The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite console TMNT game?
TMNT 1 (NES) 1 7.69%
TMNT 2: The Arcade Game (NES) 3 23.08%
TMNT 3: The Manhattan Project (NES) 1 7.69%
TMNT 4: Turtles In Time (SNES) 7 53.85%
TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist (Sega Genesis) 0 0%
TMNT Tournament Fighters (NES, SNES, Sega Genesis) 1 7.69%
TMNT: Fall of the Foot Clan (Game Boy) 0 0%
TMNT 2: Back From the Sewers (Game Boy) 0 0%
TMNT 3: Radical Rescue (Game Boy) 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2002, 01:14 PM   #1
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
Console Games

Plain and simple: which was your favorite TMNT console video game?
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 01:41 PM   #2
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant
 
azure turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
TMNT IV, no doubt about it. I was hooked on that game for months.
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!"

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 01:44 PM   #3
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
Stone Warrior
 
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 835
I have to go with Ninja Turtles II. I never tire of it.

"You haven't gotten rid of us at all!"
"All you did was stuff us through a portal because you're too chicken to fight us!"

Leonardo and Raphael, from "Shredder Triumphant"
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 01:46 PM   #4
PWDESAI
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,873
i would have to go wiht 4, better graphics, and better gameplay. Plus the extra features like the time surfing and the 2 player tournament.
PWDESAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 02:26 PM   #5
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Well Tmnt 2 for nes is just a bad conversion from the arcade. Turtles in time for snes is a good conversion but arcade is still better. If i have to choose a console game, it will be TMNT 3 Manhattan project. Why? It is originally designed game not a arcade conversion.

Best tmnt game of all time is Turtles in Time for arcade.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 02:38 PM   #6
prowler4
Hench Mutant
 
prowler4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 297
I voted for TMNT 1. Maybe I wouldn't have if I had an SNES emulator and tried the other one.TMNT4.
__________________
GO GREEN MACHINE!
prowler4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 02:53 PM   #7
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Get arcade emulator... TMNT in time conversion is good, but arcade is still much better...
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 04:47 PM   #8
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
Hey Karpo...if the arcade ROM is non-working (but still playable), is multiplayer supported for it? Or would it crash at some point?
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 05:07 PM   #9
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
TMNT in time for arcade is fully playable! Only problem with it is some color errors. Like foot soldiers changes color... If i juts would got my lazy butt up and find the rom, we could play that too..
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 05:13 PM   #10
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
Yeah, well...I knew about the color problems and such...but it's still labeled as "non-working"...says it's missing protection that hasn't been fully emulated.
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 05:17 PM   #11
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Well i have played trough it and didnt notice any other than the color errors!
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 05:30 PM   #12
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant
 
azure turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
Hmm... I've played the ROM for TMNT IV arcade version. The Foot Soldiers change colors, as well as the turtles. The basic animation for each turtle is there, but once the level is finished, everyone turns into a Leonardo clone.
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!"

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 07:45 PM   #13
Deathknight
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: One of the 972 rooms of the technodrome
Posts: 1,995
I voted TMNT 2... I liked the conversion, but I only played TMNT in time in the arcade and I don't remember much about it.
__________________
Shredder: "Ninja hall of fame? Ha! Where's MY statue?!"
-My Brother, the Bad Guy
Deathknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 06:09 AM   #14
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
Stone Warrior
 
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 835
I must be one of the few people who thought that Ninja Turtles II for NES was better than the arcade version.

The only time I ever played the arcade was at Showbiz Pizza (it's called Chucky Cheese's today, or something like that). There was always a bunch of kids around that game. And I'm not saying it was a bad game; it was a really fun one actually. But I liked the NES version better.

Maybe it was because I didn't have to keep pumping quarters into the NES version like I did the arcade version . . .

I have played Ninja Turtles IV for SNES, and that game is not bad. It seems like you get to the Technodrome too quickly. I still haven't figured out how to throw foot soldiers at the screen when you're trying to defeat Shredder. Sometimes I'll do it and not even know how I did it.

It's a good thing someone is always playing along side me when I play that game. Otherwise, I'd be stuck on that level forever!

"Scream all you want, Miss O'Neil. No one can hear you." - Monroe Q. Flem, from "Turtlemaniac"
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 07:00 AM   #15
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Well in the arcade version of time there is no technodrome at the begining... And if you get emulator you dont need to put real money in! Well everyone has owm opinnions but the nes version is techincally so far behind... Like there is only one strike animation and then the jumpatach + jump kick...
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 07:11 AM   #16
R-iZZy
The Long Con
 
R-iZZy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: G'ville, FL (Gator Country), USA
Posts: 3,007
if you're a street fighter fan... then you'd probably love tournament fighters.

i dont care really, i have ALL of those games, so it's fun no matter what i choose.

But i still love tournament fighters the best... though i was hooked on the first NES game and i'm still trying to beat shredder off the 3rd Gameboy game.
__________________


R-iZZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.