The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you seen this Special Before?
yes 2 25.00%
no 6 75.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2003, 08:29 AM   #1
Bowser_Koopa
Very yes
 
Bowser_Koopa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Not so far, go back a little
Posts: 1,849
I thouhgt there was no Christmas Special???

quick simple question, what's this???, and why does the guy say its sooooo bad???

http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0708/
Bowser_Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 08:34 AM   #2
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
Hey, I got that movie and I l iked it. But ya it is kind crappy you know the mouth movements and the way they look and there banndana. It does suck in a way now. I like it when I was little, but you can tell they arn't really talking.
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 08:42 AM   #3
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
I would have to say, I never trust reviews, but I would have to (without seeing it) totally agree on what he says. But if you read x-Entertainment enough, you tend to know the guy's weird critiquing style.

I would have to say this looks bad, and I wouldn't doubt if it's worse than it looks. I mean, the costumes are hideous... and the Splinter... ugh! The fixed smiles on the characters is just dieturbing, and it seems like this was made by someone who's seen one episode and tried to wing it.

But he is right... it DOES need more Krang!
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 08:45 AM   #4
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
At it does look like Splinter has mange. Its a funny movie thogh
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 08:52 AM   #5
Bowser_Koopa
Very yes
 
Bowser_Koopa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Not so far, go back a little
Posts: 1,849
wow, i scrolled down, there happens to be more than info than i thought
Bowser_Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 09:55 AM   #6
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
Yeah... the article is really hillarious, actually...

It seems the writer slips in and out of "Oh my GOd! This is Hell" and "This is actually laughable" from time to time, so I don't know what that's an indication of!
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 10:08 AM   #7
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul
 
Cascadia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
I have never seen it but heard about it.
__________________

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 10:30 AM   #8
Taloniss
Mad Scientist
 
Taloniss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,819
After reading that, I don't even want to see it.
Taloniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 10:47 AM   #9
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
Noooooo! Not... not... that!


Okay, this is bad if I KNOW what Bowser is talking about, without having to click on the link.

This video was made for the musical version of the Turtles (aka the Coming Out of Their Shells tour). It has them sing some really frunky filk songs to sound like Christmas songs. And it's bad. Very baaad.

I can't believe I LET my freind show me this!
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 11:08 AM   #10
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseTechie
Noooooo! Not... not... that!


Okay, this is bad if I KNOW what Bowser is talking about, without having to click on the link.

This video was made for the musical version of the Turtles (aka the Coming Out of Their Shells tour). It has them sing some really frunky filk songs to sound like Christmas songs. And it's bad. Very baaad.

I can't believe I LET my freind show me this!
Well if you think about it, it was ment for little kids. And by then I liked the movie. Quite good.
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 12:15 PM   #11
Eye of Sarnath
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: NY
Posts: 1,590
Another reason why I love X-Entertainment. Hilarious.
__________________
"When I was real small I heard about this thing called the decline of civilization... and I decided that it was something I would like to become involved in."
-George Carlin
Eye of Sarnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.