The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2004, 09:14 AM   #1
X
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 767
I don't like this (about the original show on DVD.)

OK, maybe I'm just anal or something. I'm glad they are releasing the original show on DVD, but I'm not to thrilled about the unaired episodes. Why in the world are they gonna include episodes from Season 10 on Season 1? Wouldn't that throw things off? I mean why not add those episodes into Season 10 if they get to it as a boxset. You know. They could have them in chronological order instead of even being extras...

Hopefully this will all be delt with and when they release Season 10 (if Artisan is nice enough to give us all 10 Seasons,) and they put it's airing order on disc...

It's gonna get confusing I think, but I hope not...

-X-
X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 09:17 AM   #2
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
Is this concidered a duplicate post.

I don't like the idea either, mainly because they weren't good episodes....
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 09:18 AM   #3
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
1) How do you know they're from Season 10? More than likely they're from seasons 5 or 6...

2) They're a way to augment the material on the DVD. Think about it, 5 episodes would leave about 3/4 of the space on the DVD empty and wasted, if not more. They also have to put SOME kind of special feature on the DVD if you ask me, considering that the toys weren't released until 1988, and toy commercials on this DVD would seem even less fitting.
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 09:51 AM   #4
Splinter
Radical Rat
 
Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Splinter's Dojo
Posts: 1,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reznorite420
1) How do you know they're from Season 10? More than likely they're from seasons 5 or 6...
Because, they announced what the episodes were. They're Season 10 Red Sky episodes that never aired in some areas.

Season 1 (original 5-part miniseries aired December 1987):
#1.1 Turtle Tracks (a.k.a. "Heroes in a Halfshell")
#1.2 Enter the Shredder
#1.3 A Thing About Rats
#1.4 Hot Rodding Teenagers from Dimension X
#1.5 The Shredder Is Splintered

4 Unaired Episodes:
#10.1 "The Return of Dregg"
#10.2 "Beginning of the End"
#10.6 "The Mobster From Dimension X"
#10.7 "The Day the Earth Disappeared"

[edit by Machi: Uh, spelling check. aww jeez... I Saw all those! theyre not exactly the cream of the crop either... sorry about this, but I cant post until i get my pic up. *pout* ]
__________________

R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Episode Guide
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 10:04 AM   #5
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
I have the script to Mobsters from Dimention X in the Jeffery Scott "How to write for animation" book. I dislike the Dregg episodes greatly, but I admit I am cureous...
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 10:26 AM   #6
Albrecht
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,073
X is right this does suck.
__________________
Albrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 10:32 AM   #7
Gremlin
Foot Soldier
 
Gremlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 242
But that is still season 10 officially, release the damn thing as a separate box set then, with all the eps instead of just some of them.

But I have to admit that they fit better as an extra for season one since both was the more violent (and better written) parts of the series, it wouldn't fit in season 3-4 for instance
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 10:34 AM   #8
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
well

I've even gotta say this sucks and I'm like only of the only people that like those episodes and am a huge lord dregg and mung fan...I love those episodes...but I hardly call them lost because I have them all on tape...
I was really hoping for real honest to goodness lost episodes.....but now I also guess we wont be getting every season seeing as they post episodes from the last season on the first set.....I think thats rather stupid but hey I can't complain to much because now I'll be able to watch the episodes and take screen caps of them lol.
-Vaughn Michael
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 10:58 AM   #9
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
I really couldn't care less what season the bonus episodes are from. If they were from season five, they'd stick out a lot too - that season was less violent, far more 'goofy', and had a different animation style than the miniseries.

Either way, the bonus episodes won't fit in with the miniseries, because the spirit of the miniseries didn't carry on past the miniseries. Season five is a different beast, and so is season ten.

I'm buying the DVD for the first five episodes, not the bonus material. Those extra four episodes are just that - extras, that in no way hinder the experience of seeing the original miniseries on DVD.

So no, not disappointed. In fact, I'm more excited every day.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 11:11 AM   #10
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
Well, perssonally, as much as I dislike the Dregg episodes, I'm glad that they don't have anything like the Wingnut and Screwloose episode, or those ones where they were just making characters based off the toy line for plots.

I hope this thing is released well... I'm still trying to track down the "Super Mario Bros. Super Show" DVD... I am starting to think they made it impossible to find just to P*** me off!
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 05:52 PM   #11
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,682
that's too bad.... the 'shredder in love' episode sounded cool...
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 06:00 PM   #12
coryroo24
Hench Mutant
 
coryroo24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 448
it's not like the old show had that much continuity, I don't think having season 10 eps on the first dvd will confuse anyone.
__________________
coryroo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 06:05 PM   #13
Gremlin
Foot Soldier
 
Gremlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by coryroo24
it's not like the old show had that much continuity, I don't think having season 10 eps on the first dvd will confuse anyone.
But they tried to make some continuity in season 10, releasing just the first half of it as bonus material is just plain stupid then
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 07:27 PM   #14
JoshBYawn
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 293
Really, quit whining, seriously. At least we're getting what we're getting. None of us know the plans for the future, and what we're getting is better than nothing.
JoshBYawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 07:40 PM   #15
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
Maybe... they didn't know how well this would sell, and they wanted to give the extra stuff right off the bat. Just in case.

Not that I'm trying to sound pessimistic or anything. I'm buying these and hope they sell well. Just trying to think of why they'd do it like this.
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 09:03 PM   #16
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,682
They shoulda at least shown REAL unaired eps.... all the eps you guys mentioned were already mentioned on all the tmnt sites...

Maybe they coulda added the Sarnoth saga, the last good saga before the TMNT got TOO goofy... and it woulda set things off for future DVDs.
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 09:24 PM   #17
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,378
"Eye of Sarnoth" is great, but "Big Rip-Off" trilogy and the "Turtles to the Second Power" arcs own...
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 09:53 PM   #18
J Legault
Mad Scientist
 
J Legault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: West Coast
Posts: 2,054
I always wanted to see the episodes of the original TMNT. but with having season 1 and 10 on DVD, that's looking into 2 different timelines. i never seen any of the Europe episodes or any of the other one i'm not too familar.

Atleast 9 episodes is better than no episodes.

April seems to be a long ways ahead.
__________________
I am a fan of TMNT and I'm still one today.
I got into the habbit back in 1992 or 93' when I was little. I would like to thank my 2 year older cousin for getting me in the habbit. 2001 was when I revised my knowledge on TMNT. And today I'm a bigger fan than I was years ago. I have all 3 TMNT Movies, current Toon, and old school Toon on DVD.
J Legault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 10:00 PM   #19
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo
"Eye of Sarnoth"
*CENSORED*
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 10:22 PM   #20
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,682
what happened in 'turtles to the second power' one?
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.