The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2003, 02:21 PM   #1
Jason
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 184
New Official UK movie Site with trailer/screen times

As you may have seen ads are popping up all over TV for the Ninja Turtles movie, anyway at the end of ad they briefly show the Official UK Movie site ninjaturtles2004.com. It's got various promotional info for the original movie, wallpapers, screensavers, competitions etc.
The most useful bits are that you can view a slightly extended version of the ad which is airing on UK TV at the moment as well as info on which cinemas are showing it and stuff.

http://www.ninjaturtles2004.com

If you're on 56k it takes ages to load.
If you're just after the cinema times and stuff and don't want to wait for the page to load they have been added at the bottom of BBC's review page.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 02:41 PM   #2
Raph
Mad Scientist
 
Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The Netherlands, Rotterdam
Posts: 1,888
SO COol

I sure hope hat when this version is released on DVD, it will be a 2 disc special edition, with loads of extra's

Like the site!!! It feels so nostalgica
__________________
Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 06:13 PM   #3
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
*lol* Cool! Too bad I'm in America. *sai*
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 06:40 PM   #4
lunycrys
Thug
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: kansas
Posts: 50
well, the website is killer except that the fact that they have Donatello info mixed with Leonardo info....this is even more disturbing ever since the rap song "Turtle Power" had the rappers singing Raph has the leader of the group and not Leo! can we say...DUH!
__________________

having the internet does not make you god, it only makes you king of your own little virtual kingdom...HUZZAH!
lunycrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 07:47 PM   #5
Michaelangelo|DAH
Mad Scientist
 
Michaelangelo|DAH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Land Up North ''Denmark''
Posts: 1,299
WHOA very cool
__________________
.....''TMNT, Whatcha get is whatcha see''.-Michaelangelo
Michaelangelo|DAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 08:42 PM   #6
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunycrys
this is even more disturbing ever since the rap song "Turtle Power" had the rappers singing Raph has the leader of the group and not Leo!
FOR...THE...LAST...FRIGGIN'...TIME...

"Splinter's the teacher and they are the students
(Leonardo, Michelangelo, and Donatello...
make up the team with one other fella, Raphael!)
He's [SPLINTER, that is] the leader of the group
Transformed from the norm by the nuclear goop..."

Methinks something needs to be added to the TMNT FAQ, no?

If anyone considers this an "attack"...well, I don't know what to tell you, because it wasn't meant as one.
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 08:55 PM   #7
J Legault
Mad Scientist
 
J Legault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: West Coast
Posts: 2,054
Very nice website based of of the 1990 top box office movies.

Too bad I don't live in "jolly good" England.

Well i know there are some TMNT fans in Europe. I wounder if they will release a special edition DVD. even if they do they might have it in UK Region only.

since there's some DVDs that I like to get only you're unable to buy UK only products.

oh well, Atleast the English TMNT fans would like this.
__________________
I am a fan of TMNT and I'm still one today.
I got into the habbit back in 1992 or 93' when I was little. I would like to thank my 2 year older cousin for getting me in the habbit. 2001 was when I revised my knowledge on TMNT. And today I'm a bigger fan than I was years ago. I have all 3 TMNT Movies, current Toon, and old school Toon on DVD.
J Legault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 11:15 PM   #8
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist
 
Ninja Tiptup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,451
Awesome site and I love the wallpaper! Mike's catch phrase should be Cowabunga! I nearly pissed my pants when I saw that D**n was Raph's catch phrase. I guess he does say it a lot.

I REALLY hope the at least release the movie again on DVD here (if its had any improvements, enhancements, or deleted scenes added) or dare I say a theatrical release! I'd love to see it on the big screen again. I was only a wee lad when I first saw it and I'd appreciate it now so much more (even after seeing it perhaps too many times... Nah not possible!).

Also... what's that music in the BG of the website and the trailer? I don't remember it from the movie. Maybe its being added or something...
__________________
It's weird to be normal, and it's normal to be weird.
Ninja Tiptup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 01:21 AM   #9
Misfit
Stone Warrior
 
Misfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 508
Damn the nearest place to me is Shepards Bush and that's like, two hours away by train/bus. Maybe I won't be going after all.

Okay I'm saved! It's being shown in Feltham too which would apparently be much nearer and easier for me to get to. So I'm seeing TMNT on the big screen again after all! Yay!
Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 03:21 AM   #10
Dinny
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 774
Sheperds Bush is like a 15 minute walk for me.
Dinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 06:07 AM   #11
michiko
Random Punk
 
michiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 35
You're a star, Jason. I've been trawling cinema webistes looking for the nearest one showing it, but without much success. Looks like I'll have to go into London, which isn't too bad from Reading I suppose.
michiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 08:34 AM   #12
lunycrys
Thug
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: kansas
Posts: 50
i don't get it! why can't we have a spankin new movie over here!!! all i can say is ROAD TRIP!!!
__________________

having the internet does not make you god, it only makes you king of your own little virtual kingdom...HUZZAH!
lunycrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 06:39 PM   #13
tOkKa
tOkKie-Pokie,puddin'n PIE
 
tOkKa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pajamas out of the water on the elephant was sweating a lemon.
Posts: 1,729
-->> ..i'm just glad UK gets to see the real deal.. i think i just shat myself..
__________________
666

!!terrible2z/GGM!!/T.G.R.I./ ..モンスターのカメを解読しなさい。
tOkKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 12:05 PM   #14
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
man I really wish that they would have puts extras inare DVDs here.
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 04:15 PM   #15
Savanti Romero
Stone Warrior
 
Savanti Romero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 600
I love the music on that site!
__________________
"The sceptor has returned at last; and it's all mine!"
-Savanti Romero, Vol. 1 issue 47 1992
AKA: [email protected]
utromheadquarters.0catch.com
Savanti Romero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 07:51 AM   #16
michiko
Random Punk
 
michiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 35
I went to see it in Shepherds Bush on Sunday at 3pm... there were just 4 of us in the entire cinema! Me, a guy of about 20, and a little boy with his mum. He kept whispering "That's Leonardo! That one's Raphael!" whenever a turtle appeared... cute
michiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 04:52 PM   #17
spikealike
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 186
I saw it at the Cineworld in Milton Keynes yesterday morning, dragged me little brother along too - turns out he's never seen it before despite being born in 1988 and having a fair few figures, lol.

I've always loved the original movie, and to see it on the big screen (again, I went first time round, lol) was truly great, especially with the cut scenes edited back in. The stand off between Mikey and the foot soldier in April's shop was great, shame it got cut first time round. Definitly worth going to see anyhow, just awaiting a dvd release now (is this why we haven't had a region 2 dvd yet?)
spikealike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.