The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you like the idea of the turtles being aleins?
Absolutly! 5 2.70%
It doesn't matter to me 29 15.68%
Terrible! 151 81.62%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2012, 05:22 PM   #11
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Moth View Post
I don't disagree, as today's audiences are quite savvy. However, not everyone has a computer or would follow the day-by-day details like we would. Depending on who you ask, most casual fans tend to go with their own default media version of the Turtles, and that's that. At least, that's my personal experience prior to joining the forum talking.

And we now or will soon have a new and younger generation of TMNT fans to grow up with the Nicktoon/Viacom film as their first media impression, as we did in past generations with the 87 and '03 series and the respective films. Fortunately, there are almost 30 years-plus of other Turtle media, so it isn't like the next generation doesn't have other options, and "huh, so they aren't always space turtles, after all."

Or to go with TurtleMaster4's advice, "view it as part of the Multiverse and leave it at that." Which is how I'll likely interpret the film, anyway (besides being, as Andrew rightfully observed, "a toy fiesta").
Yeah I see where you're coming from, but the vast majority of the audience these days go to the cinema with a certain idea of what they're about to see, specially with blockbusters. Of course they don't know the details of the plot, but this particular subject doesn't look like it'll be treated secretly if it finally gets to happen. It's already being advertised, and that can only get bigger as we get closer to the release date.

To make it clear, it's not gonna be a twist on the plot intended to surprise the audience, it's just gonna be the status quo of that particular incarnation.

And I just can't view it as part of the Multiverse and leave it at that. I wish I could, as I'm sure it'd made all the different universes easier to enjoy, but I need some things to always be there. I'm not even saying the origin story shouldn't be touched, but if they make them into aliens, I'm feeling like it's a completely different thing.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Tags
cancelled media, depressing, gay


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.