The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2004, 04:55 PM   #1
Orochi Chimera
Mad Scientist
 
Orochi Chimera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,289
Was this scene ever released on the 1st TMNT movie DVD?

After reading a few recent posts here at the technodrome forum I decided to read some stuff about TMNT from planetracers.

Laird mentioned this:

"Not many people know this, but the first TMNT movie originally had a different ending. As scripted, it went something like this: Shortly after the big battle with the Foot and the defeat of the Shredder, the now unemployed April decided to take the concept of a comic book based on the adventures of the turtles to a publisher to see if they would publish it. In a scene set in the publisher's office, April (and Danny, I think) were shown waiting anxiously as the publisher dude perused her sketches and proposal... which he then handed back to her, saying something like "This is too weird... nobody will buy this comic!" Whereupon the turtles -- who had been clinging to the wall outside the office window -- react with various expressions of comic dismay, and I think Mike actually falls off the building."

"Anyway, I think this scene was actually filmed (I've seen stills from it)."
Orochi Chimera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 04:59 PM   #2
cqb101
Cinephile
 
cqb101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 8,489
I've heard about this scene many times before. Sadly, it wasn't on the DVD.
__________________
cqb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 05:03 PM   #3
Orochi Chimera
Mad Scientist
 
Orochi Chimera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,289
Damn that sucks. I would like to see it.
Orochi Chimera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 05:10 PM   #4
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja
 
Whitewolf89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Posts: 2,927
I remember that ending...mainly because it was in the TMNT I sticker book that came out about the same time as the movie, and I was lucky enough to be able to pick it up. Unfortunately, it's still incomplete, 'cause I was never able to get all the stickers for it.
__________________
Brother against brother...........
Whitewolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 06:50 PM   #5
Taloniss
Mad Scientist
 
Taloniss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,819
I think that was in the comic book adaption. I remember seeing it somewhere, and that's all I can think of that would have it.
Taloniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 09:09 PM   #6
Eidiot88
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 251
Laird metioned this in a Blast from the Past and said it has never been seen by most and he wishes to see it on a dvd extra some day.
__________________

Shredder's Pub Returning Soon...
Eidiot88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 10:18 PM   #7
raphael90
Stone Warrior
 
raphael90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: ...down in the sewer listening to Skinny Puppy...
Posts: 618
Yeah, I've heard of that scene too...it sounds like it would have been funny.
__________________

"Babies? These things haven't even been BORN yet!"


-Raphael
raphael90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 03:21 AM   #8
Brinatello
Hench Mutant
 
Brinatello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 446
The Diamond Publishing stickers had a lot of outtakes from the first movie, and the publisher scene was one of them. I bought a whole box full of the stickers and I think I completed the scene with April and Danny at the end. There were also scenes of Casey sitting in a well at the farmhouse, Leo flipping his bandana around to fight blindfolded, and just some random, rare pictures not seen in the final cut of the film. I'd like to find the stickers of TMNT 2 and see if there are any rare pictures in that collection as well. Funny, I've collected the stickers and don't even own the book to stick them in! I mostly got them for the pictures themselves.
Brinatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 05:55 AM   #9
Raph
Mad Scientist
 
Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The Netherlands, Rotterdam
Posts: 1,888
Wow could you maybe scan these pictures of the stills that didnt make the first movie, that would be totally awesome
__________________
Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 06:12 AM   #10
Brinatello
Hench Mutant
 
Brinatello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 446
Sure! I've already scanned them and they're on this computer. I only found three, and I think that's all there is:

http://brinas-art.tripod.com/comic-publisher.jpg -Features the guy looking over April's artwork.

http://brinas-art.tripod.com/pleadin...-publisher.jpg -Features April pleading to the guy to publish their story!

http://brinas-art.tripod.com/comic-heroes.jpg - And, of course, my favorite, the "Farfetched?" one There were four stickers to combine this image as one. I had an interesting time blending them in my Corel program.

Hope you can see these! If not, I curse to Tripod for being so Eeeveal!
Brinatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 11:18 AM   #11
Orochi Chimera
Mad Scientist
 
Orochi Chimera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,289
Thanks for the scans.
Orochi Chimera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 11:30 AM   #12
d_osborn
Mad Scientist
 
d_osborn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,425
interesting... first time i've seen pics from that cut scene.

are you planning on scanning the other pics you mentioned? there were scenes scattered all throughout the farm sequence with each turtle practicing with their headbands turned, covering their eyes...
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 02:23 PM   #13
Deathknight
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: One of the 972 rooms of the technodrome
Posts: 1,995
Dude, where did you get those pics?!
__________________
Shredder: "Ninja hall of fame? Ha! Where's MY statue?!"
-My Brother, the Bad Guy
Deathknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 02:59 PM   #14
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
Cool, Brina. Thanks for posting those. Heh, I know I have oe of those sticker books somewhere... but it's been so long I didn't even remember those pictures!
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 03:23 PM   #15
sango
Thug
 
sango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: canaduh's biotch
Posts: 85
awww me cann't see um!

__________________
+DeviantFart+
sango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 04:06 PM   #16
Orochi Chimera
Mad Scientist
 
Orochi Chimera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,289
Since they are on tripod, you have to copy and paste the link into your browser address bar. Just clicking on the link won't work.
Orochi Chimera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 04:19 PM   #17
raphael90
Stone Warrior
 
raphael90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: ...down in the sewer listening to Skinny Puppy...
Posts: 618
Arrrghh...pasting them in doesn't seem to be working...oh well, I'm on a Mac at school....I'll try again tonight when I get home to my PC.
__________________

"Babies? These things haven't even been BORN yet!"


-Raphael
raphael90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 04:40 PM   #18
Raph
Mad Scientist
 
Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The Netherlands, Rotterdam
Posts: 1,888
Very, very Cool
Thanks,

But what about the pics you spoke of, where Leo has twisted his bandana, and Casey sitting in a well at the Farmhouse??
__________________
Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 05:28 PM   #19
Brinatello
Hench Mutant
 
Brinatello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 446
*hangs head* Yes, I have those too, they're just not uploaded to any of my file managers. The problem is, I created a scrapbook of rare, hard to find TMNT pictures and there's no web provider out there that can hold all the pictures I put in it. I can keep adding the ones you want to see and put that scrapbook idea on hold until I can get my own web site with unlimited space. Give me some time to get to that request. So much to do...
Brinatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 05:37 PM   #20
CrippledNitemare
Thug
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Nanaimo, Canada
Posts: 51
Yeah, the Archie comic adaptation of the movie had the publisher scene in it, I remember it because it was so odd as it wasn't actually in the movie.
__________________

Coming from Mirage 2006?... 2007?
Ah well... it'll be here when it gets here.
CrippledNitemare is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.