The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2004, 03:53 PM   #1
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Zack/Venus

Maybe I'm just new to this old toon, but I can't see what Zack has over Venus.

I really enjoyed the Unchain my Heart episodes, venus kicked vampire butt in those episodes! I thought the cat-fight between her and Vam Mi rocked, and the part where Venus blew stuff up with her magic. She had some funny lines aswell.

Zack on the other hand, I saw him The Great Boldini. Me, I know alot of dumbasses, but I don't know any quite as ****ing stupid as Zack,
Quote:
I wanna be a turtle like you April
WTF? He didn't fight anyone, and him being tortured with a feather was just stupid, oh, and a total insult to TMNT. Explain to me, is this how Zack always acts? Or am I watching Not-His-Finest-Hour?

Explain to me please what Zack has over Venus?
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 03:57 PM   #2
Anarky
Outlaw Hero
 
Anarky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Tannhauser Gate
Posts: 4,867
i don't like any of those two. they're both crap.

But. Zack dissappeared (hooray) and had at least a purpose: he was the stereotype.

then Venus: "Oh, hey there it's our long lost sister nobody's ever heard about. And: she's stupid as $#it! and then she's able to do some magic tricks." she totally affronted everything the TMNT stood for and their origin.
Anarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 04:01 PM   #3
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarky
she's able to do some magic tricks."
What's wrong with Venus' magic? It's no different to what we see in 2003, ie, the sword of Tengu, Kirby's cristal, Mystic Ninjas.
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 05:17 PM   #4
MW8979
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 431
It's true - they both suck. I wouldn't even say Zack is better then Venus, since they both helped to deteriorate the quality of their respective shows. The only good thing aout Zack, is that he only appeared in 3 episodes and largely disappeared after season 3. Venus on the other hand, not only featured in every episode, but the whole damn show was written to revolve around her, to cater to feminist groups. It's as if TMNT weren't THAT important anymore, since this super powerful female came around that could "kick butt" in a very crappy and cliche Hollywood manner. I think that was the big problem with her and that's why all these people can't stand her.
MW8979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 07:29 PM   #5
Taloniss
Mad Scientist
 
Taloniss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarky
then Venus: "Oh, hey there it's our long lost sister nobody's ever heard about. And: she's stupid as $#it! and then she's able to do some magic tricks." she totally affronted everything the TMNT stood for and their origin.
Seconded.
Taloniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 09:10 PM   #6
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,398
Oh joy..another Venus praising thread from you-know-who

For some who might not like Zack OR Venus, I beleive those who hate Zack consider him the lesser of two evils, Venus was more of a cluster f*ck than Zack, some episodes involving him were very good (Splinter's Journal episode, "The Fifth Turtle" for having a great battle scene "Shredderville" because he turned into a grafittti punk, etc)
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 07:12 AM   #7
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
Zach was pretty cool!! but F**** Venus!! That damn majic jerk to good frog!!
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 09:00 AM   #8
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
Stone Warrior
 
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 835


Oh, brother.

Zach and Venus are about as far apart as the planet Pluto and our sun. There are no similarities between them whatsoever.

I guess this is where I get to give my opinion. I usually stray from saying how I really feel, but this is such an obnoxious argument, I'll get down into the gutter with you.

Zach: I liked him. He wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but he was another character in the old cartoon's universe. I never had a problem with Zach.

Venus: If she had been with the Ninja Turtles from the beginning (as part of Eastman and Laird's vision), we would probably all love her by now. But she just suddenly shows up in a less-than-stellar live-action series, and ends up turning more people away than bringing people in. I never really had a problem with the Venus character; however, I could have lived without her presence, too.

In short, this comparison is an abomination. There are no similarities between Zach and Venus. They are two separate entities, in two separate worlds, and should be left as such.

If you want to raise cane against some crappy characters, leave it to those who are worth your time. Zach was fine and should be left alone. Venus is a horse who's been beaten to death numerous times, but can never seem to be left to die. She keeps being resurrected by people whose only aim is to beat her down again.

Sheesh.

"Alright, that's it! I've had it up to my helmet with both of you!" - Shredder, from "The Foot Soldiers Are Revolting"
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 10:28 AM   #9
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
I tend to base myself on Zach the 5th Turtle since he pretty much embodied those of us who wished we could fight crime alongside the TMNT themselves.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 10:39 AM   #10
Keroscene
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 122
Re: Zack/Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah White
I wanna be a turtle like you April
It wasn't Zach who said that, it was his friend Caitlin. Who is a girl. Hence the joke. It's in "The Great Boldini" if I'm not mistaken.

