The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > Questions/Comments/Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2004, 05:54 PM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,401
Operation General

Close this thread if you must, I want to address this opnenly about the decision to get rid of the General Discussion forums and "relocate" them.

Locking the General Discussion Forums and moving them to a new address does'nt halt the fact the forums have been partially castrated all because SOME people got out of hand.

Now see the error of your ways, in the general TMNT discussion thread, I've seen TWO off-topic threads show themselves, one based on the Power Rangers, the other asking others regarding where they live.

Why could'nt they have posted these on the General Discussion forums' new address?

Simple answer, some of them probably don't like the way this whole problem has been handled.

You do NOT close forums just because some morons decided to create problems, you BAN those people, you warn them until you're forced to ban them, by abandoning the forums, you allowed those same people to WIN.

Like I said, close this thread all you want, but just give me one damn reason why you chose to flee rather than fight to preserve what rightfully deserves to remain on these forums?
ZariusTwo is online now  
Old 06-20-2004, 06:07 PM   #2
TheRATKING
Stone Warrior
 
TheRATKING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 679
ive found that alot of tmnt threads are being turned into general forum stuff. getting off topic and staying there
__________________


"The riddle is yours... that which can sustain you is within your reach... but not yet within your grasp"
R.K. issue 55 vol. 1
TheRATKING is offline  
Old 06-20-2004, 11:35 PM   #3
GK Punk
I'm your Devil
 
GK Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 12,439
Krang's stated his reasons several times. Seems no one listens.
GK Punk is offline  
Old 06-21-2004, 12:06 AM   #4
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru
 
Krang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Dimension X
Posts: 3,755
Re: Operation General

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo
Close this thread if you must, I want to address this opnenly about the decision to get rid of the General Discussion forums and "relocate" them.

Locking the General Discussion Forums and moving them to a new address does'nt halt the fact the forums have been partially castrated all because SOME people got out of hand.
First of all, don't tell me what to do. These are Shredder's and my forums, and we'll do what we want with them. Let me reiterate that my first choice was to get rid of General Discussion entirely, but some members weren't happy about that and offered alternate solutions, and we ended up with what we have now. If you're so upset about it, why didn't you try to stop the arguing by contacting the people involved privately instead of complaining after it's too late?
Quote:
Now see the error of your ways, in the general TMNT discussion thread, I've seen TWO off-topic threads show themselves, one based on the Power Rangers, the other asking others regarding where they live.

Why could'nt they have posted these on the General Discussion forums' new address?

Simple answer, some of them probably don't like the way this whole problem has been handled.
No, I don't see the "error" in this decision, because I'd rather deal with a few off-topic posts than with a bunch of immature brats stirring up trouble all the time.
Quote:
You do NOT close forums just because some morons decided to create problems, you BAN those people, you warn them until you're forced to ban them, by abandoning the forums, you allowed those same people to WIN.
If there's one thing I'm sick of, it's people who don't understand the entire situation when complaining about it. The reasons are there, and I've pointed them out multiple times.

The point is, I have tried threatening to warn or ban people involved. And you know what? They don't listen. And if I do ban even one person, I would get several idiots who weren't even involved whining to me about "not being fair" or calling me "ban-happy". I don't have the time or patience to deal with that.
Quote:
Like I said, close this thread all you want, but just give me one damn reason why you chose to flee rather than fight to preserve what rightfully deserves to remain on these forums?
I already gave you several, but here's one more. Partly due to the fact that I don't watch or even care about the new TMNT cartoon or any other form of TMNT besides the old cartoon, but mostly due to how little respect I get here, I have lost nearly all interest in these forums and this site. Besides, I don't exactly have all the free time in the world, so I spend maybe 10 or 20 minutes total on the forums every other day, and I usually end up spending it either replying to the constant complaints around here (thanks to people like you) or dealing with troublemakers. As you can see, my time here pretty much ends up being a chore that I do for hundreds of ungrateful people. The only reason why I haven't shut the forums down or sold them to someone else is that I recognize the fact that I started them, and therefore it's my duty to maintain them. Does that help you understand why I would rather remove the source of the problem entirely than painstakingly go through every thread in which there was arguing and waste my time issuing out warnings every time it happens?
__________________

"My motherboard's microchips are chomping at the... 'bit'. A little computer humor." --Krang, Welcome Back, Polarisoids
Krang is offline  
Closed Thread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.