The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2004, 01:53 AM   #1
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Dream...

If I had a million dollars I'd go to Saban Entertainment and buy the rights to Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation. As they are obviously just gonna let the series rot into the dirt, I'd like to take it off their hands. After purchasing the rights to the series I'd go and convince Laird I can turn the show around and make it appeal to ALL fans of the turtles. Firstly I'd make the new NM episodes at more dark and sinister (Think the Mirage comics), more ninja fights, more automotive craziness, more April & Casey, and of course, more Shredder ! I'd probably get better costumes and mouth movments. And I'd include Venus, Bonesteel, Vam Mi, and a more ferrocious Dragon Lord in the new episodes.

Ah, everyone has their dream, please tell me yours.
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 01:55 AM   #2
Dane E5R
Mad Scientist
 
Dane E5R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Topeka, Kansas
Posts: 1,602
My dream...Would be to become a Hollywood mega success and for Shakira to ditch her prince and fall madly in love with me.

Edit: Didn't realize this was all supposed to be turtle related.. Let's see.. There's a TMNT Independant film I've been meaning to make for close to 3 years now. I'd love for that to get off the ground.
__________________
http://www.luckyusshow.com
Dane E5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 02:01 AM   #3
turtleking
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 238
my dream would be a movie star in a new turtles movie and I would be the evil utrom. Oh! wait I'm already an evil utrom from TCRI.
turtleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 03:35 AM   #4
That Matt Guy
Honey Bunches
 
That Matt Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 5,840
I'd buy every known print of the Secret of the Ooze and then dump them all in a volcano. Then build a machine that would erase the existence of the film from mankind's conscience

Or build my own Megazord.
That Matt Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 04:00 AM   #5
Jason
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 184
I'd get the BBC to air the original Ninja Turtles cartoon uncut. I've never single episode of the 'real' original Ninja Turtles cartoon. All I have seen and taped is Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles from the BBC.

I also like to see an improved Ninja Turtles/Power Rangers crossover, since even though I'm a fan of both shows the last one was a bit dissapointing.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 06:59 AM   #6
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
Re: Dream...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah White
As they are obviously just gonna let the series rot into the dirt
That's a bad thing?

Matt: Secret of the Ooze wasn't the third movie, stupid
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 11:36 AM   #7
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
Hmm, I could be wrong, but I think Mirage owns the rights to TNM...

Anyway, my dream is to write and draw a TMNT comic and see it published.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 11:39 AM   #8
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew138
I'd buy every known print of the Secret of the Ooze and then dump them all in a volcano. Then build a machine that would erase the existence of the film from mankind's conscience
If you do, buy me a plane ticket and I'm there to help you
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 12:04 PM   #9
Albrecht
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,073
id buy all turtle toys old and new.
__________________
Albrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 12:09 PM   #10
raphael90
Stone Warrior
 
raphael90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: ...down in the sewer listening to Skinny Puppy...
Posts: 618
dream

Quote:
I'd buy every known print of the Secret of the Ooze and then dump them all in a volcano. Then build a machine that would erase the existence of the film from mankind's conscience
Ouch...tad harsh. I don't hate the movie THAT much...

My dream is to be an industrial musician but that has nothing to do with TMNT though really eh?
__________________

"Babies? These things haven't even been BORN yet!"


-Raphael
raphael90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 01:12 PM   #11
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali
Hmm, I could be wrong, but I think Mirage owns the rights to TNM...
Actually, according to Dan Berger Fox and Saban own the rights to TNM.
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 03:54 PM   #12
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist
 
Ninja Tiptup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali
Hmm, I could be wrong, but I think Mirage owns the rights to TNM...
Actually, according to Dan Berger Fox and Saban own the rights to TNM.
Then you'll love this...

Fox Kids Communications and Saban were bought out by Disney. So now Disney owns TNM. Good luck getting it from them...
__________________
It's weird to be normal, and it's normal to be weird.
Ninja Tiptup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 03:57 PM   #13
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist
 
jeff the cheff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 122 and an eighth
Posts: 2,129
Re: Dream...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah White
If I had a million dollars I'd go to Saban Entertainment and buy the rights to Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation. As they are obviously just gonna let the series rot into the dirt, I'd like to take it off their hands. After purchasing the rights to the series I'd go and convince Laird I can turn the show around and make it appeal to ALL fans of the turtles. Firstly I'd make the new NM episodes at more dark and sinister (Think the Mirage comics), more ninja fights, more automotive craziness, more April & Casey, and of course, more Shredder ! I'd probably get better costumes and mouth movments. And I'd include Venus, Bonesteel, Vam Mi, and a more ferrocious Dragon Lord in the new episodes.

Ah, everyone has their dream, please tell me yours.
If you had a million dollars, why change the next mutation? You would have to change so much about it to make it good, that it would probobly be better to make your own live action show how you want. Thats what I would do.

My dream would probobly be to have a PG-13 or R rated ninja turtle movie. How badass would that be?
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 04:06 PM   #14
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School
 
Voltron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Realm of SJW
Posts: 4,642
I'd build a technodrome and trample cities...
__________________
I AM FOR ACTUAL! . . . and the White Savior. . . and the Right Hand of God. . .
Voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 04:06 PM   #15
Gremlin
Foot Soldier
 
Gremlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Tiptup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali
Hmm, I could be wrong, but I think Mirage owns the rights to TNM...
Actually, according to Dan Berger Fox and Saban own the rights to TNM.
Then you'll love this...

Fox Kids Communications and Saban were bought out by Disney. So now Disney owns TNM. Good luck getting it from them...
Does anyone know why Disney refuses to release TV-series on DVD? Is there any special reason or are they just plain stupid (which is my guess )?
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 04:23 PM   #16
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist
 
Ninja Tiptup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,451
Several reasons I'm sure...

They have a LOT of properties under their control.

They don't know what will sell.

They don't know how popular certain series are.

They have to focus mostly on their movies because those are guarenteed to make some dough.

And yes they're just plain stupid.


They also don't seem to want to put out true box sets. I haven't a clue why... Spider-Man and X-Men box sets would sell like hot cakes. As would Duck Tales, Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, The Tick, Digimon, Power Rangers, etc.
__________________
It's weird to be normal, and it's normal to be weird.
Ninja Tiptup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 04:53 PM   #17
Anonymous
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Me? I'd buy the Haunted Mansion. That's my dream.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 06:15 PM   #18
jestergoblin
Mad Scientist
 
jestergoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,463
I think a Technodrome would cost more than a million...

If I had a million, I'd take my girlfriend on a trip to Europe.

And spend what was left on ninja turtles, magic and videogames
jestergoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 06:57 PM   #19
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant
 
azure turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
My dream? To have the entire run of the original cartoon released on DVD. Hopefully, that'll be happening soon.
*crosses fingers*
Oh, and I guess I'd like to own TNM on DVD as well. But the old 'toon takes priority.
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!"

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 07:14 PM   #20
turtleking
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by azure turtle
My dream? To have the entire run of the original cartoon released on DVD. Hopefully, that'll be happening soon.
*crosses fingers*
Oh, and I guess I'd like to own TNM on DVD as well. But the old 'toon takes priority.
thats a pretty good dream were can I buy one like that.
turtleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.