The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2003, 03:08 PM   #1
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
The Next Mutation Season 2--- what would you have done?

I understand that Kevin Eastman had plans to make Season 2 of the NM series, it was to mark the return of Casey, April, Rat King, Bebop, and Rocksteady. It also was to feature Raphael leaving the TMNT and going solo, a family member getting killed and the US Government declearing a hunt on the turtles. Plans for Season 2 stopped when Season 1 was canceled though.

Alot of people have been going round saying what they would have changed about the Next Mutation, my question is what would you have done for TNM Season 2? To start with, I'd have Shredder make a come back, apart from the dragons that was the only thing I hated about TNM; as far as I'm conceared Shredder must always be the lead villian. I'd also introduce Baxter Stockman and his mousers. As for April, I'd have her as Baxter's former-assistant, I never really liked her job as a reporter: all she ever thought about was 'getting a story', if I was her I'd be more concerned about getting a life! While on the subject of April, I wouldn't mind seeing her hang around with Venus, I've always wondered how a relationship between Venus and April would turn out... Also I'd have Raph after leaving the TMNT team up with Casey, it'd be like Stasky & Hutch or something, two hot-heading pyschos running around on motorbikes and solving crimes and stuff. As for the US Government, maybe I'd hire some Bill Clinton lookalike to play the President and maybe have a team of secret agents all with their different personalities, personalities like those of James Bond, Austin Powers, xXx or even Maxwell Smart. And if possibily, I'd have hired Desmond Llewelyn to play their science/computer geek member of the group (He was still alive at the time). And as for Rat King, Bebop and Rocksteady, wouldn't change their personalities, just make them a little more sinister. I'd also like to see the Utroms, maybe have Krang as a evil Utrom.

That's how I would've done TNM Season 2, please tell me how you would've done it.
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 03:27 PM   #2
Dontebell
Stone Warrior
 
Dontebell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Flint,Mi
Posts: 819
a image tie-in
Dontebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 03:30 PM   #3
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontebell
a image tie-in
What do you mean, image tie-in?
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 03:36 PM   #4
Taloniss
Mad Scientist
 
Taloniss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah White
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontebell
a image tie-in
What do you mean, image tie-in?
I imagine he means make it more like the Image Turtle comics.
Taloniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 03:37 PM   #5
Combat Cold Cuts
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow
Posts: 40
The folwing wouldve died in a tragic explosion acceident caused by a faulty windows 98 computer:


Venus
Bebop
Rocksteady
Krang



I dont like those charachters in live action

I would have it just like the new show/comic only live action. And cooler more realistic looking costumes. they diddnt look like the ninja turtles I know and grew to love. Jesus

Oh yeah, the feds wouldve been a nice touch, kinda like TMNT #41 vol. 1 that wouldve been funny.

but serioulsy VENUS MUST DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like that. Dead turtle.
__________________
Werd Up G
Combat Cold Cuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 03:39 PM   #6
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat Cold Cuts

but serioulsy VENUS MUST DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like that. Dead turtle.
Maybe she was the family member to die, though many say it would have been Splinter.
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 03:46 PM   #7
Dontebell
Stone Warrior
 
Dontebell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Flint,Mi
Posts: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taloniss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah White
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontebell
a image tie-in
What do you mean, image tie-in?
I imagine he means make it more like the Image Turtle comics.
yeah that what i mean it would be a perfect season final and it can be shown on spike tv
Dontebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 04:01 PM   #8
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Thanks for clearing that up.

You know I can just imagine April and Venus hanging out, sunbaking, painting their finger-nails, Venus brushing April's hair,
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 06:23 PM   #9
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
There were rumors of Casey and April showing up in Season 2, but that was it.

Certainly not Bebop or Rocksteady.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 08:25 PM   #10
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
Hmm, knowing all that I know, I probably would have had Venus sacrifice herself to retrap the Dragons. But not before I did my "Venus joins a cult" story. Maybe after that, she decides she needs to prove herself, and also wants to be "reunited" with her father.

April and Casey would have been introduced early in the season. And it would be the capture of the Dragons that would draw the attention of the Gov. Maybe because it was this huge magic lightshow that disrupted stuff like radar and such.

And of course, without Dragon Lord, Shredder comes back. I can see Shredder acting as an informant for the Government. And of course, Bonesteel would still be there just because he rocks.

For Raph living on his own, I love that idea. And there's no way I could resist Mary-Sue-ing...
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 09:15 PM   #11
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali

And of course, without Dragon Lord, Shredder comes back. I can see Shredder acting as an informant for the Government. And of course, Bonesteel would still be there just because he rocks.
Hmm, Shredder the US informant--- that might work! check this out http://www.thetechnodrome.com/forums...hlight=#229214
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 10:00 AM   #12
Raven
follower of Jesus
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,212
get rid of venus, have her killed in a gorry way, like her head beening cut off er somthing like that, and get rid of all the bonking noises.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 11:30 AM   #13
Nosferatu
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by major pain
and get rid of all the bonking noises.
Definately. I hated the cartoonish noises. It was the number one reason I stopped watching that show when it was on.
Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 01:48 PM   #14
Combat Cold Cuts
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraul
Quote:
Originally Posted by major pain
and get rid of all the bonking noises.
Definately. I hated the cartoonish noises. It was the number one reason I stopped watching that show when it was on.

YES! cartoony noises belong in cartoons, actually canceling the entire show was the best improvment that couldve been made

next to slaughtering venus with a chainsaw.
__________________
Werd Up G
Combat Cold Cuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 02:43 PM   #15
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Give her a brake! I'm sick of you guys always bashing her. Ask me I thought she was pretty cool.
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 02:57 PM   #16
Newton Gimmick
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,154
Less Venus, More Shredder, + Casey & April.

Simple yet effective.
Newton Gimmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 10:20 PM   #17
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
Keep in mind, guys, that we still have a Y7 rating and so gory deaths cannot be done.

But I agree with getting rid of the cartoony sound effects. They so got on my nerves!
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 12:00 AM   #18
Newton Gimmick
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,154
Not to sound rude or try to start a fight with you Jarrah, but don't you think your obsession with Desmond Llewelyn is a bit out of hand? Everytime there is a discussion about ANYTHING, you seem to find a way to loop in a role for Desmond Llewelyn. The guys work was limited to Q for god's sakes.

"Typical Discussion"

Random Person: I really liked Roger Rabbit, what a great movie.

Other Person: Yea me too.

Jarrah: If you could change one thing in that movie what would you do?

Random Person: I'd probably spent less time in Toon Town.

Other Person: I'd gave Jessica Rabbit a bigger role.

Jarrah: I'd re-wrote the script to have it be about Desmond Llewelyn and a cartoon version of Desmond Llewelyn. In which he (Desmond Llewelyn) must team up with the cartoon version of Desmond Llewelyn and fight off a evil horde of clone Desmond Llewelyns.


I mean, Desmond Llewelyn in TNM? That doesn't even make sense let alone seem like a reasonable thing to do. It'd be like having the Turtles fight Cobra Commander and Destro. Ride around in the Batmobile and be bothered every episode by Slimer.
Newton Gimmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 12:32 AM   #19
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newton Gimmick
It'd be like having the Turtles fight Cobra Commander and Destro. Ride around in the Batmobile and be bothered every episode by Slimer.
that would be the BEST EPISODE EVER!
Vaughn Michael
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 04:04 PM   #20
Trunks
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: somewhere in time
Posts: 198
Who cares about tnm, I wonder what their goin to do with shredhead. Do's anybody know.
Trunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.