The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: TMNT4 should be based on...
TMNT4 should take off where the movies/NM left off. 7 17.95%
It should be based on the new cartoon. 8 20.51%
None, a completely new film all together. 24 61.54%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2004, 05:05 PM   #1
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
If there is a new movie...

If they do make a TMNT movie, what would you like it to be based on?
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 05:15 PM   #2
Spectre
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: U.S.A
Posts: 124
something tells me the new movie (if there was one coming, that is) should be based on their lives after their teen years. (Adulthood)

But, I thought twice about that idea, since it seemed odd to me, and I think it should go along the lines of the new episodes.
__________________




I'm a kid working at Kroger, so what!
Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 05:22 PM   #3
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist
 
jeff the cheff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 122 and an eighth
Posts: 2,129
I would like to see a movie based on issue 1 of the original comic book.
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 05:53 PM   #4
Taloniss
Mad Scientist
 
Taloniss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,819
New story, live action film, dark atmosphere.
Taloniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 05:58 PM   #5
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
I would like the new movie to be based off the new show.
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 06:29 PM   #6
Wes
Mad Scientist
 
Wes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A very scary place. With crayons!
Posts: 1,607
Completely new here. A movie with the Turtles as adults would be really cool...I'd like that, but I'd rather it not be explicitly based on entire storylines that came before. I'd prefer that they keep the old origin story and a few of the past bits (like the original movie/comic conflict with the Shredder), with a few new developments that supposedly happened in the intervening years. And I love Splinter, so I'm not sure it's right for me to say I'd like to see him die in a new film...but yeah, the poor guy should go.

(Btw, what issues had Splinter's death in the comics? I'd like to read them so I can cry...)
__________________


* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?


Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 06:34 PM   #7
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Mirage vol.4 issue #10.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 06:49 PM   #8
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Well I for one would like to see it take of after the last three film/Next Mutation show. It can be aimed at more mature audiences like the new show. You know, very dark and violent. Maybe this is how it could play, The turtles defeat the Dragon Lord (Who is now a giant fire-breathing monster), but no sooner than the dragons falls, The Shredder come back. It could be revealed that the Super Shredder reverted back to normal Shredder by finding one of those cubes the turtles used on Tokka and Razar. As for Dr. Perry, they could reveal him to be a Utrom. But having retrieved the last TGRI canister, an evil Utrom named Krang comes and assassinates Perry, taking the canister of ooze from him. It could turn out that Krang has been providing the Shredder with Utrom equipment, to try to help him get back on his feet, they were just biding their time awaiting for the fall of the Rank, now The Foot is back...
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 07:12 PM   #9
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist
 
jeff the cheff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 122 and an eighth
Posts: 2,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah White
Well I for one would like to see it take of after the last three film/Next Mutation show. It can be aimed at more mature audiences like the new show. You know, very dark and violent. Maybe this is how it could play, The turtles defeat the Dragon Lord (Who is now a giant fire-breathing monster), but no sooner than the dragons falls, The Shredder come back. It could be revealed that the Super Shredder reverted back to normal Shredder by finding one of those cubes the turtles used on Tokka and Razar. As for Dr. Perry, they could reveal him to be a Utrom. But having retrieved the last TGRI canister, an evil Utrom named Krang comes and assassinates Perry, taking the canister of ooze from him. It could turn out that Krang has been providing the Shredder with Utrom equipment, to try to help him get back on his feet, they were just biding their time awaiting for the fall of the Rank, now The Foot is back...
That is very interesting, but it doesn't make much sense. They should disregard anything that happened past the first movie, especially the next mutation. Nobody has seen it, so they will have no idea what it was if they saw the movie.
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 07:37 PM   #10
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Not unless they make an opening scene explaining what has previously happened.
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 07:55 PM   #11
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah White
Not unless they make an opening scene explaining what has previously happened.
Except Next Mutation was'nt part of movie continunity, and it sucked b*lls, get over it.

They won't, if there IS a new movie, it will be a completly new beggining, re-telling the story and possibly adapt MIRAGE a little more closely
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 08:00 PM   #12
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah White
Not unless they make an opening scene explaining what has previously happened.
Except Next Mutation was'nt part of movie continunity, and it sucked b*lls, get over it.

