The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 07:57 PM   #641
Shogi
Hench Mutant
 
Shogi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 308
You missed a Pro:

It's fun!

Seriously, buy at least one and play with it
Shogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:09 PM   #642
dkram230
Stone Warrior
 
dkram230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest
Posts: 613
I bought 4 cans of ooze 2 weeks ago- 1 of each baby turtle and didn't know what I was going to do with them until I saw the new figures at Walmart today. So now I also have all 4 ooze chucking turtles plus the ooze dropping chopper and the ooze flinging water bike. I am anticipating putting towels down on the carpet and having some good old fashion quality messy fun time with my 4 year old this weekend. It gonna be a gooey mess! Can't wait!!!
dkram230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:46 PM   #643
Endurs03
Stone Warrior
 
Endurs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 564
I must have missed this...but can someone link pics or any article on these stealth turtles?
Endurs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:13 AM   #644
Redfield182
Foot Soldier
 
Redfield182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: IA
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Does anyone have a "Whoopee! Toys and games" store near them? If so, check this out:
Spoiler:


If you take a pic in this at one of the stores and send it to them you could win a free Leo combat gear, but I doubt any of you would do that lol. It's a cool display piece though!
I want!...no, I NEED THIS! lol...I'd lay down some cash to bring that home!
Redfield182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:14 AM   #645
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist
 
LincolnHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,037
A few of the new figures in there:

Leatherhead
Baxter
Rat King
Shredder w/out helmet


__________________
Hey look...no gigantic signature that takes up 1/2 the page and is animated.
LincolnHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:45 AM   #646
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior
 
OrokuYoshiFilms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The Mutant Module
Posts: 908
What's up with the red Baxter claws, man? Ugh...
OrokuYoshiFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:21 AM   #647
tengushredder
Foot Soldier
 
tengushredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: argentina
Posts: 170
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater


bebop and rock!
tengushredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:23 AM   #648
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnHawk View Post
A few of the new figures in there:

Leatherhead
Baxter
Rat King
Shredder w/out helmet


Great image it lets us see the scale of Leatherhead a lot better. Yeah he looks small Sculpt is good though. I'll take what I can get!

I wish he had an opening/closing mouth like classic leatherhead
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:30 PM   #649
Redfield182
Foot Soldier
 
Redfield182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: IA
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnHawk View Post
A few of the new figures in there:

Leatherhead
Baxter
Rat King
Shredder w/out helmet


What are those little turtles off to the left from?? They new or did I miss something?
Redfield182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #650
Doomsword
Hench Mutant
 
Doomsword's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfield182 View Post
What are those little turtles off to the left from?? They new or did I miss something?
They are coming out soon, they are titled Ninjas in Training. I believe they will come 2 to a package, as opposed to all 4 of the Toddler Turtles being released in the same package from the 2003 line.
Doomsword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:57 PM   #651
Irishmile
Hench Mutant
 
Irishmile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 331
They look awesome!
__________________
Irishmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #652
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishmile View Post
They look awful!
Spoiler:
Fixed that for ya.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #653
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Shredder 2 looks epic. I will be getting him. Why the red claws on Baxter though?

Bebop and Rocksteady look horrendous. I wasn't really interested in them in the first place, but now I'm 100% positive that I will NOT be getting them.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:11 PM   #654
Irishmile
Hench Mutant
 
Irishmile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Fixed that for ya.
I can see why some people WOULD be disappointed in them if they were expecting a more screen accurate model... I suppose I do not mind the sculptors interpretation of the characters though.
__________________
Irishmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:15 PM   #655
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishmile View Post
I can see why some people WOULD be disappointed in them if they were expecting a more screen accurate model... I suppose I do not mind the sculptors interpretation of the characters though.
To quote myself from the Classic Bebop and Rocksteady thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
My problem is just how stylized they are. The first "wave" Turtles aren't completly toon accurate either, but they are at least styled like that (or the TMNT promotional art). These 2 are far removed from the style of the previous wave. It's almost like they aren't meant to be in the same series of figures.
I also said this to my pal Cowabunga Carl on FB:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me again
If we'd have gotten stylized Turtles in wave 1, then maybe...but there's a huge disconnect between them if they are from the same series.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:34 PM   #656
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Well, I threw my ooze today, it got all hard and stuff, and I closed the cap, it was just all hard
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #657
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Leatherhead's size is a major disappointment. He might get a pass from me.

Is that a peg I see on Shredder 2's knee, might have some proper articulation after all? Although I don't see any elbow joints on him
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:37 PM   #658
Irishmile
Hench Mutant
 
Irishmile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Leatherhead's size is a major disappointment.
Me too.. I have seen toylines that have made big characters big.. Marvel Legends did.. with Hulk and Juggernaut.. its too bad playmates isnt doing the same for Dogpound and Leatherhead.
__________________
Irishmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:53 PM   #659
HotJuicyBurgers
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,023
So, How many new figures are coming out not including the flingers and ooze launchers?

Is there a list anywhere? Would love to know how much money I will soon be spending lol...
__________________
A small blog that a friend of mine and I started reviewing some games of all genre's. Stop by if you have a second.

http://bootd.wordpress.com/
HotJuicyBurgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:00 PM   #660
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
So many awesome new toys!
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.