![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 15
|
Am I allowed to like the TMNT franchise the way I want to?
These are my Favorites within the TMNT franchise...
Favorite Turtle: Donatello Favorite TV Show: The 1987 Series Favorite Movie: TMNT II - The Secret Of The Ooze Favorite Game: TMNT III - The Manhattan Project Favorite Comic: TMNT Adventures I'm very happy with this setup, and I just want you people to be OK with this. If you're not, and if you come in here trashing me or try forcing me to change one or all of my favorites to your liking, then I quit. I hate opinion nazis. I'll respect your favorites and opinions as long as you respect mine... Last edited by LGN-76; 04-17-2020 at 07:54 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 | |
|
This ***** used to be Fun
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Aotearoa New Zealand
Posts: 5,369
|
You have every right to your preferences in tmnt.
That being said though, discussions here would be more interesting if you told us why you love what you love in regards to each version. The best form of discussion here is an impersonal exchange of ideas about how we view everything tmnt related.
__________________
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 | |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 15
|
Quote:
-Donatello is my favorite turtle because I like purple and green, I'm a technology guru, and I like sticks. -The 87 series is my favorite because I absolutely loved it as a kid, and I really wanted to get back into it during my teenage years despite the 2003 series being the main thing. -TSOTO is my favorite movie because the turtles fight foot soldiers, Shredder, other mutants, and Super Shredder all in one movie! Plus Donatello really shines in it. (This part is important to me because I'm a gamer above all else) -The Manhattan Project is my Favorite Game because I love beat-em-ups, I can beat it on a regular basis, and I can play it everywhere I go. Same with TMNT II, IV, and Tournament Fighters. I also love TMNT I, even though it's not a beat-em-up and I've never beaten it. -I've only read little of TMNT Adventures, but want to delve into it more and make it my favorite comic as it looks very interesting and also resonates with the 87 series more than the other comics... I pretty much love everything about TMNT. I can't even think off the top of my head of any TMNT material that I don't appreciate. Last edited by LGN-76; 04-17-2020 at 07:55 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: In the USA
Posts: 637
|
Ooh indeed. TMNT Adventures was a great comic.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Detoxed Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,180
|
That's a very safe list of things to like in fact I'd say it's as mainstream as you can get.
Try something like this: Favorite Turtle: Venus Favorite TV Show: Rise of the TMNT Favorite Movie: TMNT 2014 Favorite Game: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled Favorite Comic: TMNT 2012 Amazing Adventures |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,035
|
To answer the question in the title, yes you are. Your personal favourite turtle could be Zach, your favourite TV show could be Next Mutation, your favourite movie could be III, your favourite game could be Next Mutation by Tiger Electronics and your favourite comic could be some low effort crap that came a box of cereal. There's nothing to prevent you from liking these things or expressing the opinon that you like these things.
However, it does not mean someone isn't going to argue with you. Nor does it mean there are not legitimate arguments against what you like. And if you can't argue in favour of what you like without resorting to "that's just your opinion and I have mine", or throwing out obviously flawed arguments, then there isn't much point in defending the quality of what you like, is there? If we can't argue about the quality of TMNT products, why even have a TMNT forum? |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 | |
|
Team Blue Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
|
No you're not. You're only allowed to like TMNT they way I like it and only approve of one your choices. I'm going to need you to go away rethink your choices and get back to me. I'm going to need everyone to do that.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Team Blue Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
|
Do you have a form we can fill out? That might make the process easier.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: In the USA
Posts: 637
|
I think there is something for everyone here. We don't have to be afraid to express our love for the tmnt. Even if its something unpopular.
People complaining and disagreeing just comes with the territory. |
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 208
|
Well wait, I don't agree with any of them...so now you have to go rethink your choices and get back to me. Then the OP will have to start over.
__________________
Welcome to the toy and collectible discussion! Do yourself a favor: Bookmark this page ---> Click Here Also, a lot of people have obnoxiously large signatures and you'll get use to it. |
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,842
|
I feel like this thread title was written by that socially awkward kid in grammar school who would point at things with his middle finger instead of the first one and everyone was actually better off just not engaging with.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
|
Team Blue Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
|
Hey, middle finger pointing is like the caps lock version of pointing.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,203
|
How dare you have individual thoughts and opinions. You could even be considered a human being!
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 15
|
Something else I want to point out: I've seen some people on here bash the TMNT video games for being mostly nothing but generic beat-em-ups, but it's because they're mostly generic beat-em-ups that it's so easy for me to keep TMNT my Favorite Game Series!
Last edited by LGN-76; 04-14-2020 at 01:56 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: In the USA
Posts: 637
|
One day I'll get the TMNT tactical shooter rpg I've always wanted.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18 | |||
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,514
|
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
|
|||
|
|
|
|
|
#19 | |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 15
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#20 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,170
|
Stop taking the Internet so damn seriously.
__________________
Letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/Dead2009/
Backloggd: https://backloggd.com/u/Dead2009/ Dropkickd: https://www.dropkickd.com/user/Dead2009 |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|