The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2004, 01:05 PM   #1
Turtledude2k3
Banned
 
Turtledude2k3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Canada, BC
Posts: 783
About the old tmnt comign to dvd...

Now that we all know the first 5 episodes is coming to dvd which is about time, do u believe Artisan entertainment might make the package a little better than what funimation is doing with the new tmnt??

I like their package but it should include more episodes.


It's all about marketing..
Turtledude2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 01:36 PM   #2
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Will it include any special features? Eg, subtitles, languages, interviews with Kevin Eastman/Peter Laird?
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 01:43 PM   #3
Dontebell
Stone Warrior
 
Dontebell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Flint,Mi
Posts: 819
the dvd cloud feature old commrical,and never-before seen episode.
Dontebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 02:30 PM   #4
Taloniss
Mad Scientist
 
Taloniss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,819
If the first DVD they release (I'm assuming it's the Epic Begins one) sells well, they will probably do box set type things, or release more episodes, but I don't see them putting much effort into the first disc when it's taken them this long to release an edited version.
Taloniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 04:10 PM   #5
J Legault
Mad Scientist
 
J Legault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: West Coast
Posts: 2,054
If it's a good DVD then it would be worth to get other wise, I want a way to see the classic TMNT, since I pity myself for not seeing much of Season 1.

Just need to wait 3 more months for more detail.
__________________
I am a fan of TMNT and I'm still one today.
I got into the habbit back in 1992 or 93' when I was little. I would like to thank my 2 year older cousin for getting me in the habbit. 2001 was when I revised my knowledge on TMNT. And today I'm a bigger fan than I was years ago. I have all 3 TMNT Movies, current Toon, and old school Toon on DVD.
J Legault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 04:13 PM   #6
Eidiot88
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 251
I haven't heard Funi is making it, has this been comfirmed?
__________________

Shredder's Pub Returning Soon...
Eidiot88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 05:47 PM   #7
raphael90
Stone Warrior
 
raphael90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: ...down in the sewer listening to Skinny Puppy...
Posts: 618
dvd

I'd like to buy the upcoming DVD release, but if its only "The Epic Begins" on dvd I might have to pass. I want full eps if I get them on DVD, if not I'd just as soon watch my tapes.

Still, I know I should support it and buy the DVD anyhow so they'd possibly release others on DVD.

What I'd really like to see is the "Incredible Shrinking Turtles" four part on DVD...that's one of my favorite collections of the show. I would watch that DVD...
__________________

"Babies? These things haven't even been BORN yet!"


-Raphael
raphael90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 06:01 PM   #8
Deathknight
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: One of the 972 rooms of the technodrome
Posts: 1,995
Re: About the old tmnt comign to dvd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtledude2k3
Now that we all know the first 5 episodes is coming to dvd which is about time, do u believe Artisan entertainment might make the package a little better than what funimation is doing with the new tmnt??

I like their package but it should include more episodes.


It's all about marketing..
Where did you get confirmation that it's the first five episodes? And there is box art?! I wanna see I wanna see!!!!!!!!
__________________
Shredder: "Ninja hall of fame? Ha! Where's MY statue?!"
-My Brother, the Bad Guy
Deathknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 06:19 PM   #9
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah White
Will it include any special features? Eg, subtitles, languages, interviews with Kevin Eastman/Peter Laird?
More importantly, will it include toy commercials?

EDIT: DK, I believe he was referring to the new series DVD box art.
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 07:32 PM   #10
Savanti Romero
Stone Warrior
 
Savanti Romero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 600
Wow, this is the first I've heard of this news. I'm glad because I was to young to remember anything when these episodes aired.
__________________
"The sceptor has returned at last; and it's all mine!"
-Savanti Romero, Vol. 1 issue 47 1992
AKA: [email protected]
utromheadquarters.0catch.com
Savanti Romero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 12:56 AM   #11
cobraMorph
Mouser
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 9
UNless they have good extras, I'd wish they'd put like 9 episodes on each disk. Or at the very least, go with 6. I like even numbers, & i like 6. Especially when talking about shows on dvd.

How many episodes are there?
cobraMorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.