The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2011, 09:27 AM   #41
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
Maybe I'm wrong for thinking this but I don't want to see the same thing over and over. If I'm in the mood for one version that is what I read/watch. I enjoy that each version is so different but at the same time keeps true to the characters. I really don't want the Nick version of Krang to be a little alien brain that was taken out of his body and exiled. This hive mind thing sounds kind of cool.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:33 PM   #42
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,793
Now that the show has come out, I honestly think "Krang" will show up sometime later on, as one of the leaders of "The Kraang."

My guess is Krang is still in Dimension X at the moment which is why we don't see him yet. He'll of course talk normally unlike the Kraang.

God I hope I am right and Krang shows up.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:46 PM   #43
Lampy
Stone Warrior
 
Lampy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'm actually beginning to realize the Nick show doesn't seem to be using any Fred Wolf elements at all. As far as we know:

- There is no Technodrome
- There is no "the" Krang, the warlord from Dimension X
- No confirmation of Bebop/Rocksteady
- Baxter is confirmed black, and he seems similar to Mirage/4kids Baxter

About the only old toon element they kept is Splinter actually is Hamato Yoshi again.
what about Splinter BEING Yoshi? and Saki's nemesis?
Lampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:54 PM   #44
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampy View Post
what about Splinter BEING Yoshi?
He said that... o.O
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:34 PM   #45
Lampy
Stone Warrior
 
Lampy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prefight Doughnuts View Post
He said that... o.O
sorry... i overlooked that last sentence. my bad dude!
Lampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:05 AM   #46
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,682
I don't think it's so much as 'prevent the real Krang from being in the show' so much as they just didn't wanna use him. Although the Kraang are basically just evil Utroms... and it sounds so weird having evil Utroms running around calling themselves the Kraang. Sure, Krang was based on the Utroms but he was still a talking brain with his own name. He wasn't called Utrom-o or whatever.

Kinda weird now that you think about it. The Utroms were good, but we got a characters based on them being evil named Krang. Now in this show we have evil Utroms calling themselves The Kraang. I guess Utroms are just cooler when they're evil.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:06 AM   #47
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,793
That's because other than Ch'rell, the Utroms are always shown as being good and are practically saints.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:08 PM   #48
miru
Mad Scientist
 
miru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,874
Maybe we'll get Ch'rell instead of Krang?
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:54 PM   #49
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
That's because other than Ch'rell, the Utroms are always shown as being good and are practically saints.
That brings up a good point. Does the new show lend itself to having an appearance by the Utroms? The 2k3 design is a bit different than the Kraang design. So it is possible to have two similar alien races in the show.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #50
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Bringing in an identical looking species that does the exact same things but has a different name would be so goddamn stupid.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:46 PM   #51
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Bringing in an identical looking species and does the exact same things but giving them a different name would be so goddamn stupid.
It could actually work if the Utroms are shown as a counter to the Kraang...or if the Kraang themselves are mutated Utroms.

I've thought about the possibility of the Utroms showing up myself as the, "good guys," and the Turtles mistaking them for Kraang and attacking them.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:50 PM   #52
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
I think people need to come to the realization that Krang and The Utroms have been merged into one thing.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:53 PM   #53
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
I think people need to come to the realization that Krang and The Utroms have been merged into one thing.
It could go either way. Just like "The" Krang himself showing up, as in the actual character, is a possibility.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:56 PM   #54
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Anything is a damn possibility with that criteria.

Maybe Raph will explode into 10 smaller turtles all voiced by Don Cheadle! It could happen! It would be completely stupid but......hey!
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:22 AM   #55
sykosis
Thug
 
sykosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: California
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Anything is a damn possibility with that criteria.

Maybe Raph will explode into 10 smaller turtles all voiced by Don Cheadle! It could happen! It would be completely stupid but......hey!
I literally laughed out loud at this

The only possible outcome I see is this is general krang's "Army". see what I did there? I borrowed from another universe, one parallel rather than over two decades old. This still opens up even more possibilities. To speculate where they're taking this story only three episodes in leaves far too many options to even list
sykosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:42 AM   #56
Azrael Macool
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 47
To be fair, they could probably bring in a different faction of the Kraang, possibly called Utroms, who are good guys. I would not be adverse to that, but then again, we're 3 episodes in. Who knows where they're going with this.
Azrael Macool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:52 AM   #57
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I could see a Romulan/Vulcan explanation working for thew Kraang/Utroms...but it seems unnecessary.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.