The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #121
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Yeah, I was thinking that too. There was no call for that.
True, but that's why I liked the scene. Made Raphael seem a bit creepy which I like.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:00 AM   #122
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
True, but that's why I liked the scene. Made Raphael seem a bit creepy which I like.
It was funny, but I think it was really mean and heartless for Raph to do that. But then again, he's only fifteen in this show.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:00 AM   #123
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
I thought the part where April tried to trick the kraang was pretty funny.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #124
Turo602
The King of Kings
 
Turo602's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 2,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I thought it was really creepy the way Raph threatened to mutate Snake. Man, you never saw that in the previous cartoons.
It's been done before... I recall Leo in the 2k3 series threatening to drop a guy off a building and almost doing it. Doesn't sound like much, but the presentation is what sold it.
__________________
Turo602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #125
Veedubguy83
Hench Mutant
 
Veedubguy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 264
Just watched the 1hr long premier! Holy crap, that was awesome!!! Best Turtles cartoon ever! The turtles were great, I loved Splinter! I loved how the Kraang talked, that was hilarious! It was awesome to see our first new enemy mutant mutated! Stinkweed! Shredder looks and sounds like a real Villain! I can't wait to see how it all works out! Wow, I am really hyped about this show! I have a feeling we are going to start seeing the new figures fly off the shelves now... This is a new beginning for the TMNT!!!
Veedubguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:04 AM   #126
ComicBookBoy
Hench Mutant
 
ComicBookBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 321
There was way more violence than I thought Nickelodean would allow.
I liked how the turtles stabbed the Krangs in the face and chopped off their electronic limbs. Great scenes.


------ >_< NO BAD MOUTHING SPONGEBOB! >_< -------
__________________
I sell on ebay; check out my auctions by clicking the link below:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/masters_of_t...id=p4340.l2562

Check out my Collection
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39696
ComicBookBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:05 AM   #127
Kevin G
Hench Mutant
 
Kevin G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 417
I loved it. I thought the voice actors (Jason Biggs, Rob Paulsen, Sean Astin, Greg Cipes, Hoon Lee, Mae Whitman, Kevin Michael Richardson, Nolan North and Keith Silverstein, I can't find the voice actor who played Snakweed) were phenomenal and fitted the characters so well.

The episode was well written. The comedic timing was perfect and I like how the the Turtles went ape **** when they battled The Kraang. Talk about slice and dice.

I actually want to make today Happy Mutation Day for those who are fans of the new show. It may sound corny but since today it premiered it's kind of in a way the show's birthday and it figured it could be something new for TMNT fans. Just a suggestion and yes I know I'm weird and no you cannot have a piece of my algae cake

Anyway what's everyone's opinions on Casandra Peterson aka Elvira playing a female Kraang in season two ?

Back on track...
I can't wait for episode two. Has Saturday mornings return ?
Kevin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:06 AM   #128
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicBookBoy View Post
There was way more violence than I thought Nickelodean would allow.
I liked how the turtles stabbed the Krangs in the face and chopped off their electronic limbs. Great scenes.
Well, the turtle's could easily use their weapons on them since they are just robots and not actual people
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:07 AM   #129
Kevin G
Hench Mutant
 
Kevin G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
It's been done before... I recall Leo in the 2k3 series threatening to drop a guy off a building and almost doing it. Doesn't sound like much, but the presentation is what sold it.

In the original 1987 series, Raph threaten Baxter Stockman with his sai as he was tied to a telephone poll so he, along with his brothers can find out where the mousers are coming from.
Kevin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:07 AM   #130
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin G View Post
I loved it. I thought the voice actors (Jason Biggs, Rob Paulsen, Sean Astin, Greg Cipes, Hoon Lee, Mae Whitman, Kevin Michael Richardson, Nolan North and Keith Silverstein, I can't find the voice actor who played Snakweed) were phenomenal and fitted the characters so well.

The episode was well written. The comedic timing was perfect and I like how the the Turtles went ape **** when they battled The Kraang. Talk about slice and dice.

I actually want to make today Happy Mutation Day for those who are fans of the new show. It may sound corny but since today it premiered it's kind of in a way the show's birthday and it figured it could be something new for TMNT fans. Just a suggestion and yes I know I'm weird and no you cannot have a piece of my algae cake

Anyway what's everyone's opinions on Casandra Peterson aka Elvira playing a female Kraang in season two ?

