The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2004, 06:03 PM   #1
[email protected]
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Plymouth NH
Posts: 637
10 years since red sky

This coming fall will be 10 years since red sky eps. When I read the ep guides, I found it interesting of Burne blaming the turtles for having Channel 6 blown up and turning the turtles into outlaws. It said throughout the season they were getting arrested etc. Is it because of the destruction of channel 6 and it said in season 9 the people thought the turtles were the enemy, was it because they still feared them after burne badmouthed them for the destruction of channel 6. What happened to Krang's android body in season 8? I heard it was not seen in the red sky days until the final eps.

I have only seen the 1st 2 eps of Season 10 from the dvd and it is just diffrent from the old days.
d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 06:31 PM   #2
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,374
I think this sums up Red Sky's anniversary perfectly

"Yawn"
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 06:57 PM   #3
Mobius One
Hench Mutant
 
Mobius One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: US
Posts: 411
i Liked the Red Sky eps, though not as much as the originals. They are definitly the precursor to the new show though. Kind of like the transition from the original way the old show was to what the new show is now. It was the middle.
__________________
You can kill the Revolutionaries,
But you can't kill the Revolution!
www.worldskater224.deviantart.com -visit it!



Formerly Demogoblin87...
Mobius One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 07:33 PM   #4
Serp
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 362
I like the way the Turtles were drawn in the "Red Sky" episodes the best of all of the toon designs the seem to be a perfect mixture of the of the old toon and new toon designs not done intentionally though.
Serp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 10:55 AM   #5
BrianReilly
Mouser
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanhilton-Jac
I like the way the Turtles were drawn in the "Red Sky" episodes the best of all of the toon designs the seem to be a perfect mixture of the of the old toon and new toon designs not done intentionally though.
I have to agree with that. The "Red Sky" eps have the best animation of any turtles series.

I like how the series got more serious during those eps too. To be frank, the one thing that bothers me about the new series is that it started off with a very much "Red Sky" tone, very serious and dark, and somehow turned into universe hopping with Triceratons and stuff. The only thing I like better about the new series is that Casey Jones is around a lot more.
__________________
Operation RGB DVD 2K4

BrianReilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 01:18 PM   #6
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,682
well... one can only do so much when you want to stay true to the comics... the comics also had shredder clones, ultroms, triceratons and a bunch of weird ass stuff like Raph running around with a cow and aliens and stuff.. o_o;;;
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 09:34 AM   #7
Serp
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 362
A cow never saw that coming.
Serp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 06:42 PM   #8
Sadako*sCranes
Foot Soldier
 
Sadako*sCranes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 125
Lol! And it wasn't just a cow either! It was a giant flying head of a cow and his name was Cuddly the Cowlick! He carries the Turtles through outer space in his mouth!
__________________
Sadako*sCranes
Sadako*sCranes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 08:46 PM   #9
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,682
That was the Archie comics. I meant the Mirage comics. Seems Peter and Kevin left for a bit and basically left anyone do TMNT stories. In 2 issues so wacky guy took over and made some story about the TMNT on a farm with Raph waking up in the middle of the night to milk a cow, then being abducted by aliens with the cow, and forced to run around for most of the adventure with the cow. Later on Eastman and Laird came back to the series and started the whole Shredder strikes back/Return to New York plot.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 08:57 PM   #10
Ryona
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Yeah...I remember that whole cow thing . I hope when Eastman and Laird came back and saw what this clown was doing to there creation, that they gave him a boot in the behind. It was just plain embarrassing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 04:26 AM   #11
[email protected]
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Plymouth NH
Posts: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadako*sCranes
Lol! And it wasn't just a cow either! It was a giant flying head of a cow and his name was Cuddly the Cowlick! He carries the Turtles through outer space in his mouth!

