The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2012, 05:08 AM   #61
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist
 
MrTMNT2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,512
TMNT 2012 Rise of the Turtles

Anyone got a link to the episodes for the folks outside the US?
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:02 AM   #62
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist
 
MrTMNT2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,512
[Mod Edit: No episode download links, please.]

Nevermind. The episode was AWESOME!
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:50 AM   #63
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
oh my god mrtmnt2012 I cant beleave it!!!!thanks so much for the link!!I literally had to stop the video a few times because of laughing so loud about splinterhahahaha
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:13 AM   #64
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
okay, now I have seen it, too!!WOW!am I excited for this show!I loved the humour and the look and feel of the city...all that graffiti and the nailed shut windows!!!...
here is hopin that this show will finally be the one that breaks the 200 episodes mark and goes beyond that!
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:24 AM   #65
Moonlight1102
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow
Posts: 301
I missed it?

Doh!
__________________
Moonlight1102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:32 AM   #66
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
That was awesome. Loved the animation, loved the voices, and loved the fight scenes. I thought the humor was well done and even the anime emoticons weren't overly done. I thought that it was great to show the Turtles are inexperienced and not just butt kicking ninjas right off the bat. I liked how that will lead to growth and how Splinter feels guilty that he even let them go up there when they weren't ready to be up there.

I think the only nitpick I had was that Splinter chose the leader a little too quickly. Yes, it was funny as it should have been, but it felt a bit rushed to me, though I loved Raph's reaction to it. "Stick it up your shell!" Methinks there will be a lot of conflict with those two for a while. I also loved the hand signals and Raph's reaction to them, Don's reaction to April, and the Kraang landing on Mikey as well as Mikey discovering the container. "Mom?"

Overall, a very good episode premiere. I'll have more to comment on once I've seen all parts and will include my favorite quotes as well.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:38 AM   #67
HerpDerp
Hench Mutant
 
HerpDerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 488
Did anyone else notice there were some subtle differences between the clips we'd already seen and how they appeared in the episode? I'd watched some of the clips so many times that it was immediately obvious to me. At the end of the training scene, for example, when Raph says "Good job, guys!" after Splinter pinches him, they didn't have the lightning pain effect any more.

I had also been wondering why, in the Kraang brain clip, they'd changed it so that the brain didn't eat Mikey's head any more - now we know it's because they wanted to use that joke in a different part of the episode.
HerpDerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:40 AM   #68
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer
 
Drose18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpDerp View Post
Did anyone else notice there were some subtle differences between the clips we'd already seen and how they appeared in the episode? I'd watched some of the clips so many times that it was immediately obvious to me. At the end of the training scene, for example, when Raph says "Good job, guys!" after Splinter pinches him, they didn't have the lightning pain effect any more.

I had also been wondering why, in the Kraang brain clip, they'd changed it so that the brain didn't eat Mikey's head any more - now we know it's because they wanted to use that joke in a different part of the episode.
In the training scene when leo and raph clashed originally a blue x slashed the screen now it is yellow and thinner.
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:45 AM   #69
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
I think the new show is great, the humor is really good, i actually like the animation, the voices are perfect, and the action was also great. I like this way better than 2K3 so far. Here come some spoilers (idk how to put spoiler tags)

Spoilers!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leonardo is such a dork, but in a good way. I thought he would get annoying fast, but he was actually pretty funny.

Raphael was never one of my favorite turtles, but i think he is played very well in the episode. I'am glad that got rid of that horrid "new yorker" accent, and i liked the interactions between him and leo.

Donatello is my favorite turtle! I think he is pretty funny in this new series, he is more sarcastic and witty, and i thought it was funny how he has a crush on April. I can't wait to see more of Donnie.

Michelangelo was by far the funniest turtle. In the 2K3 series he was just plain annoying, but making him act a little younger in this new series was a big improvement.

Master Splinter was really funny. he acts much more like an overprotective father in the show, and it makes it really funny! "Make sure you go before you leave, the restrooms up there are FILTHY!'

April was not a character we saw much of, yet. I think making her a teenager was a good move as she can now be more adventurous.

The Anime effects were not that bad. I know a lot of people don't like them, but i think they help express how the character is feeling. They weren't TOO bad in this episode, but hopefully they will just wind down a bit in the future.

Overall, i LOVED the episode and I can't wait to see the other half. I think this will be one of my favorite TMNT shows. oh, and one more thing, I thought it was better how Master Splinter had to pick the leader instead of Leo automatically the leader as he was in every other incarnation.