They won't, if there IS a new movie, it will be a completly new beggining, re-telling the story and possibly adapt MIRAGE a little more closely
I think your the one who needs to get over it, if you sent more time paying attention to the show and less time critizing Venus you would have noticed the following

1) The subway lair is exactly the same as it was in the movies
2) The Foot Ninjas in both the films and the TV show wear the same uniform.
3) Splinter's ear was cut.
4) Shredder's face is scarred
5) Shredder's exact quote, "When I'm done with you freeks, I'll find your furry rat friend, and slice off his other ear!"
6) And for the record, Splinter quote in the first movie "I jumped at Saki's face, bitting and clawing, but he throw me to the ground and took one swipe with his Katana slicing my ear".
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 08:00 PM   #13
Wes
Mad Scientist
 
Wes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A very scary place. With crayons!
Posts: 1,607
Karpo: Thanks! I'll have to look for that.

Jarrah: What Jeff said -- that made for an interesting post, but I think I'd be wishing for one of your double katanas so I could cleave the screen in two if I ever saw that in a theater.

Zarius: And what are you talking about?!?!?!? NEXT MUTATION WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Way better than Smallville.

Oddly enough, I think I meant that seriously. If they ever release NM on dvd, I'm all over it.

Also, I think that they're bloody television shows and movies about mutant turtles, and while I'm all up for discussing the merits of this or that regarding a series, I don't think that there's anything here that one needs to "get over"... And I hope you two aren't seriously upset about the issue. Now kiss and make up!
__________________


* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?


Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 08:05 PM   #14
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes
Zarius: And what are you talking about?!?!?!? NEXT MUTATION WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Way better than Smallville.

Oddly enough, I think I meant that seriously. If they ever release NM on dvd, I'm all over it.
Don't bother talking to Zarius, it's his hobby; showing a negitive attitude to anything NM, and trying to pick a fight with anyone who does like it.
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 08:12 PM   #15
Wes
Mad Scientist
 
Wes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A very scary place. With crayons!
Posts: 1,607
Ack, sorry Jarrah -- I meant to edit that before anyone else posted again. But yeah, the comment still stands -- they're shows about mutant turtles for chrissakes! Not that I don't dig the green guys, of course.

Honestly I think NM was pretty bad (what I saw of it, anyway, which admittedly wasn't much), but it was bad in that way that makes things must-haves. This probably has something to do with the fact that it was a show about mutant turtles -- it's kinda hard for that to be really offensive.

And why not talk to Zarius? I'm already under the impression that he/she doesn't like me -- after all, I'm not a "true fan" of Buffy and Angel, and I'm probably not a "true fan" of the TMNT either -- but the feeling's far from mutual.
__________________


* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?


Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 08:18 PM   #16
Shreddette
Hench Mutant
 
Shreddette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Chained to Shredders Bed
Posts: 402
Of course I want it to be based around the old cartoon series. I want my Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady and Shredder as he was in the cartoon.

Just one movie like that is all I ask...

God, I just can't let it go.
Shreddette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 08:22 PM   #17
Wes
Mad Scientist
 
Wes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A very scary place. With crayons!
Posts: 1,607
Hm, I'm not sure if that would work. A live-action Krang would give kids nightmares.
__________________


* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?


Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 08:59 PM   #18
MW8979
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 431
Need to show Krang and the Technodrome. I understand before it would have been more difficult to do (although not impossible), but now it should be very easy with all the computers. It would cost a lot less and I'm sure it can be a very interesting story too.
MW8979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 09:05 PM   #19
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul
 
Cascadia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
i think that the new movie needs to be similar to the new series. .
__________________

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 09:17 PM   #20
raphael90
Stone Warrior
 
raphael90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: ...down in the sewer listening to Skinny Puppy...
Posts: 618
new movie

I'm not entirely sure what I'd like it to be about, whatever it is (if it does happen) I'll support it most likely. I have a hard time thinking what they could do for a story in a fourth one if they do stay with the old movie line, but I guess the skies the limit. I might be slightly miffed if they start a whole new beginning story.
__________________

"Babies? These things haven't even been BORN yet!"


-Raphael
raphael90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.