The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2004, 05:01 AM   #1
Misfit
Stone Warrior
 
Misfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 508
Does anyone know...

If the uncut version of the TMNT first movie that was recently rereleased in UK cinema's will be released on DVD over here too? It had better, I want to see it again and my old VHS tape desperately needs replacing!

If anyone knows please tell me if it's going to happen and when it will be out?

Thanks!
__________________
My LiveJournal

My Fanfiction

"I'm the pretty one!" - Mikey in "Meet Casey Jones".
Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 05:12 AM   #2
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
I'm not sure. If not, you could always travel to Australia or America or somewhere, purchase an uncut copy and take it back to the UK.
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 05:32 AM   #3
EZweasel
Stone Warrior
 
EZweasel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 847
is the USA even getting an uncut copy?
__________________
EZweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 05:33 AM   #4
That Matt Guy
Honey Bunches
 
That Matt Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 5,840
Yeah. In the UK they edited out all of the scenes that showed nunchucks.
That Matt Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 05:42 AM   #5
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZweasel
is the USA even getting an uncut copy?
Well nothing was cut in the Australian copies, I trust the US got the same treatment.
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 07:18 AM   #6
spikealike
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 186
http://www.playusa.com have it for £10.99, free p&p and it isn't cut at all

If you desperately want it now you could order it - do you have a multiregion dvd player? If not pm me

I'm sure they'll release a dvd at some point now though.
spikealike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 11:07 AM   #7
Jason
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 184
Re: Does anyone know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaGirl21
If the uncut version of the TMNT first movie that was recently rereleased in UK cinema's will be released on DVD over here too? It had better, I want to see it again and my old VHS tape desperately needs replacing!

If anyone knows please tell me if it's going to happen and when it will be out?

Thanks!
There's no release date yet for the 1st Movie DVD yet. It only came out in the cinema a few weeks ago and there is usually a few months delay between the cinema and DVD release.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 11:49 AM   #8
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZweasel
is the USA even getting an uncut copy?

whatdya mean? we always HAD the original version. chucks and all. britain basically got what we had in 1990. nothing more
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 08:34 PM   #9
Deathknight
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: One of the 972 rooms of the technodrome
Posts: 1,995
He means with the deleted scenes. There was a lot of stuff taken out of the first movie I've heard.
__________________
Shredder: "Ninja hall of fame? Ha! Where's MY statue?!"
-My Brother, the Bad Guy
Deathknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 09:24 PM   #10
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathknight
He means with the deleted scenes. There was a lot of stuff taken out of the first movie I've heard.

so then this is a different version that what us in the USA got?? I thought the brits took out any chucking scene...


what other bits were removed?????????????????????????????

if anyone cares to tell?
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 09:28 PM   #11
Stone Ill
Mad Scientist
 
Stone Ill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Posts: 2,397
I heard there was a part where they were training at night by Casey's farm or something. I could be wrong.
Stone Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 05:09 AM   #12
spikealike
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 186
There's no difference between what was released in the cinema a few weeks back and what's on the US Region 1 DVD.

As far as I'm aware the only cuts made to the movie at all were just for the original UK release.
spikealike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 08:08 AM   #13
Raphaella
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: England, building my own sewer system
Posts: 403
everyone knows all nunchuck parts were cut out, but others were too, like the bit where they return to the sewers, and Mikey says: 'I cud really go for some deep dish action right about now...' Well the British version only went as far as Don dropping whatever he had in his hand and turning to the pizza, that's it, next scene.

Another is the sparring at Casey's I think, and they also cut out a few small scenes. I know this coz a friend sent me a music video of it and I saw these.