"Master Splinter told us to stay away from humans...and bathrooms"
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:51 AM   #70
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
The Jester Pointillism "Review":
Spoiler:
*They re-edited the training scene. The lightning bolts that flash at the pressure point after Splinter schools Raph are gone. I liked those.
*Ahhh good ole algae and worms. Maybe Yoshi/Splinter felt that even humanoid pet Turtles still like algae and worms...*shrugs*
*Mikey's the cook again. And his recipes are kinda gross...ahhh nostalgia.
*HAPPY MUTATION DAY! Though how can there be older and younger brothers with a...never mind. We all kinda assumed this is what they'd shell-ebrate anyway, right? Sorry....bad joke.
*New origin. No Chet.
*"That was us!" OHHHH NO!
*I do like the Kraang's broken English. "This place is a place where you are not allowed to be in this place." the line just seems to work if you know these people ain't human, but rather "a brain thing."
*Always laugh at Mikey's "MOM!" line.
*"Yes...and no." Splinter made a funny.
*Love Rob-atello. Like there was any doubt.
*Sad Turtle Eyes....adorable!
*Love the Filmation Star Trek: TAS reference. Is that Cam Clarke as Captain Ryan? I know it can't be but it SOUNDS like him.
*As pointed out, love Mutagen Man on the comic cover.
*Like the "katas" before the boys leave, I just hope it doesn't become stock footage.
*Splinter's instructions are spot on...well maybe except the bit about the toilets. Kinda ironic they live in a sewer, but the topside restrooms are gross.
*Farting Hob, a bit much...
*"There could be an adventure around every corner...there isn't but their could be!" Love Leo's optimism.
*"I dunna Donatello...IS IT!?" They seem to be nailing that these are 4 teenage brothers rather well.
*As I said before when the Pizza Taste Test video first hit:
Growing up in a glass bowl
With chameleons, lizards, and tadpoles
It hardly enters your mind
That there's something better than this.
A better treat than a carrot
Maybe a seed from a parrot
Believe me when I tell you
The word gourmet just don't exist!
*Ninja run weird.
*April uses A LOT of gel in her hair.
*Would a anthropomorphic Turtle really crush on a human chick? Still leads to a fun bit.
*Save April and her father Ron Howard, Turtles!
*Teamwork is sorely lacking...kinda like Darkness on the Edge of Town...I think that's the 4Kids episode.
*Raph's uses Sai Flip on Kraang. It was NOT super effective.
*"I didn't know you were going to land where I was stabbing." Not sure if just punchy, or if that line was really pretty funny.
*Kraang run weird
*Mikey uses Random Blade Flail on Kraang. It is super effective!
*Kraang's hug heads. I wonder if it's a set up for the Kraang takes over Shredder bit from Archie.
*"It was a humongous brain! And it had eyes, and a mouth, and it latched on to my melon. Weird, huh?"
*Pass buck to the right...poor Mikey.
*Wait...Mikey's right? I guess he is.
*Hamato Family Photo = American Gothic. All Yoshi needs is a pitch fork.
*Mikey for Leader. Why.... Just cuz!
*Wait for villains to show up, get sweet van. Wha? Worked before.
*"I'm thinking of something green. Green. Greeeen." "Is it Raphael again?
*Snake's face has a surprising amount of detail.
*Coach Leo says "Swing Away"...if you can read his hand signals.
*It's Mommy!
*Oh...Brian Bloom is Ryan. Who's Brian Bloom? He's Captain America?
*I thought Crankshaw sounded like Kevin French.


Ok...I'm done until part 2.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:56 AM   #71
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
One thing that bugged me is Mikey's kusarigama. Where does he get it from? Do his nun-chucks transform into it?
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:04 AM   #72
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
I think he presses a button and the blade pops out.

I loved the first episode, I thought it was very funny and exciting! I can't wait to see part 2 this morning!
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:06 AM   #73
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zany Orange Dude View Post
I think he presses a button and the blade pops out.

I loved the first episode, I thought it was very funny and exciting! I can't wait to see part 2 this morning!
I can understand the blade popping out, but how does the chain extend?
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:08 AM   #74
FoxZerro
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 574
On the subject of the animation I love it, their movement just seems so fluid I was super nervous that the Turtles movement would suffer in TV-CGI I guess I just have to realize its not the Ninties anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Anyone really like April so far? I know we haven't seen her do much, but a teenage April makes SO MUCH sense now.
My problem was her lips for some reason they seemed so off it was distracting. Other than that I did dig her character so far.


Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
*New origin. No Chet.
I don't know if I entirely believe that origin story, it seemed like the kind of story you tell a kid when they ask where babies come from when they are young. Add in Splinter's overprotection and I think there could me more of a secret to the ooze
FoxZerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:03 AM   #75
Moonlight1102
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow
Posts: 301
I know I'm a little late, but I'm watching part one right now on Nick.

And I'm loving it so far.
__________________
Moonlight1102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:07 AM   #76
lambofun
Foot Soldier
 
lambofun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 130
I love how Splinter looks in this series. Not a looking old elderly figure but looks younger and stronger then the 90s cartoon series. Looks like he could whip some butt.
__________________
My Youtube Channel! I talk sports, movies, and I have vlogs!

http://www.youtube.com/turbodaze
lambofun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:19 AM   #77
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
Is it a coincidence that Michelangel first discovers the Kraang since he was the one who first met Krang or done to emulate that?
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:26 AM   #78
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Is it a coincidence that Michelangel first discovers the Kraang since he was the one who first met Krang or done to emulate that?
It's quite obviously an homage to the classic series, just as Mikey's "That was us!" quip was an homage to the first movie's origin tale, etc.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:33 AM   #79
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
havin seen this now in the actual show I think the nunchaku can be transformed into the kusarigama by -probaby-really pushing a button..it appeared to me that the chain is reeled in in the other wooden piece then together with the little weight.it actually looked really amazing to me...
herderp, I noticed this for the very same reason...there was also a little new little grunt by leo as he and mike ran toards each other in the beginning...and didn't raphael said NO WORDS in the previous clip when he beat leonardo and walked up to him?I think so...
really nice show!cant wait to see the second part today(hopefully watchcartoononline does put it up)


oh have to add:I am amazed by the beautiful matte painting that opens the show!!and the music in the show isn't bad either!
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:46 AM   #80
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
So will random punk Snake/Snakeweed be a regular or a one off villain? I like how the TMNT accidently created this enemy like how they inadvertly made Chronos snap. Mike even renames the guy!
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
episode discussion, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.