I Remember reading that comic when I was younger. I thought the comic was strange.
d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 08:45 AM   #12
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami
That was the Archie comics. I meant the Mirage comics. Seems Peter and Kevin left for a bit and basically left anyone do TMNT stories. In 2 issues so wacky guy took over and made some story about the TMNT on a farm with Raph waking up in the middle of the night to milk a cow, then being abducted by aliens with the cow, and forced to run around for most of the adventure with the cow. Later on Eastman and Laird came back to the series and started the whole Shredder strikes back/Return to New York plot.
Yeah, that was during the "guest artist" period. Those three issues have to be one of the strangest stories to ever feature the TMNT. It didn't take itself too seriously and it's quite funny if you're into that sort of humor.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 04:42 PM   #13
[email protected]
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Plymouth NH
Posts: 637
Is there a way to see the rest of the red sky eps because I am dying to SEE ALL OF THEM. and it seems that 10 years ago from now was the end of the turtles as we knew them because Shredder Triumphant aired 10 years ago, according to the ep guides. How many plotholes were there in red sky other than Krang's body thing.
d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 07:01 PM   #14
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
well, hehehehe, there are always ways to watch these episodes!!! Like I am watching some of the very last old toon ep right now!!!
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 07:40 AM   #15
[email protected]
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Plymouth NH
Posts: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower
well, hehehehe, there are always ways to watch these episodes!!! Like I am watching some of the very last old toon ep right now!!!
How are there ways. I have not seen them in video stores for years. The them I mean is tapes for turtles eps. I don't want to wait for them to come out on DVd because it may be a while before they do come out on dvd. The they I mean is dvd for seasons 2-10(the other half)
d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 08:08 PM   #16
[email protected]
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Plymouth NH
Posts: 637
I watched Mobster from Dimension X and The day the earth disappeared last week. Dregg seems darker and more serious than shredder and krang. But Dregg always seems to be defeated in the end, like the dregonaut went into the black hole in day the earth disappeared. The turtles even said in the mobster from Dimension X something about getting rid of dregg in the previous ep, which I never saw.

The series doesn't feel the same because shredder and krang are not in the series anymore. DRegg in mobster from Dimension X did not even appear until near the end of the episode. The mobster from Dimension X was silly.
d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 04:40 PM   #17
[email protected]
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Plymouth NH
Posts: 637
ONE other Thing I need to know. HOw come Return of Dregg, The Beginning of the End, Mobster from DimenSion X and Day the Earth Disappeared are unaired? Sources say they only aired in certain areas? HOW COME THEY ONLY AIRED IN CERTAIN AREAS. THAT MENT THE 3-parter with Shredder and KRang and the Divide and Conquer ep aired in All markets. BUT HOW COME THESE EPS did not air in all markets????????!!!

It may confuse some people because Dregg got mung in Return of Dregg and cast away one of his former assitants. And In DAy the earth disappeared the dreggounant got destroyed. Viewers may have gotten confused.

Could someone explain. Sorry about these red sky questions, but I stopped watching the turtles in 1992 because I lost interest.
d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 04:41 PM   #18
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,374
For the love of god, speak english.
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 05:01 PM   #19
[email protected]
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Plymouth NH
Posts: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
ONE other Thing I need to know. HOw come Return of Dregg, The Beginning of the End, Mobster from DimenSion X and Day the Earth Disappeared are unaired? Sources say they only aired in certain areas? HOW COME THEY ONLY AIRED IN CERTAIN AREAS. THAT MENT THE 3-parter with Shredder and KRang and the Divide and Conquer ep aired in All markets. BUT HOW COME THESE EPS did not air in all markets????????!!!

It may confuse some people because Dregg got mung in Return of Dregg and cast away one of his former assitants. And In DAy the earth disappeared the dreggounant got destroyed. Viewers may have gotten confused.

Could someone explain. Sorry about these red sky questions, but I stopped watching the turtles in 1992 because I lost interest.
I will verify what I mean. How come Return of Dregg, The Beginning of the End, Mobster from DimenSion X and Day the Earth Disappeared were called unaired eps and did not air in some markets while the other 4 eps from that season aired in all markets. How Come?? Sorry I just have a problem with sentence structure in life.
d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 01:18 PM   #20
[email protected]
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Plymouth NH
Posts: 637
CAn someone tell who and where carter come from. The ep guides said Carter first showed up in the Unknown ninja, when did he first appear and why did he join the turtles. That was coincidental with Carter joing the turtles the same time dregg appeared because it made the series a completley new show and made the it look like the rest of the series never existed.

How did this mutation thing start with the turtles? What kind of apperance did they have for Dregg the very first time he was shown? When did the turtles first encounter dregg and how did they introduce each other. Was shredder and krang referenced in the unknown ninja ep.

The ep guides said the turtles were reviewing tapes of old battles. WHICH OLD BATTLES DID THEY SHOW IN THE UNKNOWN NINJA ON THE TAPE.

I AM asking these questions because what if they don't release all the other eps on DVD AND I NEVER SEE THESE EPS EVER.
d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.