![]() |
|
|
#41 |
|
Leo-holic
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
|
I think his lack of attention is attributed to his ADD, which was hinted at in his bio. People with ADD tend to not pay attention to things as much as others often do. They get easily distracted by things, which was what Mikey was doing in some instances. I think he knew of the plan, but maybe he didn't pay attention as Leo was explaining it, so he missed some things.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One. "Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson. |
|
|
|
|
|
#42 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Okoto
Posts: 757
|
I like this version of Mikey....It makes makes things funny.
__________________
Spoiler:
This Picture was drawn by BeagleTsuin from deviantart. http://https://gleam.io/6dHF3/itam-x-el-june-xbox-giveawayle.php?id=288262&ref=288262"]http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=288262&ref=288262[/URL] |
|
|
|
|
|
#43 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 51
|
I was a little concerned at first with Mikey ... however as the episode went on he grew on me.... Mikey is my 2nd favorite Turtle so I hope they do him right... I like the ADD apprach it fits ... If you have ever worked with teenage boys you'd see at least one like Mikey ... LOL
|
|
|
|
|
|
#44 | |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,891
|
Quote:
__________________
![]() http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M) |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#45 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pennsylvaina
Posts: 275
|
Well as I said countless times before. I feel like they're trying too hard to make Mikey an exact clone of Beast Boy from Teen Titans. Maybe because the person voice acting him also did the voice of Beast Boy. But if that's the case I don't really like that. Mikey should be Mikey not some other character from another show.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#46 |
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: london,Ontario
Posts: 49
|
i am worried most alot about mike
that being said i said i think nickolodian has dropped the ball hardcore on the teenage mutant ninja turtles almost to the point of being insulting .the mai n issues being the voice's of the turtles and making donatello buckteethed wtf man so many problems with the show and the ooze never was it that shiny are you kidding me and this dumb outerspace alian crap wth tmnt are earthbased creature's any real fan knows this man this show drives me nut's
|
|
|
|
|
|
#47 | |
|
Space Cowboy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
|
Quote:
Uh, the ooze has always been of alien origin.
__________________
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#48 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
|
Must be trollin'...
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
|
|
|
|
|
|
#49 |
|
The Catalina Wine Mixer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,865
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#50 |
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 21
|
i think the new mike is very cute. all four turtles are still children. so while the other three turtles sometimes to pretend to be grown ups (splinter is a terrible father letting them fight aliens on their own) he seems to be just still very childish. i just hope they will let the characters develop and grow up a bit. but right now i am not specially worried about mike more than about other characters.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#51 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pennsylvaina
Posts: 275
|
I also don't get why Donny has a gap in his teeth unless the writers were watching Ed, Edd, and Eddy and thought gee the smart guy has a gap in his teeth Donatello should too.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#52 | |
|
Super Moderator
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
|
I have always been a huge Mikey fan, whether it was dopey OT Mike, Movie 1 Mike, or pre-battle nexus Mikey from 2K3. He's always had his sweet, naive moments... and then he's had his moments where you kinda roll your eyes and have an urge to dopeslap him.
This Mikey is the same thing, but.... I think his role in this show is also to be an Audience Surrogate... Quote:
Michelangelo is basically being used to represent and communicate for the audience. Little kids who are hyper, naive, cute and sometimes in need of a dopeslap. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#53 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States, California
Posts: 592
|
I was a bit worried reading all the negative thoughts some people seem to have about Mikey, but I was more than pleasantly surprised when I finally got to watch. I don't catch onto voice actors very easily, so I didn't even make the connection to Beast Boy until AFTER I'd read through the thread, and even then I still don't have a problem with it. I think he was silly and adorable in just the right degree without coming off as over-the-top.
I don't know why some people think he's too immature, all four of them have their own immature or childish moments (Leo's idolization with his show, Raphael and Donnie bickering), since it's always been his nature to be easily excitable. Mikey's not my favorite, but I sometimes think he's judged far more harshly by older fans because his representation is usually skewed in favor of a younger audience, rather than a more serious take like his brothers, which generally work better for adults. But I don't see what's wrong with that or why he can't be a bit more on the immature without being deemed as stupid. |
|
|
|
|
|
#54 |
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: london,Ontario
Posts: 49
|
the voice's are barely recogonizable to the characters mikey being the worst one and yes there is alot of the alien ooz origin crap being shoved down our throats nothing personal to you dude but i am old school i go based on the oringinal cartoon and first 3 live action films where the ooz was man-made and accidently dropped in a sewer sumtime in the 80's which makes sense cause lets face it it was the 80'as afterall
|
|
|
|
|
|
#55 | |
|
Space Cowboy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
|
Quote:
__________________
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#56 |
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: london,Ontario
Posts: 49
|
ok then i never read the comic's my apologies to laird and eastman but thats retarded why would alians waste there time on ninjitsu and how do they explain why alian technology would be so idiotic
|
|
|
|
|
|
#57 |
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: london,Ontario
Posts: 49
|
and sorry but most old school fans would prolly agree with me about the voices sure its geared more towards kids but hey who are we kidding kids arent gonna care about the voices so why not make them sound like the kick ass dudes we all know and love
|
|
|
|
|
|
#58 | |
|
Space Cowboy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
|
Quote:
Just because the cast aren't the ones from the originally cartoon doesn't mean it's bad. Alot of people actually like the new voices.
__________________
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#59 |
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: london,Ontario
Posts: 49
|
never said they werent alian's they unfortunatly apparently are in laird and eastman's mind sure i believe that and i also never said the oringinal cast voice should come back but i gotta say even i could do better voice over's for the new show lol
|
|
|
|
|
|
#60 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
You can barely type an intelligible sentence, I seriously doubt you could read many of them with inflection and emotion....
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|