The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2004, 07:35 PM   #1
raphael90
Stone Warrior
 
raphael90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: ...down in the sewer listening to Skinny Puppy...
Posts: 618
Turtles Of The Jungle VHS

They have this tape on a clearance shelf at the local video rental place. Are the two eps on this one any good? Thanks for any help...
__________________

"Babies? These things haven't even been BORN yet!"


-Raphael
raphael90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 07:38 PM   #2
Wes
Mad Scientist
 
Wes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A very scary place. With crayons!
Posts: 1,607
Hah, I just read that episode title in another thread...apparently "Turtles of the Jungle" is a favorite of TMNTFanCrys or something. I can't recall what happened in it myself (did I even see it? I dunno!), but in any case you can't go wrong with clearance Tatorusu.
__________________


* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?


Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 09:03 PM   #3
Deathknight
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: One of the 972 rooms of the technodrome
Posts: 1,995
Both episodes are kind of weird, Turtlemaniac especially. I'm not giving you a synposis because that would take too long and you can read a detailed one of the official site anyway. Overall, not really a TMNT vhs I would recommend. Out of the Hollywood Dudes VHS, by far my favorite is Planet of the turtles.
__________________
Shredder: "Ninja hall of fame? Ha! Where's MY statue?!"
-My Brother, the Bad Guy
Deathknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 09:41 PM   #4
THE-X-FLO
Foot Soldier
 
THE-X-FLO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 242
I didn't like Turtles of the Jungle too much, it was too goofy I guess.
However, Turtlemaniak, despite the fact that Shredder and Krang were absent, was very original, and it didn't involve a stupid mad scientist.
__________________
In the darkest of hours... in the greatest of battles... we must never forget who, or what, we are
THE-X-FLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 01:51 PM   #5
TMNTFanCrys
Thug
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Louisiana, USA
Posts: 63
Well...

I did like the first episode for two main reasons:

1) Being the obvious, in a big way, it was a Don ep (the pun NOT intended) And being a Donny fan myself, when I was younger I couldn't really "catch" which ones mainly focused on Don and

2) It was the only old episode I did remember nowadays, from back then, before I even saw it again recently.

I thought the second episode was okay too. But if you wanna hear a full synapses of perhaps the first episode on that tape from someone who has seen it, I'd be willing to. You can either e-mail me at [email protected] or buzz me on AIM (MuRdOcZoMbIeLuVr) or Yahoo (Eri8321317). Hope to hear from you possibly.
TMNTFanCrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 02:05 PM   #6
MrPliggins
Foot Elite
 
MrPliggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,050
I thought Turtles of the Jungle was pretty cool at the time, but the animation looks very rushed and horrible.

(vines ripping throughout the lair)
Don: Do you know what this means?
Raph: Somebody traded our cow for a handful of beans?

Turtlemaniac is an ok ep, but kinda corny. It's cool to see wax versions of all the Turtles' enemies though..even Ogg is in there! The thing weird about this ep is...he actually wants to turn the live turtles into wax statues. At least I think that's how it went.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 12:31 PM   #7
Lisardo
Stone Warrior
 
Lisardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 702
I liked "Turtlemaniac" alot. It reminds us fans of how crazy some other fans out there could really be. And there are some fans out there (of anything, not just TMNT necessarily) who do act crazy and do harmful things. Look at the movie "The Bodyguard" for example, an obsessed fan was sending threatening letters to this famous singer Rachel Marron (Whitney Houston). In the ep, this guy was so obsessed with TMNT that he was willing to kill them and set them up as statues in his, 'fake Turtle lair'. I'd hope none of us TMNT fans would go that nuts, lol! About the mad scientist thing, he wasn't one, but still he acted alittle like one when he tried to dump April in that vat of wax, sounds alittle mad-scientisty to me. So I agree that it was an original ep.
__________________
"Look I'm not gonna stop doing what's right just because it's not appreciated." -Leo

Lisardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 01:09 PM   #8
Wes
Mad Scientist
 
Wes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A very scary place. With crayons!
Posts: 1,607
I think if the Turtles were real I'd be scared as hell of them. This morning I was looking at some of the comic pics of them without their masks...freaky ****. But I guess they'd grow on you after a while...
__________________


* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?


Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 01:18 PM   #9
THE-X-FLO
Foot Soldier
 
THE-X-FLO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 242
In the old toon they were so cute when the put their masks off
__________________
In the darkest of hours... in the greatest of battles... we must never forget who, or what, we are
THE-X-FLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 02:42 PM   #10
Orochi Chimera
Mad Scientist
 
Orochi Chimera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,289
How much of a clearance price are we talking about here? If it's real cheap you might as well buy it. I don't remember those episodes in particular so I can't give you an opinion on that.
Orochi Chimera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 03:46 PM   #11
raphael90
Stone Warrior
 
raphael90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: ...down in the sewer listening to Skinny Puppy...
Posts: 618
....

Oh its like $4 or something...I know, I should just pick it up. I'm just so picky with my money and I have so little. I need to get off my butt and get a job...
__________________

"Babies? These things haven't even been BORN yet!"


-Raphael
raphael90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 04:04 PM   #12
Orochi Chimera
Mad Scientist
 
Orochi Chimera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,289
$4 isn't bad at all. I'd say go for it as long as it looks to be in decent condition.
Orochi Chimera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 05:52 PM   #13
raphael90
Stone Warrior
 
raphael90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: ...down in the sewer listening to Skinny Puppy...
Posts: 618
.....

Yeah, its a great price...reason I didn't get it was cuz my music-buying habits take first place and there's seldom left for other media. It looked to be in great condition, it was a previous rental with the cover cut into a cardboard case. That doesn't bother me, but sometimes those tapes have awful tracking and play crappy on my TV...
__________________

"Babies? These things haven't even been BORN yet!"


-Raphael
raphael90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 09:41 PM   #14
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
Stone Warrior
 
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 835
Is there any way you can preview the video before purchasing it?

"Wow! They must have spent their entire budget on this one episode!" - Donatello, from "Turtles of the Jungle"
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 10:29 PM   #15
raphael90
Stone Warrior
 
raphael90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: ...down in the sewer listening to Skinny Puppy...
Posts: 618
...

I don't think there is...it would probably be returnable, but if it does play bad I can always watch it on a better VCR than mine...that always seems to fix it anyway.
__________________

"Babies? These things haven't even been BORN yet!"


-Raphael
raphael90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.