The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2004, 12:50 PM   #1
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Will the old toon/NM ever air again?

Well, will they?
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 01:08 PM   #2
Stone Ill
Mad Scientist
 
Stone Ill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Posts: 2,397
I'm not sure.. In my dream, I was watching Teletoon and it said that I should stay tuned for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles coming up next, and it was the old one.. It seemed so real, dammit!
Stone Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 01:12 PM   #3
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
I dreamed of the turtles too last night...
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 01:13 PM   #4
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist
 
jeff the cheff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 122 and an eighth
Posts: 2,129
I really hope they show the cartoon on tv. So many people would watch it too.
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 01:18 PM   #5
Raphaella
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: England, building my own sewer system
Posts: 403
They started showing the 1st movie over here in cinemas a few weeks back, uncut. I think it's gonna be likely that they might bring back the NM on here, but I'm not sure about the old cartoons.
__________________
"We came, we saw, we kicked their ASS!" - Ghostbusters

message to UK channels : You SUCK

~ Mutant lover
Raphaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 02:08 PM   #6
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
I heard that Hallmark owns the TV rights to the old show. Either no one is interested to buy them, or the price is so high they don't think it's worth it. Give it time, most old cartoons return to TV after a while.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 02:25 PM   #7
XERO
Hybrid Theorist
 
XERO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Alamo City
Posts: 8,184
I just hope it's not after I die.
__________________

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 02:37 PM   #8
spikealike
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 186
Fox Kids in the UK started showing The Real Ghostbusters back in December, and given the fact they have shown TNM and are currently showing the new TMNT, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they started showing the old one.
spikealike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 05:02 PM   #9
Michaelangelo|DAH
Mad Scientist
 
Michaelangelo|DAH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Land Up North ''Denmark''
Posts: 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphaella
They started showing the 1st movie over here in cinemas a few weeks back, uncut. I think it's gonna be likely that they might bring back the NM on here, but I'm not sure about the old cartoons.
Ohhh yeah. Did it seel well???
__________________
.....''TMNT, Whatcha get is whatcha see''.-Michaelangelo
Michaelangelo|DAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 05:13 PM   #10
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
Man I hope the old toon comes to the FoxBox
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 05:17 PM   #11
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,381
I suspect that Fox Kids U.K will air "Next Mutation" in their current midnight schedules sooner or later
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 05:48 PM   #12
MW8979
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 431
Yeah, you just gotta give it some time, for those series to age significantly enough so that their price tag comes down. I mean, they're still original series that started it all. Just look at the G1 TFs. Same story - you'd think that a 20 year old series can be reaired now, but I'm pretty certain that it would cost too much even today to reair all of it. But I'm also pretty sure that if it did air, people would watch it again and TMNT too.
MW8979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 06:31 PM   #13
spikealike
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelangelo|DAH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphaella
They started showing the 1st movie over here in cinemas a few weeks back, uncut. I think it's gonna be likely that they might bring back the NM on here, but I'm not sure about the old cartoons.
Ohhh yeah. Did it seel well???
Not too sure on that one. It was only released in a select few cinemas but I expect anyone who went to see the movie was either:

- Huge TMNT fan
- Child who's been watching the new series and wasn't aware of the older incarnations

No doubt it was rereleased to cash in on the new series, but finally we got the uncut version
spikealike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 06:34 PM   #14
Michaelangelo|DAH
Mad Scientist
 
Michaelangelo|DAH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Land Up North ''Denmark''
Posts: 1,299
Well it's still cool that they've shown it in the cinemas again
__________________
.....''TMNT, Whatcha get is whatcha see''.-Michaelangelo
Michaelangelo|DAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 06:41 PM   #15
spikealike
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 186
It is indeed, even if there were only 6 (including me and my brother) in the cinema when we went to see it

I'm hoping for a proper R2 dvd release now, with plenty of extras (there has to be some behind the scenes stuff lying about for them to use).
spikealike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 07:45 PM   #16
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul
 
Cascadia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
other than what was mentioned, I have not heard anything about bringing the old series or the live series back.
__________________

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 09:26 PM   #17
GK Punk
I'm your Devil
 
GK Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 12,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpo_007
I heard that Hallmark owns the TV rights to the old show. Either no one is interested to buy them, or the price is so high they don't think it's worth it. Give it time, most old cartoons return to TV after a while.
If Hallmark owns it, chances are they want too much
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 10:56 PM   #18
Savanti Romero
Stone Warrior
 
Savanti Romero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 600
What else does Hallmark own? And is this Hallmark the same company with the cards and little trinket mall stores?
__________________
"The sceptor has returned at last; and it's all mine!"
-Savanti Romero, Vol. 1 issue 47 1992
AKA: [email protected]
utromheadquarters.0catch.com
Savanti Romero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 11:03 PM   #19
GK Punk
I'm your Devil
 
GK Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 12,439
Yes it is, they also own The Filmation library. Stuff like Ghostbusters (Not the one based on the movie) masters of the universe (Classic) Fat Albert etc.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 11:12 PM   #20
Savanti Romero
Stone Warrior
 
Savanti Romero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 600
Oh, is the Ghostbusters that one cartoon with the new people? Like Ghostbuster Extreme or something. I was to young, and don't know much about the original Ghostbusters, but I like that cartoon with the students.
__________________
"The sceptor has returned at last; and it's all mine!"
-Savanti Romero, Vol. 1 issue 47 1992
AKA: [email protected]
utromheadquarters.0catch.com
Savanti Romero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.