The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: whould you want tmnt education shows?
yes 7 31.82%
no 1 4.55%
no!!!!!!!!! way!! 14 63.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2004, 06:44 PM   #1
Brandatello
Hench Mutant
 
Brandatello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: CNY
Posts: 364
hmmmmmmmm

did you know they are making tmnt shoes? and wristbands? and education shows? haha just kidding bout that, education shows ... HA!! thats scary!!!
__________________
Brandatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 06:49 PM   #2
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
I think my sanity has just jumped out the window.
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 07:03 PM   #3
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
yea, i know about the shoes, and the wrisbands, I saw a kid where a bunch of TMNT stuff the other day.
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 08:17 PM   #4
THE-X-FLO
Foot Soldier
 
THE-X-FLO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 242
I don't understand the meaning of education shows? What's the point?
__________________
In the darkest of hours... in the greatest of battles... we must never forget who, or what, we are
THE-X-FLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 08:26 PM   #5
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School
 
Voltron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Realm of SJW
Posts: 4,642
I loved the no smoking cartoon with Michaelangelo and the Muppet Babies
__________________
I AM FOR ACTUAL! . . . and the White Savior. . . and the Right Hand of God. . .
Voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 09:36 PM   #6
raphael90
Stone Warrior
 
raphael90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: ...down in the sewer listening to Skinny Puppy...
Posts: 618
education

Lol, I remember watching that anti-drug cartoon with Alf, Garfield, Muppet Babies and the TMNT (was it just Michaelangelo? I really don't remember what part he played). They showed it in like first or second grade...I enjoyed it because all my favorite characters were in it. They can make TMNT educational stuff if they want, doesn't mean I'm gonna wanna watch it or anything.

Incidentally remember on the episode (I think it was "New York's Shiniest") where the Turtles drove the van into the water to escape the robot cops? They come up to the surface and start commenting on how water is our natural resource? I found that funny...wonder if the TV network had them squeeze that in so there would be some kind of educational material in the cartoon???
__________________

"Babies? These things haven't even been BORN yet!"


-Raphael
raphael90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 09:58 PM   #7
Skeletoncrew
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bearing in on your spicy brains
Posts: 3,275
I'd love to see a safe sex announcment from the Turtles.
__________________

Adult TMNT fan art and fiction contest Now accepting entries!
Skeletoncrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 01:50 PM   #8
Savanti Romero
Stone Warrior
 
Savanti Romero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 600
I want to see some more educational tid bits from the Turtles.
__________________
"The sceptor has returned at last; and it's all mine!"
-Savanti Romero, Vol. 1 issue 47 1992
AKA: [email protected]
utromheadquarters.0catch.com
Savanti Romero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 02:39 PM   #9
Brandatello
Hench Mutant
 
Brandatello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: CNY
Posts: 364
i just got

i just got a tmnt 2 the secret of the ooze official movie magizine! did any one knew they exisit? it has alot of stuff. i got it at ravenswood in new heartferd, ny! sweet! huh! or
__________________
Brandatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 02:53 PM   #10
Brandatello
Hench Mutant
 
Brandatello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: CNY
Posts: 364
i just got

i just got a tmnt 2 the secret of the ooze official movie magizine! did any one knew they exisit? it has alot of stuff. i got it at ravenswood in new heartferd, ny! sweet! huh! or
__________________
Brandatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 08:59 PM   #11
Spectre
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: U.S.A
Posts: 124
Ed.. Ed.. Ed.. EDUCATIONAL SHOWS?!?!?!

*THUD!!*

(Faints from the thought of another educational program involving the TMNT)
__________________




I'm a kid working at Kroger, so what!
Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 10:51 PM   #12
MTN889
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: I would tell you, but i fear an attack of AOL Trial CDs.
Posts: 665
[Mod edit by Machi: You sir, gotta relax on people... leave the modding to the mods... ]
MTN889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 11:22 PM   #13
Stone Ill
Mad Scientist
 
Stone Ill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Posts: 2,397
I'm gangsta.
Stone Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 01:46 AM   #14
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur
 
Tetsu Deinonychus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Studio Snowlion HQ
Posts: 3,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletoncrew
I'd love to see a safe sex announcment from the Turtles.
I like the way you think!!!
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 01:59 AM   #15
Skeletoncrew
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bearing in on your spicy brains
Posts: 3,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by TetsuDeinonychus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletoncrew
I'd love to see a safe sex announcment from the Turtles.
I like the way you think!!!
Leonardo: Remember folks, always sheath your "katana"!
__________________

Adult TMNT fan art and fiction contest Now accepting entries!
Skeletoncrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 06:00 AM   #16
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
LOL,
"Raphael and don't forget to ask first"
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 09:28 AM   #17
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
yeh, naughty mod here... :P

Don: "Its not the size of your staff that matters, its How you use it."
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 01:43 PM   #18
Wes
Mad Scientist
 
Wes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A very scary place. With crayons!
Posts: 1,607
Splinter: "Strike hard and fade away without a trace!"

Ugh

I voted yes! But not regarding sex ed TMNT shows...I don't think there are nearly enough shows with positive values for kids today, and I recall that many of my views on goodness, etc., first came to me in simplified form via the cartoons I watched and comics I read (TMNT played a big role here -- particularly the wisdoms of SPLINTA). And of course you had/have characters like Donatello who emphasize learning (but goofy Michelangelo is always the favorite of the kids...). So yeah, I think the kids of today desperately need something like that, with the anime invasion and the dubs being stripped of any thought-provoking content they might've contained in their original form. And the stuff on CBS and Disney just suck for the most part...and the Nicktoons are fun, but they're a little too weird to have anything truly meaningful to say to the youngsters. Give us more speeches from Leonardo on honor!
__________________


* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?


Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 04:19 PM   #19
Skeletoncrew
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bearing in on your spicy brains
Posts: 3,275
Shredder: "Remember, kidnapping is only an acceptable way to get a date if you're a cartoon villain, and even then it gets you slapped a lot. Always wear a cup."
__________________

Adult TMNT fan art and fiction contest Now accepting entries!
Skeletoncrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 04:26 PM   #20
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
This thread is too good. *needs to think of a Mikey 'educational' line... *
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.