The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2003, 04:02 AM   #1
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
The technodrome.

Just where did the idea come from? I don't think it was in the original comics?
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 05:17 AM   #2
Taloniss
Mad Scientist
 
Taloniss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,819
No, it wasn't in the original comics. I imagine it came from the brains of the writers of the show.
Taloniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 05:52 AM   #3
raphael_is_cool
Mad Scientist
 
raphael_is_cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 2,151
Maybe it was a rip-off of the Death Star
raphael_is_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 06:53 AM   #4
Taloniss
Mad Scientist
 
Taloniss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael_is_cool
Maybe it was a rip-off of the Death Star
Taloniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 08:37 AM   #5
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
Indeed, the Technodrome was created for the original show, but it was neat, wasn't it? I mean, would any of you really pass up the chance to have it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael_is_cool
Maybe it was a rip-off of the Death Star
Be nice. I'd like you people to quit mocking Jarrah.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 09:32 AM   #6
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taloniss
No, it wasn't in the original comics. I imagine it came from the brains of the writers of the show.
Not to mention it came from the Brain of an evil warloard of dimention X...

ha ha ha heh hih huh uhhh.... fo' get it...

I have to say, it seems like the quintessential super villain hideout, Much like Skelitor's castle, Darth Vader's Death star, and Michael Eisner's office at Disney...

Anyway, I always wanted the Technodrome Playset, and several years ago, I saw it cheap at TRu... and I was stupid not to buy it. Stupid stupid!!!!
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 10:08 AM   #7
raphael90
Stone Warrior
 
raphael90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: ...down in the sewer listening to Skinny Puppy...
Posts: 618
technodrome

Technodrome is probably the coolest enemy fortress next to the Death Star...what a cool place. The way it (Technodrome) was portrayed, I'll bet you could wander around it for hours and not see everything. Also, I know of no other fortress that can burrow around under the ground...sweet!
__________________

"Babies? These things haven't even been BORN yet!"


-Raphael
raphael90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 11:42 AM   #8
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,393
The Technodrome is a god, the gratest cartoon battle fourtress next to Snake Mountain, Castle Greyskull, and the Fright Zone
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 12:26 PM   #9
Demonfox38
Stone Warrior
 
Demonfox38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 531
Re: technodrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael90
The way it (Technodrome) was portrayed, I'll bet you could wander around it for hours and not see everything.
Just like Epcot!
Demonfox38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 12:51 PM   #10
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Re: technodrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonfox38
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael90
The way it (Technodrome) was portrayed, I'll bet you could wander around it for hours and not see everything.
Just like Epcot!
omg!! Epcot Center IS THE TECHNODROME!!!!
DUM DUM DUM!!!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 02:32 PM   #11
Deathknight
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: One of the 972 rooms of the technodrome
Posts: 1,995
The technodrome was very much life the Death Star in the fact that it was a huge battle machine of unimaginable size and power. It had 987 rooms according to Bebop in The Missing Map so you could wander around for days and not have seen all of it.
__________________
Shredder: "Ninja hall of fame? Ha! Where's MY statue?!"
-My Brother, the Bad Guy
Deathknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 06:46 AM   #12
GK Punk
I'm your Devil
 
GK Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 12,439
Re: The technodrome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah White
Just where did the idea come from? I don't think it was in the original comics?
There's theories that it was based off of the Deathstar. I think it was made because all 80's cartoon villans had a recognizable home base. (That and they wanted to make a toy out of it)
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 03:52 PM   #13
Krangfan
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: In a house
Posts: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taloniss
I imagine it came from the brains of the writers of the show.
bless their hearts. They're also the guys who came up w/ Bebop, Rocksteay, Krang, and all that other good stuff from the original show right?
__________________
"Home is where you hang your hat"
-Krang's favorite phrase

Krang owns!
Krangfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 06:51 AM   #14
Misfit
Stone Warrior
 
Misfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 508
Re: technodrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael90
Technodrome is probably the coolest enemy fortress next to the Death Star...what a cool place. The way it (Technodrome) was portrayed, I'll bet you could wander around it for hours and not see everything. Also, I know of no other fortress that can burrow around under the ground...sweet!
Yeah I've always thought the same. I loved the layout of the Technodrome...totally cool. When I was a kid I wanted to live there. Still do lol.
Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 07:01 PM   #15
johnnie1
Random Punk
 
johnnie1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: The Technodrome
Posts: 28
I think they should build a lifesize model of the technodrome, bet that would be costly.
johnnie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 07:29 PM   #16
Nosferatu
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 283
I'm going to go with some of the already mentioned possible theories and say it was most likely a "Death Star inspired" base. I mean, the Technodrome looks like the Death Star with a few extra accessories added on.

The Technodrome was awesome. The only thing I really didn't like was that eye thing at the top.
Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 08:16 PM   #17
johnnie1
Random Punk
 
johnnie1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: The Technodrome
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraul
The Technodrome was awesome. The only thing I really didn't like was that eye thing at the top.
I thought that was the best part
johnnie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 09:05 PM   #18
MW8979
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 431
Maybe the military should construct a real life technodrome...would be nice. I don't know how practical that would be in a real battle, but it sure would be nice to look at (from afar anyway).
MW8979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 07:28 AM   #19
Nosferatu
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperShredder84
Maybe the military should construct a real life technodrome...would be nice. I don't know how practical that would be in a real battle, but it sure would be nice to look at (from afar anyway).
It could be the HQ for the United Nations.
Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 12:06 PM   #20
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
People would bprobly think that it is a alian spaceship. Don't ya think.
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.