The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2004, 05:48 PM   #1
Trunks
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: somewhere in time
Posts: 198
DVD update

this is awsome http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=1067
it looks like thats might not be the cover art.
Trunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 06:18 PM   #2
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
*says to himself*

I will not post timeline.png...
I will not post timeline.png...
I will not post timeline.png...
I will not post timeline.png...

*stops talking to himself*
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 06:33 PM   #3
Stone Ill
Mad Scientist
 
Stone Ill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Posts: 2,397
Go on, DO IT!
Stone Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 07:08 PM   #4
Deathknight
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: One of the 972 rooms of the technodrome
Posts: 1,995
link doesn't work and it's old news.
__________________
Shredder: "Ninja hall of fame? Ha! Where's MY statue?!"
-My Brother, the Bad Guy
Deathknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 08:17 PM   #5
Cima
Thug
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 68
Here's an update...

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem...89&Nav=Yes

We got our wish (possibly, it's not 100% confirmed yet...)

"Though we've been unsuccessful in getting Lions Gate/Artisan to go on-the-record about this (so far, anyway), we do have some tentative word from a source connected with the production of the TMNT release. And good word it is, too! The word is, it seems, that the DVDs will contain the long version of the five episodes from the pilot mini-series, as originally aired. Not the seventy-minute "The Epic Begins" version that was previously planned for these DVDs."
Cima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 08:25 PM   #6
Stone Ill
Mad Scientist
 
Stone Ill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Posts: 2,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathknight
link doesn't work and it's old news.
Link does work, you silly man.
Stone Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 09:12 PM   #7
Splinter
Radical Rat
 
Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Splinter's Dojo
Posts: 1,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Ill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathknight
link doesn't work and it's old news.
Link does work, you silly man.
But it's still old news.
__________________

R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Episode Guide
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 09:45 PM   #8
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul
 
Cascadia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
I looked at the link from Amazon.com and there is some bad news if you live outside of USA or Canada.

Encoding: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. This DVD will probably NOT be viewable in other countries.

As of right now, there are no special extras on the DVDs.
__________________

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 09:48 PM   #9
Splinter
Radical Rat
 
Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Splinter's Dojo
Posts: 1,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scienctific freak
I looked at the link from Amazon.com and there is some bad news if you live outside of USA or Canada.

Encoding: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. This DVD will probably NOT be viewable in other countries.

As of right now, there are no special extras on the DVDs.
That's commen. 99% of all DVD's released in the U.S. and Canada are Region 1. Every major area of the world has different regions, that won't work outside that area without a multi-region player.
__________________

R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Episode Guide
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 09:52 PM   #10
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul
 
Cascadia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Splinter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scienctific freak
I looked at the link from Amazon.com and there is some bad news if you live outside of USA or Canada.

Encoding: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. This DVD will probably NOT be viewable in other countries.

As of right now, there are no special extras on the DVDs.
That's commen. 99% of all DVD's released in the U.S. and Canada are Region 1. Every major area of the world has different regions, that won't work outside that area without a multi-region player.
yes, I am aware of the regions of DVDs.
__________________

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 09:54 PM   #11
Splinter
Radical Rat
 
Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Splinter's Dojo
Posts: 1,531
Then how is it bad news? It's a commen thing.
__________________

R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Episode Guide
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 05:44 PM   #12
Trunks
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: somewhere in time
Posts: 198
sorry, just didnt know if anyone kne what the "never before seen eps were".
Trunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 09:05 PM   #13
Deathknight
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: One of the 972 rooms of the technodrome
Posts: 1,995
I guess the server was down when I tried the link cause it didn't work for me then.
__________________
Shredder: "Ninja hall of fame? Ha! Where's MY statue?!"
-My Brother, the Bad Guy
Deathknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 10:26 PM   #14
Stone Ill
Mad Scientist
 
Stone Ill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Posts: 2,397
No, it's because he put the word 'awesome' right infront of it.
Stone Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 04:29 PM   #15
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
I just can't wait to get this DVD!!
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 05:00 PM   #16
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
It seems we have David Wise to thank for the unedited mini series. Best old show writer indeed.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 10:31 AM   #17
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist
 
Ninja Tiptup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,451
That current box art sure make me nostalgic. Sure its corny as heck but so were most of the box arts back then. However they should go with something a bit more serious looking if they expect older fans to buy this.

You know how classic that box looks? Its even got a color error! Look at Raph. He's got belt straps. I think he was suppose to be Leonardo. Now that really reminds me of the old show.
__________________
It's weird to be normal, and it's normal to be weird.
Ninja Tiptup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 10:36 AM   #18
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
It is a quick Mock up, and the disk could contain reused video covers as a worst case scenario.

I'd like to see (if it were indeed a box set) a giant shell type design on the box with the classic TMNT logo on them!
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 10:38 AM   #19
Anarky
Outlaw Hero
 
Anarky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Tannhauser Gate
Posts: 4,867
where d'you see the box art?
Anarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 04:50 PM   #20
J Legault
Mad Scientist
 
J Legault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: West Coast
Posts: 2,054
This DVD will be on my "must get DVD list". I must see more of the Original TMNT.
__________________
I am a fan of TMNT and I'm still one today.
I got into the habbit back in 1992 or 93' when I was little. I would like to thank my 2 year older cousin for getting me in the habbit. 2001 was when I revised my knowledge on TMNT. And today I'm a bigger fan than I was years ago. I have all 3 TMNT Movies, current Toon, and old school Toon on DVD.
J Legault is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.