The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2004, 09:44 PM   #1
Hyper Metal Sonic
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Southeastern Louisiana
Posts: 786
Anyone been to the Smithsonian in Washingon DC?

I was just wondering if anyone here has been to the Smithsonian in Washington DC. I've been twice. Once in '97, I believe, and once in 2001.

If you went, you saw this. I saw it both times I went and I was just wondering if anyone else had. It was cool to see.



Note: That is NOT me...that's just the only/best picture I could find of what I'm refering to.
Hyper Metal Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 09:59 PM   #2
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
Ahh, psychotic Mikey! He's gonna kill the KID!!!!!
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 10:05 PM   #3
Deathknight
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: One of the 972 rooms of the technodrome
Posts: 1,995
wow, that model of Mikey is pretty bad looking. That's worse than the 3rd movie costumes.
__________________
Shredder: "Ninja hall of fame? Ha! Where's MY statue?!"
-My Brother, the Bad Guy
Deathknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 10:08 PM   #4
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Angel Land
Posts: 4,150
That Mikey's olmost better than the one in my avatar XD
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 04:24 AM   #5
MrPliggins
Foot Elite
 
MrPliggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,050
Yeah, I've been there, but it was in the 80's sometime.. I don't think they had the psycho Mike then. I remember they had some other stuff though like a display of Superman comics and a Kermit the frog puppet.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 04:26 AM   #6
Krangfan
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: In a house
Posts: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPliggins
and a Kermit the frog puppet.
That's freakin' awesome!!! (lol, sorry, I just love the Muppets to death! )
__________________
"Home is where you hang your hat"
-Krang's favorite phrase

Krang owns!
Krangfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 05:26 AM   #7
Hyper Metal Sonic
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Southeastern Louisiana
Posts: 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPliggins
Yeah, I've been there, but it was in the 80's sometime.. I don't think they had the psycho Mike then. I remember they had some other stuff though like a display of Superman comics and a Kermit the frog puppet.
Another thing that sticks out in my mind is Mr. Rogers sweater.

The Mike there is towards the end of an exhibit on the atomic bomb (And thus, the effects of radiation), it's rise in the 50s, and the complete public scare from it. They have an actual bomb shelter on display that was dug out of someone's yard, and they even have pictures up of them digging it out. Very cool stuff.
Hyper Metal Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 05:45 AM   #8
Taloniss
Mad Scientist
 
Taloniss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,819
I've never been, but I'd like to someday. I want to see Archie and Edith's chair's from All in the Family.
Taloniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 09:25 AM   #9
damnhooligan
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Dorksville, USA
Posts: 1,745
I used to go to the Smithsonian when I lived in DC, but more often than not, frequented the Natural History Museum and the Air and Space Museum.

I'm kinda glad I never saw that thing as a child, because undoubtedly, it would have spawned a few nightmares. Glad to see a Ninja Turtles go down in history, though.
__________________
damnhooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 09:45 AM   #10
That Matt Guy
Honey Bunches
 
That Matt Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 5,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee
Ahh, psychotic Mikey! He's gonna kill the KID!!!!!
But the kid has Dr. John Hammond and the robot from Metropolis watching his back.
That Matt Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 10:22 AM   #11
raphael_is_cool
Mad Scientist
 
raphael_is_cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 2,151
But it is an evil robot!
raphael_is_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 10:49 AM   #12
Orochi Chimera
Mad Scientist
 
Orochi Chimera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,289
Mikey has those freaky bug eyes there. Was that from the second movie?
Orochi Chimera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 02:57 AM   #13
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.
 
Krutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Rawkzone
Posts: 2,808
i think its the one from the third flick....i know the eyes look messed but without anything to control them they look a little messed.

Anybody remember that pic of the Donatello suit from Ooze?
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 05:31 AM   #14
Hyper Metal Sonic
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Southeastern Louisiana
Posts: 786
I'm also thinking maybe those are just replacement eyes or something and they took the actual operational ones out.

Or maybe it's one of the "action" suits. (Without the anamatronic heads)
Hyper Metal Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 06:59 AM   #15
Raven
follower of Jesus
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,212
man it looks like mikey snapped
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 11:13 AM   #16
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant
 
azure turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
LOL! I vaguely remember that display. Don't think I took any pictures of it, unfortunately.
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!"

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 11:33 AM   #17
R-iZZy
The Long Con
 
R-iZZy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: G'ville, FL (Gator Country), USA
Posts: 3,007
LMAO!!! That picture looks like Mikey at a pizza shortage.
R-iZZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 05:05 PM   #18
JoshBYawn
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 293
It's the TMNT 3 stunt Mikey with eyes replaced so they stay open.
JoshBYawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 11:51 PM   #19
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
ok that is scary looking...really.



It's pretty lame when they use the WORST movie's costume which is a very poor representation of our heros.
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 12:30 AM   #20
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
I went to DC in 91 or 92.. no TMNT in the Smithsonian then as that's definately a 3rd movie costume.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.