Quote:
Explain to me please what Zack has over Venus?
Well, it's a bizarre comparison to make, but they were both tremendously irritating. To make a point some people may not realise about Zack, in "The Fifth Turtle", he's 14 years old. Yes, that's a 14 year old dressing like turtles and riding around on his bicycle, when any self-respecting teenager would be shooting crack or setting fire to the neighbour's dog. It seems a little sad.
Keroscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 02:44 PM   #11
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
14?! You sure? I figured he was about 4 or 5.
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 01:10 AM   #12
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist
 
Ninja Tiptup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,451
Re: Zack/Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah White

Explain to me please what Zack has over Venus?
He's voiced by Rob Paulsen... well that's all I've got.

Okay I have more.

I like them both differently but equally. The only reason I ever had to dislike Venus was that she took Aprils spot (not Zack's, Aprils!).

Other than that, they were both good for comedy relief.



SLASH was and always will be the fifth turtle, and don't you forget it!
__________________
It's weird to be normal, and it's normal to be weird.
Ninja Tiptup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 01:17 AM   #13
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Re: Zack/Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Tiptup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah White

Explain to me please what Zack has over Venus?
He's voiced by Rob Paulsen... well that's all I've got.

Okay I have more.

I like them both differently but equally. The only reason I ever had to dislike Venus was that she took Aprils spot (not Zack's, Aprils!).

Other than that, they were both good for comedy relief.



SLASH was and always will be the fifth turtle, and don't you forget it!
April was supposed to return in Season 2, but of course, production for Season 2 was shut down.
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 09:51 AM   #14
Keroscene
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah White
14?! You sure? I figured he was about 4 or 5.
Yep. Don't remember the exact quote, but I made a note of the age for an episode review I was doing. I think it's during a conversation with his brother Walt that one of them mentions his age.
Keroscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 03:04 PM   #15
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist
 
Ninja Tiptup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,451
Re: Zack/Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Tiptup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah White

Explain to me please what Zack has over Venus?
He's voiced by Rob Paulsen... well that's all I've got.

Okay I have more.

I like them both differently but equally. The only reason I ever had to dislike Venus was that she took Aprils spot (not Zack's, Aprils!).

Other than that, they were both good for comedy relief.



SLASH was and always will be the fifth turtle, and don't you forget it!
April was supposed to return in Season 2, but of course, production for Season 2 was shut down.
Really now? Darn Fox, they canned it because it was doing BETTER than Power Rangers at the time.
__________________
It's weird to be normal, and it's normal to be weird.
Ninja Tiptup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 03:05 PM   #16
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Oh, your right, those bloody Power Rangers. I hate them! I hate them!

April wasn't the only one set to return in Season 2, Casey, Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady, Rat King and possibly Shredder where all due for a comeback in the second season.
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 03:14 PM   #17
Demonfox38
Stone Warrior
 
Demonfox38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 531
Re: Zack/Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Tiptup

SLASH was and always will be the fifth turtle, and don't you forget it!
Amen to that, brotha. PALM TREE!!
Demonfox38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 05:09 PM   #18
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah White
April wasn't the only one set to return in Season 2, Casey, Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady, Rat King and possibly Shredder where all due for a comeback in the second season.
I'm pretty sure you're just making this up now, aside from April and Casey, you have no proof of those other changes

(SO Glad Power Rangers survived in the ratings, it's sixth season was one of the greatest and totally outshone "Next Basterdisation")
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 02:32 AM   #19
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah White
April wasn't the only one set to return in Season 2, Casey, Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady, Rat King and possibly Shredder where all due for a comeback in the second season.
I'm pretty sure you're just making this up now, aside from April and Casey, you have no proof of those other changes

(SO Glad Power Rangers survived in the ratings, it's sixth season was one of the greatest and totally outshone "Next Basterdisation")

Dose trying to pick a fight with me come naturally for you or do you do that just to annoy me?

Anyway, April, Casey and Rat King were the only confermed returning characters,

but alot of other old toon villians were supposed to return. That's all I know.
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 02:36 AM   #20
GK Punk
I'm your Devil
 
GK Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 12,439
okay, if casey would have looked like that, I'd hate the show evenmore.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.