are fine but why make his entire shell electronic? And Raphael would be higher on this list if it wasn't for his enormous size. He's bigger than all his brothers combined. Last edited by Xiewin; 03-19-2018 at 04:19 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Team Blue Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,290
|
Worst... Splinter is a given. (Christ what the heck happened there. Is this the Yoshi who was mutated with a mix of rat and candle wax? He mutated then immediately half melted?)
No best... others are just some improvement over Splinter to some degree or another. |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
Not sure whose look I like best. There are new qualities about each that appeal to me. Maybe I lean ever so slightly in Raph's favor? I can't say for sure.
Donnie is definitely the worst, for me. Long dome, eyebrows, tech-junk, bleh. I really like the others, though! If you mean overall rather than just between the 4 turtles, April either ties with or surpasses Donnie. Mostly for her hair/glasses, which I wish they'd have picked different styles for, & the fact she's bat-wielding now (that counts as part of the design in my book). |
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,028
|
I'm fine with how April, Meat Sweats, Leo and Mikey look. Donnie, Raph, Splinter and Draxum look a little too weird.
I actually have somewhat mixed feelings on Splinter to be honest. I like that he's back to being short and grey. However, I don't like the flat face and I don't get why he's fat, did they want to combine him with the ancient one? It does kinda look like a mash-up of the two. ![]() ![]() ![]() And I'm not really a fan of the top knot returning from the PD movies. Same issue I have with Raph and Don, I don't want to be reminded of OotS. |
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
Team Blue Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,290
|
The difference between those two versions...
It's like Splinter 25 years later, having given up on the training and become out of shape, and is presently suffering from a case of rabies they naturally lack any ability to cure. (So the Turtles keep him locked out once it progresses and fear for the lives. Until he croaks from it. edit: Actually that would make a fun TMNT horror story. lol Cujo meets The Shining, plus martial arts. ) Last edited by IndigoErth; 03-19-2018 at 06:33 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 3,508
|
Least would be Don for the same reason of the head which I mentioned when they were first revealed.
I don’t hate it overall. It’s just the head looks too much like Frankenstein’s monster. If they brought it a tad down it would make a huge difference. I like all of them. The Don thing is just one minor flaw. Which probably wasn’t intentional. Just made it a bit too tall/square.
__________________
Nothing can survive the will to stay alive, cause if you try, you can do anything. |
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Posts: 106
|
For me the worst esigns are Leo, Donnie and Splinter.
Leo for his red marks, Splinter for his nonathletic look and Donnie for his swollen skull. (Ironically, I enjoy Donnie carrying his tech/goggles with him.)
__________________
"We're ninjas." Leo, the Samurai "We're mutants!" Raph, the Outsider "Technically, we're turtles." Donnie, the Nerd "And we're teenagers." Mikey, the Teenager |
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,028
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
|
Splinter is the worst (yet).
|
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 646
|
Donatello is the least appealing to me. Don't care for his weird looking head. I love Leo's design though, he looks smarmy and sarcastic, and with Ben Schwartz voicing him, I'm sure he will be. I also love his red eye marks, all the turtles seem to have natural marks on them which I like.
__________________
Hey Man! It's The J-Man! ![]() "I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!" |
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
|
I'm leaving. Goodbye. :)
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: No comment -_- ...
Posts: 2,754
|
I don't know. Donatello's head appears to resemble a rectangle, not a square ...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#19 |
|
Devil's Advocate
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
|
I like Donatello's outfit, but there is something very wrong with his face.
Mikey's design is the least offensive? And April is fine. |
|
|
|
|
|
#20 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 57
|
I really have no problem with Donatello tbh, besides his huge eyebrows he has for some reason. My favorite is Leo and my least favorite is Splinter, but I'm sure even his design will grow on me after we see him in action.
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|