The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2004, 09:22 AM   #1
Mr. Stay Puft
Stone Warrior
 
Mr. Stay Puft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: NH
Posts: 580
Is Raph a lefty?

I was having a conversation with one of my friends about weapon fighting. He had mentioned something about the proper way to hold sais in battle. One of the points he made suggested that, judging by the way Raph holds his sais in the picture below, Raph might be left handed. Then the subject changed and he claimed that it has been said in the first movie and the original cartoon that he's a lefty. I can't recall anything ever being said about any of the Turtles being lefty. Can somebody help me? I'm curious.
__________________


And there came a day. A day unlike any other, when Earth’s mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat, to fight the foes no single superhero could withstand. On that day, the Avengers were born.

R.I.P Chi Cheng and Jeff Hanneman
Mr. Stay Puft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 09:36 AM   #2
Taloniss
Mad Scientist
 
Taloniss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,819
I don't ever remember anyone stating which hand any of the TMNT were, but it's possible.
Taloniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 10:31 AM   #3
Anarky
Outlaw Hero
 
Anarky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Tannhauser Gate
Posts: 4,867
what "picture below"?
Anarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 10:35 AM   #4
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
Well, it's been shown in almost every universe that Mike is left handed, but I don't think any of the others have been determined, whether in how they hold a weapon or a pencil, nor have we been straight out told. I don't think.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 01:35 PM   #5
raphael_is_cool
Mad Scientist
 
raphael_is_cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 2,151
Judging by that pic though I think if I held sais with one up and one down I'd do it like that and I'm right handed

But just thinking about it I remember instances of Raph maybe being left handed (and left footed) in the new series

- In 'Meet Casey Jones' his really hard punch that sends Mikey flying is with his left hand

- His first kick when charging at the elite foot and that sends one flying is with his left foot

- He generally blocks with his left hand (but then I probably would to then counter with a stronger right)

But then again maybe I've put too much thought into it because it's most likely influenced by whoever draws it (for comics and animated series) or actors (for live action series and films)

And after all maybe mutant turtles are ambidextrous...

Interesting topic though
raphael_is_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 02:10 PM   #6
cqb101
Cinephile
 
cqb101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 8,489
I think he's probably ambebextrous(sp?). He can spin them and do pretty much everything with his sais with both hands, and at the same time, too.
__________________
cqb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 02:36 PM   #7
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali
Well, it's been shown in almost every universe that Mike is left handed, but I don't think any of the others have been determined, whether in how they hold a weapon or a pencil, nor have we been straight out told. I don't think.
Really? Wow, I didn't know that... I guess I never really thought about it. Interesting, and good to know.

I'd guess, that concerning their weapons they're all pretty much ambidextrous. I'm sure that Splinter taught them to use both hands, just in case something happened during combat. Also, even if someone is right-handed, their strong side can be their left. I'm right-handed, but I do lots of stuff left-handed (enough for people to ask me if I am a lefty)...

Or... he could be a lefty.

Wow, this is an interesting topic... making me think.
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 03:17 PM   #8
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist
 
jeff the cheff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 122 and an eighth
Posts: 2,129
What hand did donatello use when he drew a stick figure in the king?
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 08:37 PM   #9
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
The right, I think... I gotta go watch it again, now...
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 08:43 PM   #10
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Kali's right, Mikey's a lefty. Find a comic/episode with him writing and it's always with his left hand.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 04:46 AM   #11
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
ya know they can flip pictures hehe...

he's ambidextrous
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 08:15 AM   #12
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
You can flip pictures, but Mike's still left handed.

I shall take it to Peter if I must
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 10:37 AM   #13
Stone Ill
Mad Scientist
 
Stone Ill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Posts: 2,397
Damn lefties..

*shakes right fist*
Stone Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 01:43 PM   #14
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
hehehe...


SOUTHPAWS UNITE!!!

Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 01:53 PM   #15
Meeko
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Ill
Damn lefties..

*shakes right fist*
Hey im a lefty

anyway i think there all ambidextrous but maight have a slightly stronger hand
__________________
Absolutely not a signature.
Meeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 06:27 PM   #16
Ace Duck
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 46
I thought all the turtles could write with both hands. They're all naturally amphibious, right?

*groan*

(Sorry, but somebody had to say it.)
Ace Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 06:33 PM   #17
cyborg
Mouser
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 13
The real question is is Raph a lefty communist?

He does wear a red head band after all.

I guess that would make Don gay, Leonardo conservative and Mikey raving loony party - or something.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 06:37 PM   #18
host_punktmy
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Shadow Moses
Posts: 469
Oh of all the pointless conversations... I think they're ambidextris since they are in fact ninjas and were prbably raised by Splinter to use both of thier hands.
__________________
"Eat this"

www.geocities.com/kingsofpain408 This is our site
host_punktmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.