The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 05:15 PM   #401
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by juxtapose519 View Post
Anyone who says they're not going to buy the whole classics line is either lying or has brain damage.
Or is broke....
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #402
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by juxtapose519 View Post
Anyone who says they're not going to buy the whole classics line is either lying or has brain damage.
Or, you know, either wants to have a social life or needs money for stupid things, like food & bills.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:59 PM   #403
jestermon
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 486
Help I have Brain damage, am broke and have no classics turtles, ha.

I did buy some of the MOTUC but I just don't like the larger figures as much always afraid of them crashing off the shelf.

It's not really a space issue, but it will be tempting if I ever see them, an April O'Neil would be a feat of modern engineering to stand up with her toon proportions.

Hopefully the people that like these get more out of the line than the classics Thundercats figures.
jestermon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:01 PM   #404
Shogi
Hench Mutant
 
Shogi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Or, you know, either wants to have a social life or needs money for stupid things, like food & bills.
....or other toys
Shogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:09 PM   #405
jestermon
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 486
Hey I just paid my bills, I am trying to track down those new turtles right now.
jestermon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #406
edhellman
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 27
I got the new Leo today and the head actually fits on the old body, it is just tight. I don't mind the slightly different color and think it looks pretty good!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo222.jpg (39.3 KB, 80 views)
edhellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #407
Sword Slicin' Leo
Stone Warrior
 
Sword Slicin' Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: 11th & Bleeker
Posts: 763
Has Wave 2 of classics even really been seriously discussed, were the only ones i have ever heard metntioned them
Sword Slicin' Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:42 PM   #408
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Playmates needs to stock their store, yo.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:48 PM   #409
Hurrijak
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 70
Went to TRU tonight to get the Baxter Lego set & found an extra bonus, they had all the Ooze Turtles in stock so I grabbed a set, so I'm poorer, but happier. They also had all the Flingers in stock & the pizza box playset(plus restocked on the classics). Now to put this darn Lego set together, lol.
Hurrijak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:52 PM   #410
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrijak View Post
Went to TRU tonight to get the Baxter Lego set & found an extra bonus, they had all the Ooze Turtles in stock so I grabbed a set, so I'm poorer, but happier. They also had all the Flingers in stock & the pizza box playset(plus restocked on the classics). Now to put this darn Lego set together, lol.
WOW they had a lot in stock. I need to check my local TRU... I still need the baxter stockman LEGO set
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:53 PM   #411
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by edhellman View Post
I got the new Leo today and the head actually fits on the old body, it is just tight. I don't mind the slightly different color and think it looks pretty good!!!
Good job man, the head does not look as small as I thought it would. It does look smaller but not totally out of scale
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:53 PM   #412
Sword Slicin' Leo
Stone Warrior
 
Sword Slicin' Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: 11th & Bleeker
Posts: 763
http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=20&itemid=19724


So i guess there is WAVE 2!! Cant wait.. will definatly be getting 2 sets
Sword Slicin' Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:56 PM   #413
edhellman
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 27
Thanks - I think the new head, while smaller, is such an improvement. The first wave of figures all look so mad!!! Even Mikey! I'm replacing their heads for sure except maybe Raph. I will use the Ooze launching Mikey and the Flinging Don.
edhellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #414
Hurrijak
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
WOW they had a lot in stock. I need to check my local TRU... I still need the baxter stockman LEGO set
I have been trying for a few weeks to get it & just lucked out tonight as they put a few cases of the Legos out. I can rest easy now since the other sets are pretty much out everywhere. They were packed full of Turtle stuff in the action figure aisle, which is nice considering everywhere has been wiped out since Christmas around me.
Hurrijak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:03 PM   #415
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by edhellman View Post
I got the new Leo today and the head actually fits on the old body, it is just tight. I don't mind the slightly different color and think it looks pretty good!!!
Heh. Not bad. There's only one more thing to make it cartoon accurate: the pawed feet.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #416
Threat
Foot Soldier
 
Threat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by edhellman View Post
Thanks - I think the new head, while smaller, is such an improvement. The first wave of figures all look so mad!!! Even Mikey! I'm replacing their heads for sure except maybe Raph. I will use the Ooze launching Mikey and the Flinging Don.
post pics of each head-swap if you can.
__________________
Threat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:48 PM   #417
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
I went to TRU to see if they had anything new or more of the classic figures I noticed that the original wave was restocked and I did see metalhead,dog pound and fish face. They also had the ooze launching figures which I can now say that the " better" looking one is Don but I just wasn't convinced to pick them up I didn't see any Lego sets or Ooze canisters.
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:53 PM   #418
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword Slicin' Leo View Post
http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=20&itemid=19724


So i guess there is WAVE 2!! Cant wait.. will definatly be getting 2 sets
That's so one page ago
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:42 PM   #419
Doomsword
Hench Mutant
 
Doomsword's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 458
Went to TRU tonight as well. No Ooze to be found, but they had the Flingers, Ooze Turtles, & the Anchovy Alley playset. I got the Playset, reluctantly. It was $27.99. Tried to get them to price match Target's online price, but they said some BS about people showing them fraudulent prices. Whatever. Happy to have it though.

Last edited by Doomsword; 01-11-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Doomsword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #420
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsword View Post
Went to TRU tonight as well. No Ooze to be found, but they had the Flingers, Ooze Turtles, & the Anchovy Alley playset. I got the Playset, reluctantly. It was $27.99. Tried to get them to price match Target's online price, but they said some BS about people showing them fraudelent prices. Whatever. Happy to have it though.
I'm not familiar with TRU price-matching... but they should. Now that target is doing it, maybe they will work on that
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.