The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2002, 08:24 AM   #1
Ninja Turtle
Mouser
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 11
Is this a deal or what?

I just bought the following original Mirage series comics all for $26.00.
#1 Is the 3rd Print
#2 Is the 3rd print
#3 Is the 1st print
#4 Is the 1st print
Raphael is the 1st print
Michaelangelo, 1st print
#5 Is the 1st print
#6 Is the 1st print
#7 Is the 1st print
#8 Is the 1st print
#9 Is the 1st print
#1 Collector's Edition reprint
Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 09:53 AM   #2
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
where did you bought them?
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 10:08 AM   #3
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
Yeah, I'd say that's a pretty good price, especially with a bunch of first prints. I'm so jealous. *pouts*
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 10:14 AM   #4
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Yeah a good offer i payed 200 for whole first volume.. everything from 5-62
are first prints...
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 11:07 AM   #5
PWDESAI
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,873
I have all first prints, not meaning to brag or anything, but I do...
Paul
PWDESAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 12:07 PM   #6
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
That's cool... the first 5 are pretty rare nowdays...
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 01:41 PM   #7
Ninja Turtle
Mouser
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 11
Yeah I found them on ebay. What is a first print of #1 going for? I want to get one but isn't it almost impossible to find one?
Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 01:42 PM   #8
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
I have heard it could cost like 50...
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 01:45 PM   #9
Ninja Turtle
Mouser
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 11
Do you have any idea where I could find a copy of one?
Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 01:47 PM   #10
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
No... I have seen them on ebay from time to time... But with high prices
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 02:18 PM   #11
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant
 
azure turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
That is definitely a sweet deal. You're one lucky turtle.

A first print copy of the very first issue is one of the hardest comics to find. Only 3000 copies were made for the first run. A near mint TMNT #1 can go for around $200 or more. If you want to get your hands on one, I suggest you find a comic store that has it, and then buy it from there. Don't trust ebay if you're looking for the first print. There are a lot of fake copies going around, and you can easily lose all of that hard earned cash if you're not careful. The fakes are easy to spot... The paper used to print the fakes is white and sturdy, as opposed the original comics which is yellow and has a soft newspaper feel to it. And remember, the first comic was printed in magazine size, not the normal comic size. I hope that info helps.
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!"

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 03:09 PM   #12
PWDESAI
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,873
actually azure i here it goes for $500 now
PWDESAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 03:12 PM   #13
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
$500 dollars for a comic...uhh...
__________________
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 04:40 PM   #14
Ninja Turtle
Mouser
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 11
Well it looks like I'm going to pass on the idea of a first print for a while. First I must finish off my collection of every TMNT comic made before I can consider that.
Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 05:30 PM   #15
Kingkapong
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: T.O. Canada
Posts: 548
ya. i gotta wait until i'll become some millionaire tycoon to consider with a rare collection.
__________________
Go leafs go!
Kingkapong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 05:51 PM   #16
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Everything else is rather easy to find.. the first prints are most rare..
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 07:35 PM   #17
PWDESAI
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,873
yeah if anyone found a first print, pm me, I have a friend who really wants it.
thanks
Paul
PWDESAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.