The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2015, 01:49 AM   #11
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Blue Door? Oh GAWDS no! At least, not from what I've seen/heard of it. Honestly, I'm glad we got what we did over THAT potential travesty. Where did I ever say I liked it?! TMNT as aliens and "chosen" of their race? Um- no. Smacks too much of Superman or some such for my taste. These are NOT the "saviors/last survivors" of some alien planet. Just- that would kill it as TMNT.

As for reincarnation, etc- I "buy into" that AS A STORY/ORIGIN, yes. I do happen to have done a LOT of research and study on esoteric subjects- for reasons I won't get into- but that is simply something I enjoy in my fiction. I am an avid lover of Greek and roman mythology- after all, what were those stories if not man's first "superheroes"? Calling them gods and such is just an easy way to describe larger-than-life heroes and villains, explain phenomena that people didn't understand, and- well, you get the idea.
There you have it. Reincarnation is as distasteful to me as aliens are to you. Maybe you think reincarnation is simply another story. I think it's a dangerous idea, like any other religion, especially in stories aimed at our youth. It also just pulls me out of the story.

I also hate the notion that the turtles are possibly one of a race of other turtles, devised by utroms...etc. ugh. There are only 4 turtles, in one happy accident. Other mutants are just that, other mutants. I prefer chaos to order, because that is life.

I've also read many Greek and Roman Myths, and they are fun, but contemporary stories, such as TMNT, deserve better than thinking that is 1000's of years old. TMNT is a story of it's time, when NY was going through hell, and murder was an everyday threat. It's about the 80's, layered with the angst and fear of that era. When people stared at their shoes walking down the street, and never made eye contact. When alligators might be living in the sewers. When MJ was young and Black.

Bring it back, bring it all back in a film. No cellphones, no twitter, no ever present terrorist threats. Just jive talk and corrupt cops, punk clothes and Afros.

Could have been a great film.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Tags
tmnt 2


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.