The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2004, 02:23 PM   #1
Mr. Stay Puft
Stone Warrior
 
Mr. Stay Puft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: NH
Posts: 580
TMNT guitar tabs?

Does anyone know where i can get guitar tabs for the original TMNT theme song? I know how to play most of it, but I want to get it perfect.
__________________


And there came a day. A day unlike any other, when Earth’s mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat, to fight the foes no single superhero could withstand. On that day, the Avengers were born.

R.I.P Chi Cheng and Jeff Hanneman
Mr. Stay Puft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 02:25 PM   #2
Mondo J. Gecko
Mad Scientist
 
Mondo J. Gecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,064
Why don't you just post it on here???
__________________


Mondo J. Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 02:31 PM   #3
Bowser_Koopa
Very yes
 
Bowser_Koopa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Not so far, go back a little
Posts: 1,849
tabs, scores and partitures whatever you call them....are nearly impossible to find, above all on the net, i used to play piano, i could never find scores, i could find books with scores, but not the specific ones i was looking for, and i couldn't buy them anyway. if you really want it you should keep looking, maybe you'll be lucky, but if i was you i wouldn't bother, good luck anyways, if you find it, please post it
Bowser_Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 02:35 PM   #4
Trunks
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: somewhere in time
Posts: 198
go to your local music store and see if they can order it because i'm in the band at my school and we played it last year.
Trunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 02:36 PM   #5
Albrecht
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,073
Re: TMNT guitar tabs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeys_in_tha_hizouse
Does anyone know where i can get guitar tabs for the original TMNT theme song? I know how to play most of it, but I want to get it perfect.

i was just about to ask you to send me the tabs since you said oyu could play it. i used to play bass but i gave it up for guitar.
__________________
Albrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 03:15 PM   #6
Mr. Stay Puft
Stone Warrior
 
Mr. Stay Puft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: NH
Posts: 580
I can play the part in the theme Where they keep saying "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, etc.... Heroes in a Halfshell- Turtle Power", but thats all i got. There's still bass and lead guitar, which is what I need, as well as the rest of the song.
__________________


And there came a day. A day unlike any other, when Earth’s mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat, to fight the foes no single superhero could withstand. On that day, the Avengers were born.

R.I.P Chi Cheng and Jeff Hanneman
Mr. Stay Puft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 03:21 PM   #7
EZweasel
Stone Warrior
 
EZweasel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 847
i could figure it out maybe and give it to you. io could try at least.
__________________
EZweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 05:31 PM   #8
Stone Ill
Mad Scientist
 
Stone Ill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Posts: 2,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeys_in_tha_hizouse
I can play the part in the theme Where they keep saying "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, etc.... Heroes in a Halfshell- Turtle Power", but thats all i got. There's still bass and lead guitar, which is what I need, as well as the rest of the song.
I can play that two, but I've yet to incorporate chords into it.

But some good TAB sites are:

http://www.musiceffect.com
http://www.tabcrawler.com
Stone Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 05:45 PM   #9
raphael_is_cool
Mad Scientist
 
raphael_is_cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 2,151
Ok bear with me, I'm doing it in power chord form in the key of C(the way my band plays it, although we tune a step down, check for the file on www.suckstobeyou.tk )

Chorus
e|------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|--55555555-88888888-10-10-10-10-8888---5555-3-5-555-|
D|--55555555-88888888-10-10-10-10-8888---5555-3-5-555-|
A|--33333333-66666666---8--8--8--8--6666--3333-1-3-333-|
E|------------------------------------------------------------------|

Solo over the chorus (fits the 'teenage mutant ninuja turtles...' singing)
e|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|-5-7-5-7-5-7-5-7-8-10-8-10-8-10-8-10-10-12-10-12-8-10-8-10--5555-3-5-555--|
D|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Verse (1st part twice 'splinter taught them..', 2nd part once 'when the evil shredder...')
e|------------------------------------------------------|-----------------------------|
B|------------------------------------------------------|-----------------------------|
G|-8888-11-11-10-10--------------------------------|-----------------------------|
D|-8888-11-11-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10----|---3333-5555-6666-8888-|
A|-6666--9--9---8--8--10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10---|---3333-5555-6666-8888-|
E|------------------------8---8--8---8--8--8--8---8--|-1111-3333-4444-6666-|