But since it came out in cinema, I'm betting (and hopin) it'll be on DVD soon in local stores and such. *prays* you better f*cking bring it out on DVD
__________________
"We came, we saw, we kicked their ASS!" - Ghostbusters

message to UK channels : You SUCK

~ Mutant lover
Raphaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 01:03 PM   #14
Deathknight
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: One of the 972 rooms of the technodrome
Posts: 1,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buslady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathknight
He means with the deleted scenes. There was a lot of stuff taken out of the first movie I've heard.

so then this is a different version that what us in the USA got?? I thought the brits took out any chucking scene...


what other bits were removed?????????????????????????????

if anyone cares to tell?
No 100% complete version of the first TMNT movie has ever been released. I believe it's Peter Laird that has a complete one with the deleted scenes. Two of the scenes that I've heard were deleted was one where April and Danny go to a comic book store and try to get them to make a TMNT comic and another where the turtles are having a training session in the barn. However, a lot of small parts of fighting scenes were also removed. Then of course there was an alternate ending which I haven't a clue about.
__________________
Shredder: "Ninja hall of fame? Ha! Where's MY statue?!"
-My Brother, the Bad Guy
Deathknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 01:17 PM   #15
Lisardo
Stone Warrior
 
Lisardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 702
I kinda would like to see these for myself first, but oh well. I don't suppose any of you in the UK who did see the 'uncut' verison in the theaters could tell us, or me anyway (like in a private PM or something) what the cut scenes were? Like what happened in them and stuff. Well, if any of you remember that is. Curiosity has gotten the better of me.
__________________
"Look I'm not gonna stop doing what's right just because it's not appreciated." -Leo

Lisardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 06:39 PM   #16
spikealike
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 186
It was any scene involving the nunchuks because at the time, Britain was very against those weapons and the whole ninja thing.

EDIT: Can anyone confirm if Mikey swinging his nunchuks whilst ordering a pizza was cut? In the region 1 dvd I have, on the full screen version you can't see it due to the screen limitations it has, but also on the version they showed on Five, you can't see it. Just wondering if it was cut, or whether its just pan&scan that misses it out.
spikealike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 04:05 AM   #17
michiko
Random Punk
 
michiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikealike
Can anyone confirm if Mikey swinging his nunchuks whilst ordering a pizza was cut? In the region 1 dvd I have, on the full screen version you can't see it due to the screen limitations it has, but also on the version they showed on Five, you can't see it. Just wondering if it was cut, or whether its just pan&scan that misses it out.
I have the Region 1 DVD (which is widescreen), and the UK VHS (which isn't). Both have been watched more times than is healthy In the UK version, you can see Mike on the phone but his chucks are in shadow. I suspect the shadow was added to censor the chucks.

Anyone else with both versions of the film might want to compare the scene where the turtles first go to April's apartment. Subtle differences in editing.
michiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 03:51 PM   #18
Raph
Mad Scientist
 
Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The Netherlands, Rotterdam
Posts: 1,888
The Movie comic is infact the uncut version...Sp if you wanna see all deleted scenes, check the comic adaption, of the first movie
__________________
Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 10:02 PM   #19
J Legault
Mad Scientist
 
J Legault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: West Coast
Posts: 2,054
If nuckchas are illegal in UK, then did the scene with Mikey and the Foot Ninja doing some nuckcha moves been removed as well.

The never before shown deleted scenes sound interesting. Too bad they're not viewable at this moment.
__________________
I am a fan of TMNT and I'm still one today.
I got into the habbit back in 1992 or 93' when I was little. I would like to thank my 2 year older cousin for getting me in the habbit. 2001 was when I revised my knowledge on TMNT. And today I'm a bigger fan than I was years ago. I have all 3 TMNT Movies, current Toon, and old school Toon on DVD.
J Legault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 10:53 PM   #20
Stone Ill
Mad Scientist
 
Stone Ill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Posts: 2,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathknight
Two of the scenes that I've heard were deleted was one where April and Danny go to a comic book store and try to get them to make a TMNT comic.
You know, I actually saw this part on TV back in early 2003! It was on The Movie Network, a Canadian station. I think you get it by Digital Cable only.

Anyways, it was the first time I saw that part. It was weird. It came on a few nights later, but they didn't show that part.
Stone Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.