The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2004, 01:57 PM   #1
toolmantb
New Recruit
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4
first Black and White book?

View at http://home.comcast.net/~chln/tmnt.JPG

Anyone have any idea what this is worth? Or how I might find out?

It's the same as this one. http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/mirage/one/pg01.htm
toolmantb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 02:11 PM   #2
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
There's been quite a number of those on eBay in the last few months, though few and far between lately. I saw the prices for it range between $20-$40.

Just to clarify, it is a collected book of the first 11 issues plus the 4 one shots. It's not the first issue by itself.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 02:43 PM   #3
MTN889
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: I would tell you, but i fear an attack of AOL Trial CDs.
Posts: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo
There's been quite a number of those on eBay in the last few months, though few and far between lately. I saw the prices for it range between $20-$40.

Just to clarify, it is a collected book of the first 11 issues plus the 4 one shots. It's not the first issue by itself.
20-40? I'm sure I've seen it for much more...
MTN889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 02:46 PM   #4
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
Of course, there's always the chance of it selling at a higher price. I was just giving a general idea.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 03:36 PM   #5
Michaelangelo|DAH
Mad Scientist
 
Michaelangelo|DAH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Land Up North ''Denmark''
Posts: 1,299
is that the cover for the collected book vol.1

with issues 1-11 ??
__________________
.....''TMNT, Whatcha get is whatcha see''.-Michaelangelo
Michaelangelo|DAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 05:51 PM   #6
MrPliggins
Foot Elite
 
MrPliggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,050
I think there is a hardcover version of that book, which originally sold for $100 through Mirage, and a softcover version which is the one shown in that picture. I think there were only a limited number of the hardcover one produced, and they are numbered.
It was reprinted once in softcover with a cover painting by A.C. Farley..That's the version I have, and it is a very well read copy...
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 10:03 PM   #7
toolmantb
New Recruit
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4
I've looked everywhere on the internet that has anything to do with TMNT and never see any mention of this B&W book in any listing of TMNT books. What gives?

I don't see anywhere that it says first, second or third copy either? In the front it has letters from Kevin and Peter dated 1988 and in the back it has a small bio of them. So I'm thinking this is a reprint of the first book.

Still, it seems it would be listed somewhere on someones site that have a "complete" list of the books.
toolmantb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 03:43 AM   #8
MrPliggins
Foot Elite
 
MrPliggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,050
It is a collection of the first eleven issues plus the micro-series, so I guess in a way it is a reprint. It did come out in 1988 and if i remember right, the hardcover version is also signed with sketch by eastman and laird.
I think there is an ad for this book in TMNT volume 1 #13.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 07:35 AM   #9
Michaelangelo|DAH
Mad Scientist
 
Michaelangelo|DAH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Land Up North ''Denmark''
Posts: 1,299
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/books/volone1988.htm

your book is probably a reprint
__________________
.....''TMNT, Whatcha get is whatcha see''.-Michaelangelo
Michaelangelo|DAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 09:29 AM   #10
toolmantb
New Recruit
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4
Well I put it up for sale on ebay. Thanks for your help and happy hunting.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...;category=3983
toolmantb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 01:08 PM   #11
Bowser_Koopa
Very yes
 
Bowser_Koopa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Not so far, go back a little
Posts: 1,849
why you say it could be a reprint?
Bowser_Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 03:38 PM   #12
toolmantb
New Recruit
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4
Looks like my book only had one printing so I don't think it's a "reprint". It is the first "book" 1988, a complation of issues #1-11 plus the 4 micro series , but not the first "comic book" (1984) .

I still think it's cool but I would rather someone have it that can add it to their collection and really appreciate it.
toolmantb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 06:16 PM   #13
MrPliggins
Foot Elite
 
MrPliggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,050
There is one reprint, the one with the cover by A.C. Farley..it shows the turtles, casey and april in the sewer looking up at the light from the manhole cover.
The one you have and the hardcover version are both first printings of the collected book because they were printed at the same time.

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/books/volone1988.htm
here is a pic of the softcover version

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/books/hardcover.htm
here is a pic of the hardcover version

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/books/volone1990.htm
here is the one i described above.
I guess they are all on Ninjaturtles.com
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 12:07 AM   #14
TMNTGal
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,061
I was able to get the Soft Cover on eBay for $25. It was very minty. I love this book, the cover is very nice. Still on the lookout for the Hard Cover.
__________________

TMNTGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.