The structure is
Chorus
Verse
Chorus (but only the first note of it for half a bar)
Verse
Chorus
END

And here's the new 2003 little riff that you hear a lot (in the key of E)

E|--00-3-5-6-5-3h5-3p0-|

ps. making tabs in message boards suck, if it looks like I'm arpeggiating chords it's because the text lines are going out of sync, it's all power chords
raphael_is_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 05:53 PM   #10
Mr. Stay Puft
Stone Warrior
 
Mr. Stay Puft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: NH
Posts: 580
Thanks, Raph. I'll make sure to print it out, though I usually play in dropped-C# (same tuning as many Deftones and Linkin Park songs, as well as Disturbed, Finch, and Reveille). If it sounds good, we may play it at a show. Check out our site www.negzero.net.
__________________


And there came a day. A day unlike any other, when Earth’s mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat, to fight the foes no single superhero could withstand. On that day, the Avengers were born.

R.I.P Chi Cheng and Jeff Hanneman
Mr. Stay Puft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 05:55 PM   #11
Stone Ill
Mad Scientist
 
Stone Ill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Posts: 2,397
Am I the only one who can read music easier than TABs?

Ah, oh well.

It's probably because we've only been playing songs reading sheet music in Guitar class this whole semester.
Stone Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 06:01 PM   #12
Mr. Stay Puft
Stone Warrior
 
Mr. Stay Puft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: NH
Posts: 580
And Raph, I'm sorry that you think nu-metal sucks. You're still cool for giving me the tabs for the TMNT theme song.
__________________


And there came a day. A day unlike any other, when Earth’s mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat, to fight the foes no single superhero could withstand. On that day, the Avengers were born.

R.I.P Chi Cheng and Jeff Hanneman
Mr. Stay Puft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 06:36 PM   #13
raphael_is_cool
Mad Scientist
 
raphael_is_cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 2,151
Glad I could help

Haha well if it's any consolation, Sam wrote the song not me (I'm Gregg) I just make the bass lines

I wrote

Crazy Kinda Love
Love To Hate You
Disco Rock (ooh yeah)
and most of Man-Beater's lyrics and the bridge

There's more songs coming soon
raphael_is_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 07:39 PM   #14
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Angel Land
Posts: 4,150
raphael_is_cool, you are awesome.

The only thing that sounds a bit wrong... is the solo part.. I'd have the the 7's, ect, be hammer ons. Try it out.
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 07:42 PM   #15
Bowser_Koopa
Very yes
 
Bowser_Koopa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Not so far, go back a little
Posts: 1,849
raph_is_cool is REALLY cool!

i could never figure any songs, it was so hard....
Bowser_Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 09:53 PM   #16
twopinacoladas
Stone Warrior
 
twopinacoladas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 717
Sweet!!!!!!!!

Thanx for posting that I have to play it!
twopinacoladas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 12:10 PM   #17
raphael_is_cool
Mad Scientist
 
raphael_is_cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 2,151
Wow I feel really wanted now, thanks guys

Yeah Gwgtrunks I think the solo bit is better with hammer-ons, I never usually play it coz I play bass so our guitarist does it so I'm sure he does hammer-ons and pull-offs and all that

Y'all download my band's version of it? It's not fantastic but I still like it

We've recorded a new version coming soon but the drummer broke the bass pedal halfway through and stopped, but Sam and I continued
raphael_is_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 12:40 PM   #18
EZweasel
Stone Warrior
 
EZweasel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 847
i play mostly blues. so if anyone learned it from me their getting a blues or jazzy version.
__________________
EZweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 04:40 PM   #19
The Master Foot Soldier
Thug
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ontario
Posts: 79
RE:

http://guitartabs.cc is good too. (I haven't been to this board in a while)
The Master Foot Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 06:48 PM   #20
Albrecht
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,073
so mikey ur still missing a member right.
__________________
Albrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.