The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 07:47 AM   #181
HotJuicyBurgers
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
I'm kinda with the camp of people saying the prices these things are realizing are insane. I mean, you know I don't shy away from dropping coin on the turtles...but I mean... for the price of two mini figures limited to 500...you could have had 1 of the TEN copies of The Ultimate Collection Blue labels with some seriously amazing art by Kevin.

There just seems to be a tremendous disconnect right now on the price of these things. But I think you'll see them calm down eventually... just like the toy fair figures did.
The voice of reason.

I just don't understand why someone would be willing to pay such a large sum when you could spend that same amount on so much more. I mean I guess in the end it's personal preference but... oh well.
__________________
A small blog that a friend of mine and I started reviewing some games of all genre's. Stop by if you have a second.

http://bootd.wordpress.com/
HotJuicyBurgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:29 AM   #182
weizie
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 254
The only difference between these and the toy fair figures are these appeal to tmnt collectors and lego collectors. Look up other mini figure exclusives. The prices are still pretty high.
__________________
weizie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:50 AM   #183
Scanderson
Hench Mutant
 
Scanderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 304
Well, experience demonstrates that it is often difficult to explain why the collecting community decides to "value" particular pieces the way they do. Sketches are really cool, but they are pretty accessible. The perception is likely that there is an endless supply of turtles sketches from various artists. The perceived limited nature of the Legos, from a new and exciting line, is something TMNT collectors get to sink their teeth into for the first time. I don't know that they will increase in value, but they will maintain good value. A lot of collectors are completists, and it is safe to say that there will be more than 300 TMNT Lego completists, so folks will pay a premium for those guys. I am glad to have something new to diversify the collection.
Scanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:58 AM   #184
ScratchTheHotSpot
Foot Soldier
 
ScratchTheHotSpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 207
I hope they don't go down in value too much, but if they do I won't be too fussed. I would definitely describe myself as a completist, which is why I got these figures for what could be considered, a 'premium' price.

Personally, I see little point in starting to collect TMNT lego myself, if I don't have all the mini figs that are available. It would just niggle at me if I didn't get them, and they became very hard to find, so I snapped them up. I didn't want to sit on the fence with these and risk the prices going up in a few months.

As was mentioned before, there will be Lego guys, as well as TMNT guys wanting these for their collections so for that reason, I think they were a safe buy.
ScratchTheHotSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #185
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Wow do some of you want that dark turtle Leo and Kraang Rockefeller promo that badly?

We have 6 great TMNT LEGO sets that *anyone* can buy and I think they are fantastic, I have no desire for those alternate figures. I'm more interested in what they might release next
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:56 PM   #186
ScratchTheHotSpot
Foot Soldier
 
ScratchTheHotSpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 207
Maybe this will tempt you into buying them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7FEqaYX-88

He gets a bit crazy over the potential price of these, but compared to other Lego mini figures, the price of these seems about right. There was a gold chrome plated C3PO mini fig, which goes for several hundred dollars, and they made a massive 10,000 of those... link below for that
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0l3SY42rF8
ScratchTheHotSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #187
Scanderson
Hench Mutant
 
Scanderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Wow do some of you want that dark turtle Leo and Kraang Rockefeller promo that badly?

We have 6 great TMNT LEGO sets that *anyone* can buy and I think they are fantastic, I have no desire for those alternate figures. I'm more interested in what they might release next
Why would we NOT want them. Why not have the six great sets that *anyone* can buy, PLUS the exclusives that *few* can buy ... AND, we can still be equally interested in what they might release next? It is not one or the other ... It's ALL.
Scanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #188
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Any of my fellow Canucks find these in stores yet?
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:06 AM   #189
Turtle Freak88
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 159
What is the release date on these? I know it says January 2013 but does anybody know the street date? Toyrus is the only place that has them here and its to expensive there. I finally broke down and bought mike/krang set and the raph stealth cycle set!
Turtle Freak88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #190
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
As they do with many of their sets, here are some alternate builds you can make with some of the TMNT LEGO sets.



Find the instructions here in PDF!

http://turtles.lego.com/en-us/donnies-lab/

By the way, if you haven't looked at http://turtles.lego.com (the index) recently there's a lot to see there.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #191
tiger
Foot Soldier
 
tiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 189
yep they're in alberta picked up some sets at tru a week before xmas. sold out quick though.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Any of my fellow Canucks find these in stores yet?
tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #192
lilmotto
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 813
Toysrus.com now has lowered their prices, but a lot of the sets are out of stock.
__________________
I list items on ebay frequently:
http://shop.ebay.com/lilmotto/m.html...1&_from=&_ipg=
lilmotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #193
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmotto View Post
Toysrus.com now has lowered their prices, but a lot of the sets are out of stock.
Yeah they "lowered" their prices in a temporary sale and now the prices match the retail price instead of their inflated pricing.

Check amazon unless you are looking for the exclusive sets
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #194
soccerstud652
Hench Mutant
 
soccerstud652's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 493
Which set do you need to make that alternate hoverboard with Mike?

NVM, found it.

Last edited by soccerstud652; 01-06-2013 at 04:47 PM.
soccerstud652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:58 PM   #195
juxtapose519
Foot Soldier
 
juxtapose519's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London, ON
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Any of my fellow Canucks find these in stores yet?
Between Walmart and TRU, I've seen everything except the Kraang set here in Ontario.
__________________

Collection | Trade
juxtapose519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:31 AM   #196
weizie
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 254
You guys are all worried about toys r us prices. They price match. they even price match amazon as long as it is actually sold and filled by amazon, so it can't be sold by a normal person just using amazon.com to support their store.
__________________
weizie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:45 AM   #197
FoxZerro
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by weizie View Post
You guys are all worried about toys r us prices. They price match. they even price match amazon as long as it is actually sold and filled by amazon, so it can't be sold by a normal person just using amazon.com to support their store.
This is definitely on a store by store basis. I tried to get them to match the Lego Store Online Pricing and met with the same hold ups as usual from trying to pricematch with only internet information. I know that some will do it, but the two in my area, both said "we don't match internet pricing because they don't have overhead." Also from a friend that manages a nearby TRU, I was told that they are being more selective about what they price match now that Christmas is over
FoxZerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:02 PM   #198
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by juxtapose519 View Post
Between Walmart and TRU, I've seen everything except the Kraang set here in Ontario.
That's cool


Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger View Post
yep they're in alberta picked up some sets at tru a week before xmas. sold out quick though.....
Awesome! Tonight I bought the Lair attack set from Walmart. Only set they had to and one left so I got real lucky! I'm still hoping, like others, for them to release seperate minifigs
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:15 PM   #199
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Anyone get their LEGO Club magazine with the TMNT comic and stuff inside? I got mine along with a new LEGO catalog on the same day.

Sign up for the free print mag on club.lego.com. It comes with coupons and stuff sometimes.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:57 PM   #200
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Yeah I think I recall signin up for that but never got it yet
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.