The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2004, 03:53 PM   #1
Gremlin
Foot Soldier
 
Gremlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 242
Info about the north european TMNT DVD releases

I know these things have been out for a kinda long time but I can't recall seeing any info on them from before. And I guess someone might be interested in what's on theese discs. And I figured that the interest of them might be higher now since the real thing is released soon.

To clear things up, this is the seven DVDs of the old TMNT toon released only in northern Europe (except Iceland). There is no original english voices on them, just the “native ones”. The voice acting really sucks (atleast the swedish one, but I can't imagine the other ones good either)since they seems to have thought that less is more, meaning that they used about 3-4 voice actors for the whole show, cheaper but not good in any quality perspective.

And by the way, our vhs releases from back when TMNT were on TV is the exact same as theese things.

Tech spec (same for all the discs):
Orginal title: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Category: Animated
Picture: 4:3 full format
Sound: Dolby Digital Mono (swedish, danish, finnish, norwegian)
DVD region: 2

And here's a pic of the langage Selection


And now to the discs. I've written down the original title, the swedish “translation” and another english translation from the swedish title so that you can see how stupid they translated some of the episode-names.

Disc one

Runtime: 67 min

The epic begins - så började det hela – How it all began
1.1 Turtle tracks
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/cartoon/guide/cart001.htm
1.2 enter the shredder
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/cartoon/guide/cart002.htm
1.3 A thing about rats
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/cartoon/guide/cart003.htm
1.4 hot rodding teenagers from dimension X
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/cartoon/guide/cart004.htm
1.5 Shredder & splintered
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/cartoon/guide/cart005.htm

NOTE: Yes, this is the infamous “The epic begins” where the first five episodes were edited into one episode. There really is no logical sense behind the editing and the episode is not near as good as the five episodes are as separate ones.

Disc two

Runtime: 66 min

2.6 The case of the killer pizzas - de läskiga pizzorna - The scary pizzas
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/cartoon/guide/cart011.htm

2.7 Enter: the fly - den farliga flugan - the dangerous fly
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/cartoon/guide/cart012.htm

2.1 Return of the shredder - Direkt från kloaken - straight from the sewers
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/cartoon/guide/cart006.htm

Disc three

Runtime: 67 min

2.10 Invasion of the punk frogs - punkgrodorna anfaller -----
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/cartoon/guide/cart015.htm

2.11 New yorks shiniest - de starkaste i new york - the strongest in new york
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/cartoon/guide/cart016.htm

1.2 Enter the shredder - shredder går över gränsen - Shredder crosses the line
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/cartoon/guide/cart002.htm

NOTE: yes, here's one full episode from the first season for som strange reason

Disc four

Runtime: 67 min

3.16 Four musketurtles - de fyra muske-turtles -----
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/cartoon/guide/cart034.htm

3.9 Enter the rat king - Råttornas konung ---- The king of rats
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/cartoon/guide/cart027.htm

1.3 A thing about rats - cowabunga ------
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/cartoon/guide/cart003.htm

NOTE: yes, here's another full episode from the first season for som strange reason

Disc five

Runtime: 66 min

3.12 Attack of big macc - robotkriget - the robot war
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/cartoon/guide/cart030.htm

2.12 The catwoman from channel six - en allvarligt situation - a serious situation
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/cartoon/guide/cart017.htm

2.9 Teenagers from dimension X - vänner från dimension x - friends from dimension x
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/cartoon/guide/cart014.htm

Disc six

Runtime: 66 min

3.14 20,000 leaks under the city - turtlarna på toppen - The turtles at the top
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/cartoon/guide/cart032.htm

2.13 Return of the technodrome - världens undergång - The end of the world
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/cartoon/guide/cart018.htm

3.15 Take me to your leader - vi är bara de bästa - We're simply the best
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/cartoon/guide/cart033.htm

Disc seven

Runtime: 66 min

3.10 Turtles at the earth core - turtlarna i jordens inre ----
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/cartoon/guide/cart028.htm

3.8 The fifth turtle - den femte turtlen -----
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/cartoon/guide/cart026.htm

2.8 Splinter no more - Splinter får problem - Splinter gets in trouble
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/cartoon/guide/cart013.htm

That's about it. All discs has different colored backgrounds with the logo and the for turtles' heads on it, I don't want to scan them but I think you get the picture anyway.

If there's some half-crazy collector who just need to have theese DVDs, PM me and I'll guide you through some swedish site that has them and handles international orders

(and yes, I can make a dvd-rip of the intro, just need to get my new computer before I can do that)
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 11:03 PM   #2
Deathknight
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: One of the 972 rooms of the technodrome
Posts: 1,995
Soooooo many posts about the old toon DVD. Can we please just stick to one thread please?
__________________
Shredder: "Ninja hall of fame? Ha! Where's MY statue?!"
-My Brother, the Bad Guy
Deathknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 11:45 PM   #3
tOkKa
tOkKie-Pokie,puddin'n PIE
 
tOkKa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pajamas out of the water on the elephant was sweating a lemon.
Posts: 1,729
Quote:
D.knight:..Soooooo many posts about the old toon DVD.
-->> well ..are there othe threads about the N.Euro releases of it on DVD..

..i think this thread is damm intresting..
__________________
666

!!terrible2z/GGM!!/T.G.R.I./ ..モンスターのカメを解読しなさい。
tOkKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 11:55 AM   #4
Sparvid
Stone Warrior
 
Sparvid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Östersund, Sweden
Posts: 860
Re: Info about the north european TMNT DVD releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin
(and yes, I can make a dvd-rip of the intro, just need to get my new computer before I can do that)
I haven't actually seen a swedish episode for many many years, but was the intro translated?
Sparvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 02:01 PM   #5
Michaelangelo|DAH
Mad Scientist
 
Michaelangelo|DAH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Land Up North ''Denmark''
Posts: 1,299
Nope.

Well, at leat it wasn't in Denmark

and I don't think it was in Sweden either
__________________
.....''TMNT, Whatcha get is whatcha see''.-Michaelangelo
Michaelangelo|DAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 04:55 AM   #6
Gremlin
Foot Soldier
 
Gremlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 242
Re: Info about the north european TMNT DVD releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin
(and yes, I can make a dvd-rip of the intro, just need to get my new computer before I can do that)
I haven't actually seen a swedish episode for many many years, but was the intro translated?
There's the funny part. The original VHS-releases, wich is exactly the same as the DVDs here had the edited "hero turtles" intro but on the DVD, there is the original Ninja turtles intro.

Very strange but that's the fact
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dvd releases


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.