Back on track...
I can't wait for episode two. Has Saturday mornings return ?
Female Kraang? Where did you hear that? and yes, new episodes premiere every saturday morning at 11 am.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #131
Kevin G
Hench Mutant
 
Kevin G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Well, the turtle's could easily use their weapons on them since they are just robots and not actual people
I agreed. I don't know I actually got goosebumps when they were fighting The Kraang.
Kevin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:10 AM   #132
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by shezcrafti View Post
I posted this in another thread but I'll repeat here -- did you guys see the "Second Time About" antique store in the background during the utrom fight on the street?
Don't you mean the Kraang? Also isn't it kind of weird that they all look the same? You would think if they wanted to blend in they would all try to look different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxZerro View Post
I really really enjoyed the fact that the turtles accidentally created Snakeweed and the fact that they had a new mutant in the first episode, I thought they would wait before doing something along those lines.
Actually he didn't show up until part 2.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:10 AM   #133
ComicBookBoy
Hench Mutant
 
ComicBookBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Well, the turtle's could easily use their weapons on them since they are just robots and not actual people
It's the best thing about having robots in a cartoon. They can be brutally destroyed, and not get complaints from people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
I actually want to make today Happy Mutation Day for those who are fans of the new show. It may sound corny but since today it premiered it's kind of in a way the show's birthday and it figured it could be something new for TMNT fans. Just a suggestion and yes I know I'm weird and no you cannot have a piece of my algae cake

Spread the word, September 29th is now "Happy Mutation Day" on this site.

We need a song for this holiday.
__________________
I sell on ebay; check out my auctions by clicking the link below:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/masters_of_t...id=p4340.l2562

Check out my Collection
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39696
ComicBookBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #134
Kevin G
Hench Mutant
 
Kevin G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Female Kraang? Where did you hear that? and yes, new episodes premiere every saturday morning at 11 am.
Rob Paulsen's Podcast with the show's executive producer. You have to go on his website to hear it. No I was saying is Saturday mornings back again since when was it that we actually watched a very good cartoon on Saturday mornings ?
Kevin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:12 AM   #135
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin G View Post
Rob Paulsen's Podcast with the show's executive producer. You have to go on his website to hear it.
A female kraang. Hmm, that could be a pretty intersting idea.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:13 AM   #136
shezcrafti
Hench Mutant
 
shezcrafti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The East warehouse over at Lairdman island.
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Don't you mean the Kraang? Also isn't it kind of weird that they all look the same? You would think if they wanted to blend in they would all try to look different.
Actually he didn't show up until part 2.
Yeah, sorry, force of habit. ;P
__________________
Shellebrating 25+ Years of TMNT History [Infographic]



All of Raphael's Badassery in One Video
Spoiler:
shezcrafti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #137
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin G View Post
Rob Paulsen's Podcast with the show's executive producer. You have to go on his website to hear it. No I was saying is Saturday mornings back again since when was it that we actually watched a very good cartoon on Saturday mornings ?
Cool, a female Kraang. That could be interesting. Oh and yes, i guess you could say that saturday mornings are back!
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #138
Kevin G
Hench Mutant
 
Kevin G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 417
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...73#post1003273

Just started a thread for Happy Mutation Day. If anyone wants to spice it up be my guest. I officially call today: Happy Mutation Day!!!!!

@TurtleTitan97: Oh I totally agree. I am not sure where you have to listen to it, but Rob talks to Ciaro (I apologize if that's not spelling his name correctly) and he said that Casandra Peterson aka Elvira will be voicing a female Kraang in season two. I have a feeling it will be a female human costume with a robot inside just like the male Kraang. Apparently they have sexes lol.
Kevin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #139
bloodstainedwings
Foot Soldier
 
bloodstainedwings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 105
It says on imdb that Greg Cipes will voice mike in the 2014 tmnt movie!!!
bloodstainedwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:18 AM   #140
Kevin G
Hench Mutant
 
Kevin G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 417
Donatello19: definitely I never thought I write or say Elvira and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in the same sentence lol. I love the direction this show is going.
Kevin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
episode discussion, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.