The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > Introductions

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2004, 05:21 PM   #1
Kunoichi181
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 20
Greetings

Just thought I would say hi to all. I have been a fan of tmnt since 1988.I think the new series is great!
How many of you Turtle fans study martial arts?
I do and think that I never would have if not for the tmnt
Kunoichi181 is offline  
Old 06-12-2004, 06:35 PM   #2
Ryona
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Welcome, Kunoich181. I am Ryo. Here; please accept this mochi. Be sure to enjoy it with a bowl of lightly sugared soy sauce for dipping.

It's great to hear that you study Martial Arts. I myself study Martial Arts aswell. I too have to give credit to the guys in green for getting me motivated to study Ninjutsu. Tell me, is there a weapon you favour in your Martial Arts training?
 
Old 06-12-2004, 08:21 PM   #3
Mars-Chan
I'LL BE THE HERO!!!!
 
Mars-Chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Practicing Alchemy in Risembool
Posts: 6,297
*bows* Welcome, Kunoichi181-San! I am Takeshi Kurosawa-San, but everyone calls me Mars. Here! *hands over a slice of pizza* Enjoy your stay here. *bows out*
__________________

*clings to award* THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!! *cries in joy*

RED DAAAAAAAAAAAAWWN!!!!
PROUD Member of the Risembool Rangers!
(icon made by bakergirl69 on glitter-graphics)
Mars-Chan is offline  
Old 06-13-2004, 04:58 AM   #4
Kunoichi181
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 20
::Bows politely in return:: Thank you for your warm welcome Ryo and Mars
Actually Ryo I have a few martial arts weapons that are my favorite to use. The Katana and the Bow.I have just started learning the basics of the Katana and its fun! Bow was the first weapon I learned how to use. I also know how to use kama's. Do you have a favored weapon or weapons?
please feel free to share!
Kunoichi181 is offline  
Old 06-13-2004, 05:32 AM   #5
That Matt Guy
Honey Bunches
 
That Matt Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 5,840
Wow, did Japan win WWII? Are we all Japanese now?
That Matt Guy is offline  
Old 06-13-2004, 07:41 AM   #6
愛
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 7,449
Last time I checked, they got their ass kicked.
愛 is offline  
Old 06-13-2004, 08:37 AM   #7
Kunoichi181
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 20
::Wow, did Japan win WWII? Are we all Japanese now?::
No actually last time I checked allied powers won WWII.and no we are not all Japanese.I think this forum is a mix of many different nationalities of Turtle fans.Which brings me back to topic. Hello by the way.I guess that is how you like to greet new people.
Kunoichi181 is offline  
Old 06-13-2004, 10:19 AM   #8
Ryona
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Don't worry about it, Kunoichi181, everyone here at the Forums has there own quirky sense of humour. It took me some time to realize that myself when I was very new (I took things too seriously).

BTW, My favoured weapons would have to be katana and pair of ninjato (Ninja swords).
I'm trained with a few other weapons but not as well as the ones listed above.
When you said "bow", do you mean bow with arrows or bo staff?
 
Old 06-13-2004, 02:33 PM   #9
Raven
follower of Jesus
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,212
hello, here have a glow stick that I pissed on.
Raven is offline  
Old 06-13-2004, 03:13 PM   #10
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
Re: Greetings

Welcome to our forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunoichi181
How many of you Turtle fans study martial arts?
Wish I could say I do. I study the books, read up on stuff, but could never get into the practice. Besides, I really doubt my doctors would give me the thumbs up, at least not for awhile.

Umm, have a mango!
Kali is offline  
Old 06-13-2004, 03:32 PM   #11
Kunoichi181
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 20
actually I meant to type bo not bow (wrong weapon )
thinking about it more I guess the bo i use is more a jo (staff that is shorter than 6 feet)
Thanks for the gifts of welcome.I think i shall enjoy posting here
Kunoichi181 is offline  
Old 06-13-2004, 03:55 PM   #12
Ryona
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
The jo is a great weapon. I myself enjoy using the hanbo because of it's short length. It's about the length of a katana, so the two have simular swinging strikes and reach.
 
Old 06-13-2004, 05:53 PM   #13
Zelda
Hench Mutant
 
Zelda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 364
Welcome from the newbie just before ya ^_^

::holds a party::

Rahhrr... I want martial artses... I want monies to pay for martial artses training >_>;; Until then, I invent practices with my boken ^-^
__________________
~Zelda~

Author of Judgment: Volume I
http://www.myspace.com/zellieberraine
Inspired by what I love best about TMNT: character dynamics, superheroes that aren't of the Superman variety, genetics, etc
Zelda is offline  
Old 06-14-2004, 09:27 AM   #14
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
Welcome! My name's Jo Dawn, but you can call me Jo or JD, or whatever. Heh.

Enjoy your stay here at the 'Drome!
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline  
Closed Thread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.