The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2003, 06:54 PM   #1
Lone Wolf
Foot Soldier
 
Lone Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 160
My mom showed The Shredder Strikes back VHS in class...

Yesterday, because it was close to Winter Break, my mom (a middle school teacher) promised to show the kids a video if they were quiet and got all their work done. (The public school system, what can I say?)

The class was like 75% girls; when she pulled out the tape, a lot of the kids recognized the turtles and were like "No way Miss, that stuff is for kids!"

When she popped in the tape, she said the kids were never so quiet in the whole time she had been teaching there (going on 3 years now). They laughed at all the jokes and really got into it. When the first episode ended the kids were like " Miss now we're never gonna see part 2!" She said they were very upset, but she just told them it was coming up. The kids were making comments like "damn!" every time something heavy happened.

Today when they walked into class they asked if they could watch Turtles again. She said they were all commenting how the Turtles all sounded so different and seemed so much more "mature" (most of the girls said that). She said she would ask if her son (me) would lend her more tapes.

She showed Pirates of the Caribbean today and said the kids were bored out of their mind. Go figure.
__________________
"You may destroy me... but I will not live in fear!"
Lone Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 06:57 PM   #2
Demonfox38
Stone Warrior
 
Demonfox38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 531
Dude, your mother is awesome.

Our middle school teachers forced us to watch Rudy. D'oh! I hate sports movies.
Demonfox38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 07:34 PM   #3
Taloniss
Mad Scientist
 
Taloniss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,819
Are you gonna lend her your tapes? We need to get more people buying the products!
Taloniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 07:51 PM   #4
Michaelangelo|DAH
Mad Scientist
 
Michaelangelo|DAH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Land Up North ''Denmark''
Posts: 1,299
Very Cool,

This looks good for the near future.

We have only seen alladin
__________________
.....''TMNT, Whatcha get is whatcha see''.-Michaelangelo
Michaelangelo|DAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 08:15 PM   #5
Lone Wolf
Foot Soldier
 
Lone Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taloniss
Are you gonna lend her your tapes?
Of course.
__________________
"You may destroy me... but I will not live in fear!"
Lone Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 08:25 PM   #6
Deathknight
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: One of the 972 rooms of the technodrome
Posts: 1,995
Man I wish my mom was that cool. Although Shredder Strikes back wasn't all that great IMO.
__________________
Shredder: "Ninja hall of fame? Ha! Where's MY statue?!"
-My Brother, the Bad Guy
Deathknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 08:38 PM   #7
PanMan
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathknight
Man I wish my mom was that cool. Although Shredder Strikes back wasn't all that great IMO.
actually i thought it was the best TMNT eps yet
__________________
My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man!

[February 19, 2005] I believe that The Shredder will appear in the New Cartoon past Season 3
PanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 09:11 PM   #8
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
Hey kudos to yer ma, maybe she made some new fans hahaha
we did get cool stuff to watch in school like that! well we didnt have the new tmnt either, we had old.
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 10:00 PM   #9
raphael90
Stone Warrior
 
raphael90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: ...down in the sewer listening to Skinny Puppy...
Posts: 618
re

Quote:
She showed Pirates of the Caribbean today and said the kids were bored out of their mind. Go figure.
How ironic...what a fun movie.

But anyhow, score one for the Turtles!
__________________

"Babies? These things haven't even been BORN yet!"


-Raphael
raphael90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 10:07 PM   #10
Mars-Chan
I'LL BE THE HERO!!!!
 
Mars-Chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Practicing Alchemy in Risembool
Posts: 6,297
I believe I speak for everyone when I say:
"The turtles are making a comeback! TURTLES ROCK!!!"
__________________

*clings to award* THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!! *cries in joy*

RED DAAAAAAAAAAAAWWN!!!!
PROUD Member of the Risembool Rangers!
(icon made by bakergirl69 on glitter-graphics)
Mars-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 10:42 PM   #11
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
Yeah. That was really cool of your mom.

Another little thing to add: I saw my brother's high school newspaper, and they had a poll for the hot toys they wanted for Christmas this year. TMNT was up there on the wish list. I just thought that was cool.
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 11:06 PM   #12
Michaelangelo|DAH
Mad Scientist
 
Michaelangelo|DAH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Land Up North ''Denmark''
Posts: 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathknight
Man I wish my mom was that cool. Although Shredder Strikes back wasn't all that great IMO.
actually i thought it was the best TMNT eps yet
Yeah me too. Shredder strikes back both parts were really good, that is what i think. With Mikey's big burb and stuff, And Leo on the rooftops ohh dear god that was awesome
__________________
.....''TMNT, Whatcha get is whatcha see''.-Michaelangelo
Michaelangelo|DAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 07:11 AM   #13
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
wow youre mom is really cool. Wish my stupid teachers could do that. But hey I am in high school.
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 07:46 AM   #14
Kiss_My_Shell
Thug
 
Kiss_My_Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Raphael's room
Posts: 76
class videos

Well my science teacher could do that,but monday and tuesday we have to watch educational stuff
__________________
"You got lotta explanin to do!"-Raph


"Kiss my Shell!"-Venus
Kiss_My_Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 08:20 AM   #15
Bowser_Koopa
Very yes
 
Bowser_Koopa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Not so far, go back a little
Posts: 1,849
when i was a kid only in kinder garden i saw movies at school, the only one i got to see was a mickey short one , the most recent to movies was something we saw in college in november, how 2 prehistoric creatures were "making babies", all the males of the classes cracked up, and all the females got like ....while the teacher said "hey!, thats something natural" XD XD XD
btw was it the new tmnt or the old one?
Bowser_Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 08:51 AM   #16
Lone Wolf
Foot Soldier
 
Lone Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser_Koopa
btw was it the new tmnt or the old one?
Actually, it was The Next Mutation. Just kidding; I like children. It was the new toon .
__________________
"You may destroy me... but I will not live in fear!"
Lone Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 09:41 AM   #17
Taloniss
Mad Scientist
 
Taloniss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower
wow youre mom is really cool. Wish my stupid teachers could do that. But hey I am in high school.
In my High School, we watched Citizen Kane, 12 Angry Men, Shawshank Redemption, Austin Powers, a few Simpsons episodes and few Family Guy episodes. I miss High School.
Taloniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 10:19 AM   #18
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
I luck out... I have a lot of animation classes, andd the teachers bring really cool stuff in (stuff you'd never see in your life anywhere else, like animation from the Zagreb studio)

My first year, I brought in George of the Jungle (the cartoon of course) and the three Roger Rabbit animated shorts.


Everyone laughed and loved Roger, but everyone lesft after I showed George of the Jungle...
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 10:31 AM   #19
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Angel Land
Posts: 4,150
We gotta watch The Breakfast Club.... does that count? lol.

Thats cool though. We watched TMNT 3, then stopped that after they smashed aprils tape player, and switched to TMNT 2, in my Sci Fi lit class last year. Great times .
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 01:30 PM   #20
Deathknight
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: One of the 972 rooms of the technodrome
Posts: 1,995
I liked part 1 but whenever I watch part 2 I'm bored out of my mind, it was such a bad ep. The turtle's and Splinter's ninja fighting skills are heavily watered down into an endless combat battle that was rather boring. Shredder Strikes is infinitely superior IMO. Where people see greatness in part 2 of Strikes Back I'm missing. I'm not trying to be insulting to people who like it I just don't get it. The only part of part 2 I enjoyed was "Nice hats!"
__________________
Shredder: "Ninja hall of fame? Ha! Where's MY statue?!"
-My Brother, the Bad Guy
Deathknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.