The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Which one of April's jobs do you prefere?
News reporter 18 60.00%
Former Stocktronics employee 12 40.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2004, 03:33 AM   #1
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
April's job.

In the Mirage comics/new series April was Baxter Stockman's assistant, but when she learned too much, Baxter sicked his mouser robots on her. In the old series/movies she works for the news media and thus has no ties to Baxter. Which one of her jobs do you prefere? I kinda prefere scientist April over reporter April, I mean c'mon doesn't this girl have a life besides trying to get a story? And anyway, the media never shows you any decent news.
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 05:25 AM   #2
FALLEN ELDOR
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 298
Being a reporter, she was the turtles link to the out side world, she could follow leads that the turtles couldn't that as a reporter doesn't raise the question of "who the snooping red head is." The glory hound was a bit much in the classic cartoon, I think the movie handled April's personalty best, a dedicated journalist who's loyalty to the turtles come before a story.
__________________
The first movie was a perfect balance between the adult comics and the children's cartoon!
FALLEN ELDOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 05:29 AM   #3
Taloniss
Mad Scientist
 
Taloniss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,819
I liked movie April best. That is what she should have been like in the cartoon, not some story hound. And, yeah, I prefer reporter April, since then she can help the turtles by feeding them news tips. We already have one techno genius in Don, we don't need another in my opinion.
Taloniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 07:38 AM   #4
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
Stone Warrior
 
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 835
Even though it was annoying at times, I prefer the news reporter April over the lab assistant one.

In my opinion, April (as I have come to know her over the years) just doesn't work for me as a lab assistant. She doesn't even dress the part! Of course, I grew up consuming healthy portions of the old cartoon, so I'm naturally going to have a bias for news reporter April!

"Thanks a bundle!" - April, from "Mutagen Monster"
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 08:38 AM   #5
MW8979
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 431
Yeah, who says you can't wear a yellow jump suit AND be successful?
MW8979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 09:26 AM   #6
Taloniss
Mad Scientist
 
Taloniss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperShredder84
Yeah, who says you can't wear a yellow jump suit AND be successful?
Murphey's Law of Fashion.
Taloniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 09:38 AM   #7
cqb101
Cinephile
 
cqb101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 8,489
I'm gonna go with a couple of other people, and say that movie April was the best. She was a reporter which can come in a lot handier than a former lab assistant, but she wasn't too obssesed with it like she was in the old toon.
__________________
cqb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 09:38 AM   #8
That Matt Guy
Honey Bunches
 
That Matt Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 5,840
News reporter.
That Matt Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 10:12 AM   #9
Hannah
Once more, with feeling!
 
Hannah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,111
What are you people? Freakin' idiots? Just joking

I personally like scientist Ape. Donny and her have like, this bond er something now...
__________________
Hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 10:14 AM   #10
That Matt Guy
Honey Bunches
 
That Matt Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 5,840
Like everyone else, I like her portrayel in the first movie the best. I'm not even going to start on how much they ruined her character in the Secret of the Ooze.
That Matt Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 12:10 PM   #11
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenai

Donny and her have like, this bond er something now...
Finally, I was begining to think I was the only one who noticed.
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 12:48 PM   #12
J Legault
Mad Scientist
 
J Legault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: West Coast
Posts: 2,054
Stockman's assitant which is used in the new show.

In the past I always seen April as a News lady. But in 2002 I learned he true job. either one of them is fine. Today i'm more connected to the new April which is an Antique shop owner or some other new job that will be in the future episodes.
__________________
I am a fan of TMNT and I'm still one today.
I got into the habbit back in 1992 or 93' when I was little. I would like to thank my 2 year older cousin for getting me in the habbit. 2001 was when I revised my knowledge on TMNT. And today I'm a bigger fan than I was years ago. I have all 3 TMNT Movies, current Toon, and old school Toon on DVD.
J Legault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 01:02 PM   #13
cqb101
Cinephile
 
cqb101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 8,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah White
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenai

Donny and her have like, this bond er something now...
Finally, I was begining to think I was the only one who noticed.
You'd have to be pretty blind NOT to notice the bond between them now.
__________________
cqb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 05:51 PM   #14
MW8979
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 431
Gee...an interspecies relationship...what more could we ask for?
MW8979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 06:11 PM   #15
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School
 
Voltron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Realm of SJW
Posts: 4,642
Ooooo, how about some twisted Human/Turtle Hybrid?
Voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 09:09 PM   #16
FALLEN ELDOR
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew138
Like everyone else, I like her portrayel in the first movie the best. I'm not even going to start on how much they ruined her character in the Secret of the Ooze.
What did they do to her is the sequel? I know they changed actresses, but I thought the second April did a fine job with the role.
__________________
The first movie was a perfect balance between the adult comics and the children's cartoon!
FALLEN ELDOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 06:38 AM   #17
cqb101
Cinephile
 
cqb101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 8,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by FALLEN ELDOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew138
Like everyone else, I like her portrayel in the first movie the best. I'm not even going to start on how much they ruined her character in the Secret of the Ooze.
What did they do to her is the sequel? I know they changed actresses, but I thought the second April did a fine job with the role.
And the second April was far better looking.
__________________
cqb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 06:45 AM   #18
MW8979
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 431
I'll second that.
MW8979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 07:00 AM   #19
That Matt Guy
Honey Bunches
 
That Matt Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 5,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by FALLEN ELDOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew138
Like everyone else, I like her portrayel in the first movie the best. I'm not even going to start on how much they ruined her character in the Secret of the Ooze.
What did they do to her is the sequel? I know they changed actresses, but I thought the second April did a fine job with the role.
It's not the actress or her acting, it was the script for the movie that ruined the character. It was as if the writers just crammed her into the plot. Her role was almost totally pointless, except for letting the TMNT shack up at her apartment in the beginning.

I thought the actress from the first movie was better looking btw.
That Matt Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 07:07 AM   #20
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
I though TMNT2 April was cuter... though she didn't look so good in TMNT3. Maybe it was the short hair that messed her up?
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.