The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2003, 11:55 PM   #1
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
TMNT Tattoos?

Does anyone here have any TMNT tattoos? I have a tattoo but it's not TMNT related. It's a tribal design on my left arm. Please share, especially with pics, if you do.

I do want to get a tat of Leo decapitating Shredder (Vol. 1 #21) or a tat of Leo from the cover of Graphic Novel #2 (very badass looking). I'm also considering getting the Tree of Gondor on my back (Lord of the Rings: Return of the King), but this may take a long time and be quite painful.
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 12:02 AM   #2
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
My tattoo isn't TMNT related, either, but I have considered getting one. We were just talking about this on another message board. And there's a good picture of MikeyQM's tattoo.
http://www.mikeystmnt.com/forums/php...pic.php?t=1317

I really like GW's art, but I'd probably get one of the new show images. Raphael. Left hip.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 12:07 AM   #3
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
Actually, that shot of Raph from Vol. 1 #28 would also make an awesome tat!

Although I hated the pain of getting my first tat (think dentist chair for 3 and 1/2 hours) I know that I will ultimately get another. Hmm.... LOTR or TMNT?

By the way here's a hint of the design that my tat is based on

http://www.tribal-art.ch/TribFree-Pic3b.gif
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 12:12 AM   #4
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist
 
jeff the cheff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 122 and an eighth
Posts: 2,129
Im planning on getting a ninja turtle tatoo someday. I have two ideas. One is I wanted to have the logo of the old cartoon across the top of my belly button....ya know how people have words written across. Another is a comic book image in black and white, that would be the greenish ink. I don't know where that would go though....
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 12:48 AM   #5
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Question; Are they real tattoos or just temporery tattoos?
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 06:55 AM   #6
Taloniss
Mad Scientist
 
Taloniss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah White
Question; Are they real tattoos or just temporery tattoos?
Probably real. Anyway, when I can afford it, I'm getting the Bat Symbol on my left inner forearm, Superman symbol on my right inner forearm, Spawn symbol on the back of my neck, and chains coming off the Spawn symbol winding down my arms coming down to encircle my wrists.
Taloniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 08:37 AM   #7
Stone Ill
Mad Scientist
 
Stone Ill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Posts: 2,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah White
Question; Are they real tattoos or just temporery tattoos?


Think once and awhile, will you?
Stone Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 08:54 AM   #8
Nosferatu
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 283
I'm planning on getting at least two turtle tattoos. One of Donatello on the outside of my left calf and one of Raphael on the outside of my right calf. I have yet to get them, but I plan on getting them soon (probably this time next year). I'm even thinking about getting a large group shot on my back, but a design has yet to be thought up.
Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 09:37 AM   #9
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
I am seriously considering getting a TMNT tattoo. And if I do, it'll likely be Leonardo from this picture:



Easily the best TMNT picture ever drawn, in my opinion.

And I also want to get a turtle symbol on my left shoulder-blade. I believe it was used in TMNT #43, as well as in the last Archie mini-series... Just a simple, cool little symbol of a turtle that I always thought looked nice. Don't have a picture of it readily available, though.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 09:46 AM   #10
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
I plan on getting on at lease 1 TMNT tatto. Mabe Mikeys on my back.
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 09:52 AM   #11
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry_Katz
I am seriously considering getting a TMNT tattoo. And if I do, it'll likely be Leonardo from this picture:



Easily the best TMNT picture ever drawn, in my opinion.
Yeah that's one of the ones I was considering as well.
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 09:55 AM   #12
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat King
Yeah that's one of the ones I was considering as well.
I'd want to get it on the back of my left calf, so I'd probably have to shorten the swords a bit...
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 11:06 AM   #13
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist
 
jeff the cheff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 122 and an eighth
Posts: 2,129
Wow it seems like a lot of us are going to get tatoo's. When you do, be sure to put some pictures up cause I'd love to see them. If I ever get my tatoo's it will be in about 2 years...cause I'm not old enough to get them yet.
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 10:59 PM   #14
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
Lots of people seem to be putting a lot of thought into the tattoos they want to get, which is exactly what kind of thinking you should be doing about this subject. I mean, you're gonna get a picture or word etched into your skin forever (or not, but removal costs 10x more) you better think long and hard about what you're gonna get.

And remember a few things. I'd recommend getting it in the winter, because you can't expose the tattoo to sun or submerge it in water. Keep it clean and mosturized, etc. Fortunately, it's easier to take care of than a piercing, but it takes longer to do, and so hurts a lot more.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 05:00 AM   #15
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
I don't have any tattoos and don't plan to; tattoo ink is harmful to skin cells, plus getting them is extremly painful.
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 05:43 AM   #16
Taloniss
Mad Scientist
 
Taloniss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,819
Tat's don't hurt that much
Taloniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 05:44 AM   #17
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taloniss
Tat's don't hurt that much
But the ink still piosons skin cells.
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 06:47 AM   #18
Michaelangelo|DAH
Mad Scientist
 
Michaelangelo|DAH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Land Up North ''Denmark''
Posts: 1,299
If i was getting a TMNT tattoo It would definitely have to be Tattooed green all over my body WUUHUU. Mikey's skin colour of course. And a orange Bandana around my head and brown pads on my knees and elbows. MAN that would be cool
__________________
.....''TMNT, Whatcha get is whatcha see''.-Michaelangelo
Michaelangelo|DAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 11:47 AM   #19
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taloniss
Tat's don't hurt that much
But the ink still piosons skin cells.
1) Tattoos hurt like hell (or at least mine did ). But it was worth it IMHO.
2) Tattoos have not been shown to have any negative effects. If they are taken care of they are no danger to anyone.
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 02:39 PM   #20
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelangelo|DAH
If i was getting a TMNT tattoo It would definitely have to be Tattooed green all over my body WUUHUU. Mikey's skin colour of course. And a orange Bandana around my head and brown pads on my knees and elbows. MAN that would be cool
Better idea, why not get your skin removed and replaced with green reptile skin, maybe even a shell implanted.
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.